Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
On 7/22/2021 at 7:36 PM, PunkStep said:

Yeah, Japanese football fans are notorious for cleaning up the stands at the end of matches too, so it's clearly from a young age. However I was more referring to Chinese rather than Japanese.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:46 PM, SuperBacon said:

The Chinese (and Japanese). A great bunch of tidy lads.

Out of context anecdote :

One of my favourite memories ever was spending New Years 2018 in Tokyo. We went to Hub in Shibuya which is what the Japanese think a British pub is like. It’s a bit like the cleanest Wetherspoons you ever saw with TVs and shooters named after Dynamite Kid etc. It wasn’t particularly busy and the two of us might have been the only non-natives there. In the buildup to the big countdown, a party popper for each person was put on every table by the staff. As midnight hit, everyone let their poppers off and jumped up and down, shouted/celebrated a bit, as you do. At about 0:02, the staff sprang into action, scooping up all the mess from the floors and tables in a matter of seconds, which was the most Japanese thing I’d ever seen.

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Good news for anyone getting jabbed today, if you have the McDonalds app you can get a Big Mac for 99p. If you’ve had a jab recently or will be getting one, the offer still applies. 

That's an even better deal than keeping the receipt and getting a Big Mac and Fries for £1.99 every time.

Going to have to walk there aren't I?

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That's an even better deal than keeping the receipt and getting a Big Mac and Fries for £1.99 every time.

Going to have to walk there aren't I?

I’m meeting my brother today for the first time in ages. It’s a Riley’s which just so happens to be next door to a McDonalds. 

• Paid Members
On 8/1/2021 at 11:28 AM, wordsfromlee said:

Really grasping a straws here, mate.

E7sptDkXoAEhz3l?format=jpg&name=small

That's a Poe's Law-ism if I ever saw one. Just the overall look, I'm leaning towards that he's taking the piss.

• Paid Members

He’s taking the piss and / or thick as shit as he’s missing a 6 from Z to get a much better looking 666! 

EDIT also R should be 18 anyway, and P is 16, so he’s got a six there too, the whole things fucked and I’ve spent wayyyyy to much time looking at it

Edited by waters44

My girlfriend has her second jab coming up so I’m preparation I ordered a McDonalds on Uber eat. They got her order wrong so I drove there to tell them and ask them to put it right and they replaced the whole order, even though I’d eaten mine before I went!  Well stuffed now!

On 8/2/2021 at 8:55 PM, Keith Houchen said:

My girlfriend has her second jab coming up so I’m preparation I ordered a McDonalds on Uber eat. They got her order wrong so I drove there to tell them and ask them to put it right and they replaced the whole order, even though I’d eaten mine before I went!  Well stuffed now!

It’s well worth the inconvenience since they changed their policy to letting you keep the fucked food.

I’m booked in for jab 1 a week on Saturday. I wasn’t rushing to get mine because I got that sticky icky oooo weee blood that likes to clot easily but I see that Maccies are doing double bbq Quarter Pounder and garlic cheesey bites. God willing they’ll still be on sale a week on Saturday.