Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Moderators

Being slowly convinced by something (over a matter of months!) after the fact is not "initial agreement". You've clearly miss sold your original position to frame your current argument in a more sympathetic light. I've no interest in being involved in one your trademark pedantic back and forths so I'll leave it there if you can't see what you've done and hold your hands up to it.

• Paid Members

NHS Test & Trace rang today (as expected, seeing as they ring every day), as I'm due to receive my day 8 test kit today.

Despite knowing beforehand that I'm on day 8, he asked if I'd opted into the early release scheme so that I can end quarantine on day 5. He also asked if - when the test arrives - I intended to take it.

• Paid Members

To all of those that have recently self isolated after being told to do so by the app, how do you feel now? My son missed his last week of school for the current school year. If only he was 'selected at random' to participate in this daily testing pilot scheme. Oh silly me, he's not part of the elite is he?

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, JNLister said:

I'm not sure what's worse: if they didn't realise this will absolutely destroy any remaining public goodwill, compliance and willingness to give the benefit of the doubt, or if they don't care.

Surely it’s the second one. I imagine there’ll be a poll in a bit somehow still showing an increase in Conservative popularity.

21 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Surely it’s the second one. I imagine there’ll be a poll in a bit somehow still showing an increase in Conservative popularity.

Exactly. And come voting time, all will be forgotten. If an opposition party try to draw the Tories on their murderous performance, that party will be accused of not having policies of their own by Tory supporters. If they don't, they'll be accused of skirting the key issues by their own supporters.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

And come voting time, all will be forgotten

Voting time? This will all be forgotten come tomorrow sadly. Hopefully Rashford speaks up about this soon. 

Edit: only just seen the u-turn. So basically 'uh oh chaps, the peasants are onto us, I suppose we better abide by the rules. Oh well, the whisky chasers at Chequers can wait a week'

Cunts.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

To all of those that have recently self isolated after being told to do so by the app, how do you feel now? My son missed his last week of school for the current school year. If only he was 'selected at random' to participate in this daily testing pilot scheme. Oh silly me, he's not part of the elite is he?

Fucking damn right they should be self-isolating if the rest of us have to when we get pinged by the app. I literally just ended my bout of self-isolation at midnight.