Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, KRS said:

I am in the same situation. Had my first jab last week and was due to have my second at a different location miles away (was the only option when I was booking).

I've now tried to cancel/change it but ended up not being able to book just a single appointment. 

I'd be interested to hear if it gets sorted for you at all. I'm leaving it for a week or two hoping the system will update.

It worked for me this morning - followed the link on the text/email, went to "Manage My Booking", and this time it only allowed me to select one date, which conveniently was a little closer than where I was previously booked for, and a day earlier.

I don't know if it's because I tried again the next day and something had been processed at their end or because of a formatting thing - when it asks for your NHS number, I had previously just entered mine as one long number. This morning I broke it up with spaces (i.e. 123 456 7890), and that only allowed me to book the one date for my second appointment. I don't know if that would be more helpful for you?

I assume that if you don't turn up or rebook a second appointment the NHS would get in touch, but I have no idea. I tried emailing them yesterday, so if they come back with anything helpful I'll let you know.

Feeling like shit today, one day post-jab. Most of yesterday was just a dull ache in my arm, some muscle pain, and a bit of a headache, but then I slept horribly and got cold sweats in the night, and this morning I felt really queasy, and now just feeling lethargic and starting to get a bastard of a headache, with occasional shivers. Feels like a particularly rotten comedown. 

• Paid Members

If you got the AZ one then I'd say there's at least good hope for your second one. Mine were both AZ and that first jab was horrendous to the point I've been dreading my second, but the second one I just had a nice lie-in, took a couple of ibuprofen and felt fine since.

• Paid Members

Got a text from the local surgery offering the vaccines to any over 18s, so sent my eldest two down today (even writing that makes me feel old AF). They also both took their boyfriend/girlfriend down there. What a lovely date.

No chance I'm buying them a takeaway. Freeloading bastards.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I assume that if you don't turn up or rebook a second appointment the NHS would get in touch, but I have no idea. I tried emailing them yesterday, so if they come back with anything helpful I'll let you know.

I don't know about them contacting you for not turning up to a booking, but having booked my second jab off my own steam through the booking system I did get a text today inviting me to book my second jab. So I've booked that one as it's a closer location and sooner, but now need to separately cancel the other booking.

I saw it had an option for 'don't book', which if you directed that it gave you a list of options to choose from why you didn't want it, and one of them was "booked elsewhere".so it seems like they do know which systems do and don't talk to each other and when, so that's encouraging.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Got my Pfizer jab today - drove to Kenilworth and had it done, then had boba tea and a smash burger+chips as a treat. 

Boba Tea and a Smash burger. Was the thing you drove down there A Penny Farthing or motorized unicycle?

Me and the Wife had our 1st Pfizer jab yesterday and had a Takeaway Pizza afterwards

Round the In Laws for dinner tonight and my Father in Law has already ordered Takeaway Pizzas before we said we had some last night 

Seems Im well covered then

Haven't had much side effects, just a slight dead arm (felt like I'd been punched hard where the needle went in) from late last night which is wearing off now as i hit the 24 hr since the jab mark, 

• Paid Members

That’s a proper McDonalds that my mate would have, nicely done. Although one of the cheese burgers would be gone before he gets to the table as he has a “till burger” while he waits for the rest to be made 

• Paid Members

Turns out one of the longer lasting symptoms I've had is not being able to smell farts or shit. My smell is back (I thought) entirely now but since having Covid I can't smell the dog's shit when I'm cleaning the garden which is great for me, really happy with that. I thought also that recently none of my farts have smelt of anything so I've been sneakily cracking them off left and right. Living the high life.
Yesterday my Brother and Wife were sat near me and I let one go and they recoiled in disgust at the smell, but I couldn't smell it still. Turns out they've probably stank this entire time and it's just me that can't smell them rather than them being odourless.

On the other hand, all shit and farts now smell spicy to my Wife, which is bizarre.