Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

I think it completely depends on what the 'main event' of your McDs is. If your having nuggets as the main bit, then yes, 20, of course. If nuggets is a side, then 6 is fine if the burger yiu are having is one of their larger offerings - say, a Double Quarter pounder A Big Mac, whilst having the word 'big' in its title, is relatively small in comparison to say the Big Tasty, which does both things its says its supposed to do.

Also, as this post is almost exclusively about McDs - let me get back on topic by saying my second jab is booked for 10th July, but I'll probably have it moved forward as apparently there are loads of AZ ones going spare...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, marc2j said:

think it completely depends on what the 'main event' of your McDs is. If your having nuggets as the main bit, then yes, 20, of course. If nuggets is a side, then 6 is fine if the burger yiu are having is one of their larger offerings - say, a Double Quarter pounder

Couldn't disagree more, I don't care what the burger offering is I'm still going for 20 on the side.  I used to go there for lunch and have 20 to eat on the drive back to the office, with everything else being "lunch".

I guess this explains me being a big ol' fatty boom boom.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Couldn't disagree more, I don't care what the burger offering is I'm still going for 20 on the side.  I used to go there for lunch and have 20 to eat on the drive back to the office, with everything else being "lunch".

I guess this explains me being a big ol' fatty boom boom.

No shaming here, I'm also a bunter. Maybe I've been getting it wrong all these years. I'm intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I get totally suckered in by the pricing. It makes economic sense to me to go for the 20 even though some will be cold by the time I eat them. 

Maccies chicken nuggets are even tastier than usual after being heated up in the oven for 10-15 minutes. They go really crispy on the outside but the inside stays just as delicious as if you'd only just bought them. Also can be used as a "booster" side effect neutraliser just to stave off any minor unpleasant reactions the day after the jab.

• Paid Members

Got a text to offer my 2nd jab earlier but I'd already strategically booked it slap-bang in the middle of a Saturday, with the sunday off to potentially recover. I look forward to nursing both my health and a 20 nugget sharebox for one.

19 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Maccies chicken nuggets are even tastier than usual after being heated up in the oven for 10-15 minutes. They go really crispy on the outside but the inside stays just as delicious as if you'd only just bought them. Also can be used as a "booster" side effect neutraliser just to stave off any minor unpleasant reactions the day after the jab.

Thanks, Dr Luvva. I’ll be sure to stick to this prescription on Saturday when I have my second dose. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

I'd already strategically booked it slap-bang in the middle of a Saturday, with the sunday off to potentially recover.

We have very different work ethics - I went on the basis that if I was going to be ill and have to recover, I wasn't doing it on my own time.

I cancelled my second jab and now have one booked in a few weeks earlier than originally planned. Win.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Chris B said:

We have very different work ethics - I went on the basis that if I was going to be ill and have to recover, I wasn't doing it on my own time.

I cancelled my second jab and now have one booked in a few weeks earlier than originally planned. Win.

I work retail so booking it during a Saturday means I get the guaranteed weekend off with my wife. 

• Moderators

In true American fashion, the state of Massachusetts are giving away 5 prizes of a million dollars to people who are vaccinated. Nothing will motivate the anti vaxxers like sweet government coin.

• Paid Members

Is there a set timeframe now between first and second? Seemed they were saying they were bringing it forward from 12 weeks to 8 weeks, is that the case or can you do it whenever now? I’m about two weeks away from the 8 week timeframe but no text yet. Wondering if I should phone the helpline or just wait, or if I can walk in somewhere.