Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm fairly certain it is 10 days isolation if you have it or have been in contact with someone who had it. If your text said a week I guess that is what they have possibly changed it to.

My youngest was in contact with someone and has to do 10 days which means I am also doing 10 days as my wife makes the money. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I uninstalled the app after I got 10 days isolation when I hadn't been near anyone. I've not broken a rule during this last 18 months but fuck that, honestly. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I had a positive test and was only asked to stay at home for a week (free tomorrow, pub is going to get some hammer). Is that right? I honestly don't know.

Yeah, as it dates it back from when you first started showing symptoms. So if you say you started feeling like shit etc 3 days ago, those days are taken from thy 10 days. That's what happened with my daughter over Xmas.

Alternatively you could've just thought 'fuck it,  I probably haven't got it, I drink loads of water me' and just go out and spread it like Rick did.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I suspect it may be that I was pinged by one of the blokes in the flat upstairs, whose paths we never cross, but whose mobile phones we're constantly in close proximity to. 

Posted

I got 10 days last Friday  - been a long 4 days so far.

Been racking my brains when I contacted someone and I went for a Maccies breakfast on the Thursday morning and signed in using the app - so it must have been that. However, I ate breakfast at 6am and there was literally *Redknapp* nobody else in.

So I'm guessing it kept me signed in and I picked up a positive from someone later that day.

Incidentally, one of the lads at the cricket club has tested positive yesterday from a Lateral Flow Test and is getting a PCR later today. He played at the weekend, so currently all our side are isolating pending the result of the PCR

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Alternatively you could've just thought 'fuck it,  I probably haven't got it, I drink loads of water me' and just go out and spread it like Rick did.

Fuck off, I stayed at home for 10 days. Then I deleted the app.

Posted (edited)

Need some advice please.

I was at my friend's wedding on Saturday. He messaged me tonight to tell me two of the guests have since tested positive for covid, one of them being his nephew, whom I spent quite a bit of time with. Most of that time was outside, but we were drinking in his hotel room after the reception finished.

My friend and his wife have both had negative test results, and I will be testing myself first thing tomorrow morning. I have told my manager the situation, and that I won't be coming in until I've had my test. However, after looking at the guidance online, it seems that I am supposed to self isolate for 10 days, as I definitely had prolonged contact. I haven't been contacted by the nhs test and trace service, so I'm not sure where I stand. 

My job involves contact with elderly, so I'm not willing to take any unnecessary risks, but could see my manager pushing for me to come to work if I have negative test tomorrow.

Edited to add: I am due to have my first vaccine on 3rd of July.

Edited by King_Of_Bling_Bling
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

There's really no fucking value in doing that and you're not going to get it from someone just walking by you out in the street. This is the sort of thing we were doing back at the start of lockdown 1 because the virus was rampant and we had no idea how to fight it or how it spread. There is absolutely no need to be doing that now.

It's basically just another stupid affectation in the theatre of British politeness.

There's not much chance of being struck by lightning either, but you still won't find me stood under a tree during a thunderstorm. It's all about taking reasonable steps to minimise risks, and I use the word reasonable quite deliberately. I'm not expecting people to walk in the road or cross to the other side, but it doesn't take much of an effort to step to the outside of the pavement to make room for other people. All through May the increase in the number of infections was quite low, generally in the low thousands per day. Since the start of June the number of infections has been steadily, though not consistently, increasing and we're now up to over 20,000 infections over the last couple of days. Under those circumstances, you'd think more people would make even a tiny effort.

Edited by Tamura
Posted

Unfortunately, a massive proportion of the population are thick / selfish / cunts / a combination of all three, so expecting the general public to make any sort of effort that might benefit anyone but themselves is probably a bit too much to ask.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

So I gets myself double vaccinated as we still want some sort of holiday, and just as we go, I can no longer access the NHS App. 

I reported it to their help team (actually, it autogenerates a query) and they responded within 24 hours. We had a bit of back and forth and they said it needed referring to a "specialist" team. 

I got the automated email with the new reference number and contact address, and since then there's been nothing. 

I've sent three chasers, and still no reply. I'm coming home on Friday, and I can't prove I'm vaccinated. 

I'm fucked, aren't I? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 6/30/2021 at 3:08 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Unfortunately, a massive proportion of the population are thick / selfish / cunts / a combination of all three, so expecting the general public to make any sort of effort that might benefit anyone but themselves is probably a bit too much to ask.

 

The football isn't helping. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

So I gets myself double vaccinated as we still want some sort of holiday, and just as we go, I can no longer access the NHS App. 

I reported it to their help team (actually, it autogenerates a query) and they responded within 24 hours. We had a bit of back and forth and they said it needed referring to a "specialist" team. 

I got the automated email with the new reference number and contact address, and since then there's been nothing. 

I've sent three chasers, and still no reply. I'm coming home on Friday, and I can't prove I'm vaccinated. 

I'm fucked, aren't I? 

You can also get your Covid vaccination status online here:

https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/

The app is quite temperamental so the website is usually a good fallback.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Did the Download Pilot two weeks ago, complete negative tests and no contact pings for people who did have the virus. But I'm honestly finding being out in pubs since absolutely terrifying just due to the amount of people being around each other, switching tables and so on with no clear construct of whether they are negative or not. Especially as I hear so many people talking about how they've deleted their app as they can't afford to miss work.

Had my first jab Wednesday and I think today is the first day I've actually had a proper amount of energy and been able to move my arm enough to even go for a walk. Second one is gonna absolutely suck I can already guess.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...