Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 15, 2021 Moderators Posted July 15, 2021 Being slowly convinced by something (over a matter of months!) after the fact is not "initial agreement". You've clearly miss sold your original position to frame your current argument in a more sympathetic light. I've no interest in being involved in one your trademark pedantic back and forths so I'll leave it there if you can't see what you've done and hold your hands up to it. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 17, 2021 Posted July 17, 2021 If you think our government have their priorities in the wrong order with how they're currently handling COVID, Australia have just let Katie Hopkins into their country. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 17, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2021 Like they don't have enough poisonous creatures. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted July 17, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2021 NHS Test & Trace rang today (as expected, seeing as they ring every day), as I'm due to receive my day 8 test kit today. Despite knowing beforehand that I'm on day 8, he asked if I'd opted into the early release scheme so that I can end quarantine on day 5. He also asked if - when the test arrives - I intended to take it. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted July 18, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2021 To all of those that have recently self isolated after being told to do so by the app, how do you feel now? My son missed his last week of school for the current school year. If only he was 'selected at random' to participate in this daily testing pilot scheme. Oh silly me, he's not part of the elite is he? Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted July 18, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2021 I'm not sure what's worse: if they didn't realise this will absolutely destroy any remaining public goodwill, compliance and willingness to give the benefit of the doubt, or if they don't care. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 18, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted July 18, 2021 38 minutes ago, JNLister said: I'm not sure what's worse: if they didn't realise this will absolutely destroy any remaining public goodwill, compliance and willingness to give the benefit of the doubt, or if they don't care. Surely it’s the second one. I imagine there’ll be a poll in a bit somehow still showing an increase in Conservative popularity. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted July 18, 2021 Posted July 18, 2021 Just goes to show, if your willing to buckle down and work hard you can overcome anything. The working class Tories will lap it up. Quote
CavemanLynn Posted July 18, 2021 Posted July 18, 2021 21 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Surely it’s the second one. I imagine there’ll be a poll in a bit somehow still showing an increase in Conservative popularity. Exactly. And come voting time, all will be forgotten. If an opposition party try to draw the Tories on their murderous performance, that party will be accused of not having policies of their own by Tory supporters. If they don't, they'll be accused of skirting the key issues by their own supporters. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted July 18, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2021 (edited) 29 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said: And come voting time, all will be forgotten Voting time? This will all be forgotten come tomorrow sadly. Hopefully Rashford speaks up about this soon. Edit: only just seen the u-turn. So basically 'uh oh chaps, the peasants are onto us, I suppose we better abide by the rules. Oh well, the whisky chasers at Chequers can wait a week' Cunts. Edited July 18, 2021 by PunkStep Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted July 18, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2021 2 hours ago, PunkStep said: To all of those that have recently self isolated after being told to do so by the app, how do you feel now? My son missed his last week of school for the current school year. If only he was 'selected at random' to participate in this daily testing pilot scheme. Oh silly me, he's not part of the elite is he? Fucking damn right they should be self-isolating if the rest of us have to when we get pinged by the app. I literally just ended my bout of self-isolation at midnight. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 18, 2021 Posted July 18, 2021 "Pinged" seems to have become the word du jour this past week and it's already doing my head in. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 18, 2021 Members Posted July 18, 2021 Should change it to "Pingued" and the app should give a little DOOT DOOT to make it more fun. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.