Paid Members Tommy! Posted July 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2021 (edited) 1 hour ago, Carbomb said: Edited July 7, 2021 by Tommy! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 8, 2021 Members Posted July 8, 2021 (edited) Important news. My two* tested negative which is a massive relief. Edit: *kids, not Teletubbies. Edited July 8, 2021 by SuperBacon Eh oh Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted July 8, 2021 Posted July 8, 2021 Those aren't real vaccines. I'll be keeping well clear of that set of Teletubby bastards from now on. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted July 8, 2021 Posted July 8, 2021 Absolutely chuffed that they've scrapped quarantining for double-jabbed Brits visiting Amber List countries. Looks like I'll get to see my folks for the first time in eighteen months and they can finally meet their grandson. Genuinely a bit emotional about the prospect now. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2021 12 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Important news. My two* tested negative which is a massive relief. Edit: *kids, not Teletubbies. There's a reply thread which is an interesting dive into the mind of somebody. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted July 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2021 Got a notification that I need to self-isolate for 10 days, immediately after planning seeing my mum this weekend. “Sorry, no can do any more. Need to self-isolate.” “Yeah, whatever…” Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2021 Spent most of the day from early morning to about an hour ago being battered by the vaccine, bloody hate that flu feeling. Recovered now, though. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted July 8, 2021 Posted July 8, 2021 You'd have fine from the get go if you had a Big Mac and not a noncewich. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2021 13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: You'd have fine from the get go if you had a Big Mac and not a noncewich. The knowledge I'd had a noncewich and not a turdburger is what saw me through. Quote
David Posted July 8, 2021 Posted July 8, 2021 46 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said: Got a notification that I need to self-isolate for 10 days, immediately after planning seeing my mum this weekend. “Sorry, no can do any more. Need to self-isolate.” “Yeah, whatever…” Has your mum been double-vaccinated? Quote
Keith Houchen Posted July 8, 2021 Posted July 8, 2021 12 minutes ago, David said: Has your mum been double-vaccinated? She’s been double somethinged HAHAHAHAHAHA LADS!!!! Quote
stewdogg Posted July 8, 2021 Posted July 8, 2021 1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said: Got a notification that I need to self-isolate for 10 days, immediately after planning seeing my mum this weekend. “Sorry, no can do any more. Need to self-isolate.” “Yeah, whatever…” That’s unlucky to get the full 10 days. I, along with some others from my team, got a 5 day one yesterday which is from the pub I went to after work last week. Bollocks Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted July 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2021 1 hour ago, David said: Has your mum been double-vaccinated? Yes. As I have I. As has my grandmother who was going to be there this weekend. Still not worth the risk, though. Quote
Sonny Mustang Posted July 8, 2021 Posted July 8, 2021 Ugh, hoped the lifting of 10 day quarantine rules for double jabbed returns from Amber countries might mean I could come and see the fam, but alas it’s only for those who got it through the NHS. Which don’t get me wrong- I totally understand for logistics purposes. Just sad. Even Christmas looks like a stretch right now and I miss my ma ? Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted July 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2021 (edited) Perhaps worth noting that if you get the alert from the app, the 10 day self-isolation is only advisory and not legally. That's because the app is anonymized, so nobody knows it's you getting it. If you're contacted directly by Track and Trace staff (or you test positive), the self-isolation period is legally binding. So if you get pinged by the app, it's a matter of conscience but you could decide to just take a daily lateral flow test rather than self-isolate. (Also, it appears the sensitivity on the app is going to be turned down so you have to spend a longer time/be closer to the person who tests positive before you get an alert. Apparently the government crunched the numbers and realised that so many people would be self-isolating that transport and healthcare would fall apart through staff absence.) Edited July 8, 2021 by JNLister Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.