Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Had my second dose. Arm is not sore atm which is great as it was throbbing immediately after the first one. Got a kfc after and I am tempted to get a McDonald’s later on for the Europa League final. @Chest Rockwell did suggest getting both after all. 

My reasoning for getting two takeaways is I’m playing a couple of online dart matches later and walking back and forth from the oche counts as exercise right? And it is a dart players diet after all. 

6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Has anyone seen any information yet on people who have had one shot of AZ but are now within the group that is not advised to have AZ? Are they offering a different one for second dose or not?

Couldn't seem to find any guidance on this.

The only 'guidance' I've seen online (from BHF):

Can I choose to have a different vaccine, instead of AstraZeneca?

If you had the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine for your first dose, you should have the same for your second.

Very rarely, someone might have had a serious reaction to their first dose of the vaccine. This is extremely rare, but if this does apply to you, speak to a healthcare professional about whether your second dose should be a different vaccine.

I think the main problem is they haven't done nearly enough studies on mixing to say what the results are. I know they have been trialling it but not to a point where they can change it up.

All current recommendations are that you take the same one unless you've got a genuine reason not to, so I'd contact a doctor if there is a reason and seems like there'd be an option.

Edited by DavidB6937

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Has anyone seen any information yet on people who have had one shot of AZ but are now within the group that is not advised to have AZ? Are they offering a different one for second dose or not?

Couldn't seem to find any guidance on this.

My misses had a second AZ jab last week, that was all they had. I think if you want a different one you need to speak to your GP to arrange an alternative appointment 

• Moderators

Not had my 1st yet, but my centre is a leisure centre in the middle of a housing estate 20 yards from my house but 6 miles away from any chain fast food. So a Mars bar from the vender it'd have to be.

2nd dose about a fortnight ago (Pfizer), been having really vivid messed up dreams ever since - have seen some chat online about this being a possible rare side effect

anyone else?

killing me waking up each morning exhausted despite sleeping through

Edited by courageous

• Paid Members

Aside from a few hours immediately after the second jab, my arm's been fine. My whole body feels knackered though because for the last two nights I've been waking every 20-30 minutes.

I plan to do nothing today but watch shit films and eat like a teenager whose parents have gone away for the weekend.

I had my first Pfizer jab Wednesday morning; only side effects were that come evening my arm felt really badly bruised (almost like someone had given me a dead arm) and I couldn't lift it above a certain height.  It had eased by yesterday, feeling more like a dull ache, today it's fine. 

• Moderators

Got my first one on Monday morning, (Astra) and was fine until the evening, strutting around all cocky with only a minor dead arm. Then I suddenly got massively unwell; crippling headache, muscle pains everywhere, and shivering so badly, my teeth were clacking like in a cartoon. That went on for about 12 hours, with a horrible fever all night, followed by another day of still being quite lightheaded and ill. Fine now though.

Getting my first dose on Wednesday, though I won't know what I'm being given until I get there (it will likely be Pfizer though). 

Heard different things from family who got their jabs, though they were both AstraZeneca. My mother was fine, with zero side effects, while my brother felt rotten and was wiped out for a bit after. 

Either way, I'm looking forward to finally getting the vaccine, with the second one to follow five weeks after. It'll enable us to do so, so much more here in the Czech Republic and abroad. 

I'm a little wary because me and my wife are getting it on the same day, so hoping we don't both feel like shit as we've got a toddler and a baby to look after, so fingers crossed...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Got my first one on Monday morning, (Astra) and was fine until the evening, strutting around all cocky with only a minor dead arm. Then I suddenly got massively unwell; crippling headache, muscle pains everywhere, and shivering so badly, my teeth were clacking like in a cartoon. That went on for about 12 hours, with a horrible fever all night, followed by another day of still being quite lightheaded and ill. Fine now though.

Exact same experience of Astra jab here.

• Paid Members

Yeah that sounds almost exactly like what happened to my girlfriend. She got her first dose of Astra in the afternoon, was fine all day and then at night she took a real turn for the worst. Really bad fever and intense headache. Poor thing said she felt like she was dying. It was a super rough night for her but in the morning she felt a bit better. Seeing her made me think I might prefer not to opt for the Astra.