Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Sorry for the lateness of mentioning this, but I only managed to verify for certain recently that the place I got my jab, the Business Design Centre in Angel, is only stocking the Moderna vaccine, so if there's anyone here who's London-based and not fancying the AZ, that's at least one place you know you should be able to book. Hope this helps. I only had a sore shoulder afterwards that I was able to manage with paracetamol, although I do know someone who had it and got mild flu-like symptoms for about 12 hours.

• Paid Members

6 minutes ago, waters44 said:

I’ve got mine booked tonight. I saw that it’s recommended under 40s avoid AZ. Has anyone under 40 turned up and been given AZ? I’m getting a bit anxious now

Such an absolute fence sitting Libran answer here, but it's literally dependent on person, I'd have to think based on what I've seen happen within my circle.
Two mates of mine (one is 38, one is 41) both asthmatic, and got the AZ prick;
41 year old got it on Tuesday and has been "fluey" since with his asthma revving up all over the shop on him and he says he has to keep yawning to get a deep breath, but the 38 year old feels brand new and didn't have one ache or pain. Latter got hers two weeks ago, I think.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, waters44 said:

I’ve got mine booked tonight. I saw that it’s recommended under 40s avoid AZ. Has anyone under 40 turned up and been given AZ? I’m getting a bit anxious now

I’m 30 and I got it. As did my mate. First dose my arm was killing me for days and the day after I got the flu like symptoms for 24 hours. Been fine after my second one on Wednesday. Same for my friend as well.

People say different things about both vaccines. The bloke taking our details and booking us in the other day told a woman next to us they only have AZ as they don’t recommend Pfizer to anyone over 40. Yet my girlfriends mum, who’s 62, got Pfizer and has been fine. But that’s when you just listen to the experts and not the bloke booking people into a chemist. 

I’m livid. I had my second dose of AZ yesterday and intended to get a big greasy kebab for lunch, but then my better half made me fish salad without telling me. Fucking bitch.

Still yet to have a post-jab takeaway, so I’m not even sure if I’m fully vaccinated now.

• Paid Members
On 5/28/2021 at 3:24 PM, waters44 said:

I had AZ, felt like shite for 24 hours but fine after that. I don't think there's anything to worry about. The blood clot risk is massively low.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I had AZ, felt like shite for 24 hours but fine after that. I don't think there's anything to worry about. The blood clot risk is massively low.

Thanks. I turned up and they had a queue for the old farts to get AZ and a queue for us spring chickens to get Pfeizer. My wife had the same and neither of us had any side effects other than a dead arm so all good. 

Just got to convince other people in my family to get the jab now as some of them think it’s a sterilization technique 🤷‍♂️ Dopey as fuck

Anyone been for a walk-in/drive through test recently? How long did it take for the result to come back? Took my eldest because she’s been coughing a lot, it’s probably her asthma, which always gets triggered by a cold, but want to be sure. 

1 hour ago, hallicks said:

Anyone been for a walk-in/drive through test recently? How long did it take for the result to come back? Took my eldest because she’s been coughing a lot, it’s probably her asthma, which always gets triggered by a cold, but want to be sure. 

I took my eldest a couple of weeks ago to get one, we got there for 8am save got the results (negative) at 7.15am the following day. Hope she's ok 

• Paid Members

There was a pop-up vaccination tent in Stockport town centre on Friday, I'm assuming these are quite common across the country right now?

For food reference, this one was near a Greggs, Crawshaws and Pound Bakery.

• Paid Members

Got my 2nd AZ vax yesterday and promptly passed out for about 12 hours overnight. Not feeling too bad today, tired and run down but not had the fever and aches of the first time. Celebrating with a full chippy tea tonight.

• Paid Members
On 5/30/2021 at 7:20 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

There was a pop-up vaccination tent in Stockport town centre on Friday, I'm assuming these are quite common across the country right now?

For food reference, this one was near a Greggs, Crawshaws and Pound Bakery.

My mum's in Blackburn and they've got a vaccination bus that goes around. Presumably they're not in motion while they're vaccinating otherwise there'd be more than a few dissatisfied customers, especially given the state of some of the roads round there.