Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

If you've had your first you should be able to book your second at any time without waiting for a text. A lot of people I know who were on 12 weeks waiting cancelled and re-booked and got it closer to 8 weeks.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, choccygirl said:

Is there a set timeframe now between first and second? Seemed they were saying they were bringing it forward from 12 weeks to 8 weeks, is that the case or can you do it whenever now? I’m about two weeks away from the 8 week timeframe but no text yet. Wondering if I should phone the helpline or just wait, or if I can walk in somewhere.

Just go online and book it through the self serve portal. The system will recognise that you've had your first and it's your second that you're booking after you've put in your nhs number.

• Paid Members

This thread is pretty much my news source for all things Covid, so apologies for the potentially stupid question. I see a lot of you mentioning being able to book an advanced 2nd jab ahead of the standard 8-12 weeks... Is this an England only type thing? Any of my Welsh brethren been able to do this? Had my first jab on April 30th and would like to get my second sooner rather than later. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Just go online and give it a go!

I did a few weeks back. I don't seem to have the option online but was just curious if any other welshies have had any luck through other avenues. 

• Paid Members

I don’t want to cancel the original second appointment (I did them both at the same time) because it’s a problem here to get them close to home.  If I cancel it then can’t get a good new second one then I’m screwed which is why I wondered if there was another way (e.g. drop in) or if they get in touch etc.  But also, left to my own devices, I wasn’t sure if I had to do 8 weeks or earlier to know when to actually change it.

The vaccination programme has gone really well but there are parts of it that I wish were better.  The communication over this has been pretty bad when they’re meant to be getting us all done asap.

@Silky KisserI think it’s all countries but I’m not 100%.  Was mentioned in the press conference the other day but then that was about English restrictions so...?  Hopefully it will tell you online.

15 hours ago, neil said:

In true American fashion, the state of Massachusetts are giving away 5 prizes of a million dollars to people who are vaccinated. Nothing will motivate the anti vaxxers like sweet government coin.

Or make them more suspicious than a Government bribing people to get the jag! 

5 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Had my second jab this morning, 1 month ahead of my original schedule so I'm absolutely delighted with that.

Having gotten back in the car, I decided that I should keep with tradition and get some junk food and took a slight detour to Burger King. It was closed.

So I went home and went the McDonalds drive-thru, only to be told they wouldn't sell me a burger meal at 9:00am and only did breakfasts before 11:00am. This clearly shows my inexperience with such things, and so I had to sulk though the line of cars, skipping the windows before I could be released back onto the road with my tail very much between my legs.

But I did go back at lunch and got a BBQ Bacon Stack meal with a fizzy orange and 12 nuggets. I Hope that still counts.

Wait - you didn't get breakfast?

• Paid Members

Mine is re-booked, thanks for the advice.

For anyone else wondering, it does indeed show you options before you cancel.  Those options then didn’t show in the next window as it was looking at the next week so don’t take the availability as gospel.  It lets you search for locations but those all seemed to look at the next week too.

It was fine for me as the week offered fitted with the 8 week spacing (if that’s still a thing) and it’s only next weekend so no issue to wait.  So happy to get it sorted.