• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been in the smaller of the two Tesco in Lincoln. Things were pretty much in stock apart from loo roll and pet food. Did see one guy at the till getting told by the checkout girl that he couldn't

I'll eventually work through all the messages but I'm safe. Thanks folks. I'm still an absolute mess but safe all the same. 

Posted Images

To be honest @Wretch you're  better off just going to get your jab than trying to get it rearranged because you feel you don't deserve it. You'll have to get it at some point and the amount of admin time it will take to a) get to the bottom of why you have been invited and b) try to move yourself in the list is going to take up more NHS time than just going to get your jab.

Edited by deathrey
  • Paid Members

I see they're telling people on the Isle Of Man to stay at home 4 weeks on from lifting all their restrictions because they've had a pretty big outbreak over there. Imagine what it'll be like over here? June? Maybe 2022.. 

10 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I see they're telling people on the Isle Of Man to stay at home 4 weeks on from lifting all their restrictions because they've had a pretty big outbreak over there. Imagine what it'll be like over here? June? Maybe 2022.. 

Yeah, but to be fair one "family visit" on there is just the whole island getting together isn't it?

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The Isle of Man had a similar strategy to Guernsey, which is of elimination rather than the UK's attempt to manage it. Basically, they've taken advantage of being a small island and shut the borders, worked to ensure there were 0 cases on-island, and strict border control measures and effective track and trace after the fact. 

Part of that strategy means that they have to be in the position to make a rapid response and go into full lockdown if there are any outbreaks that they're unable to effectively trace. The UK hasn't followed the same strategy.

• Paid Members
On 2/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah. Few hours later and the only side-effect is a slightly numb and sore arm.

A “spicy arm” as my daughter would call it. How’s it now?

My mum and dad both had their first jabs over the past couple of weeks. Big relief as they were the ones I was most concerned about due to a few health issues with both. My wife’s mum is having hers this week. For the first time in a while when it comes to this, my mood has perked up. Think it’s just the fact that something is finally happening that gives hope for some kind of normality again. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

A “spicy arm” as my daughter would call it. How’s it now?

I hope you realise how much a part of my family's lexicon 'spicy foot' has become because of your daughter!

It's fine now, it faded around yesterday afternoon and I haven't had any other effects.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

!

It's fine now, it faded around yesterday afternoon and I haven't had any other effects.

As great as that is (Mrs Scorch has hers next Saturday), I can’t be the only one waiting to find out what you had from McDonalds can I?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

As great as that is (Mrs Scorch has hers next Saturday), I can’t be the only one waiting to find out what you had from McDonalds can I?

Sausage and egg McMuffin of course!

• Paid Members

I had a text from my Dad earlier that simply said “All jabbed up and nowhere to go”

I don’t want to be too optimistic but it is starting to feel like we may be slowly inching our way back to some normality now

• Paid Members

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.eu/article/germany-coronavirus-vaccine-conundrum-oxford-astrazeneca/amp/

The EU have fucked themselves haven’t they?  Macron called it quasi ineffective in over 65s to. 

Edited by quote the raven
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, quote the raven said:

The EU have fucked themselves haven’t they?  Macron called it quasi ineffective in over 65s to.

How do you read that and take it as the EU?

Germany chose not to use AZ for the elderly, which could have blighted perception of that vaccine overall.  Sadly the nuance and reasoning of the decision has been lost in the headlines and Facebook shares.  Maybe if you're in a country that has considerably less than half the per-capita deaths of the UK you can be a bit choosier about the jab you'd like.  Living in the UK I'm stuck in the "you can put Bovril in my arm if it helps" situation so I'll take anything when offered.

There are countries within the EU vaccinating at higher rates than Germany or France.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, johnnyboy said:

How do you read that and take it as the EU?

Germany chose not to use AZ for the elderly, which could have blighted perception of that vaccine overall.  Sadly the nuance and reasoning of the decision has been lost in the headlines and Facebook shares.  Maybe if you're in a country that has considerably less than half the per-capita deaths of the UK you can be a bit choosier about the jab you'd like.  Living in the UK I'm stuck in the "you can put Bovril in my arm if it helps" situation so I'll take anything when offered.

There are countries within the EU vaccinating at higher rates than Germany or France.

Spain Germany France Italy have all limited the use to under 65s. I was probably to wide in the term the EU so i redact that. They will all struggle to now prove to people it works. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

They will all struggle to now prove to people it works. 

I can't see why other countries didn't follow our strategy of getting people to agree to take a vaccine based on the manufacturer's instructions and then have the government go "LOL, see you in three months instead of three weeks" after the first jab had been administered.

We rolled the dice on giving the virus room to develop in a partially immunised population due to our numbers being horrific.  I hope it continues to pay off and doesn't backfire catastrophically, but let's not suck ourselves off too much just yet.  We're not at a million people being fully dosed.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I can't see why other countries didn't follow our strategy of getting people to agree to take a vaccine based on the manufacturer's instructions and then have the government go "LOL, see you in three months instead of three weeks" after the first jab had been administered.

A bit more meat in English on the French rollout in this thread.  Sticking to the manufacturer's jab schedule they couldn't just go nuts with first jabs until the second doses were secured.