Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Got the invite for my second jab but my car died. Can’t go until I can get a new car, bollocks. 

Can you not get a lift off someone? Fair few people on local fb offering lifts (when they're not whinging about new flats or trees being chopped down)

I’m Pfizer’d up. There was an “Emma Thompson” on the waiting board after me, as well as an “Arya Sober”. Big Mac has been consumed and damn it was good. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, hallicks said:

I’m Pfizer’d up. There was an “Emma Thompson” on the waiting board after me, as well as an “Arya Sober”. Big Mac has been consumed and damn it was good. 

One for https://ukff.com/topic/138989-outstanding-names/

• Paid Members

got my invitation to a vaccination today, Frustratingly the nearest centre it can offer me is miles away, whereas the other half set hers up just round the corner. 

• Moderators

Second moderna jab for me today, terrible planning on my part though. A 12pm time, meaning I'm spending my own lunchtime doing this, with a meeting at 1pm so I have to head immediately home. Also on a Friday so I'm expecting my weekend to be spent with me feeling like shit recovering just in time to get back to work on Monday :(

• Paid Members

I've had a delayed reaction to mine yesterday, had the shakes this afternoon. Not too bad, but badly timed considering I bought a chocolate fudge pudding from the Co-Op for my healthy eating cheat day.

Got a Pfizer jab about 45 mins ago. Absolutely painless jab, almost sensation-less, to the point that I was paranoid that they had just pretended to do it. But my arm feels weird now, so I believe they did. Sat in McDonald's now eating a fat boy lunch.

Got my first Pfizer jab this morning and happy to report no side effects as of yet, besides wolfing  down 4 Tesco ring donuts and a pot of tae when I got back home. Date for 2nd jab next  month too. Delighted. Nurse also laughed at my crap 'no sign of Bill Gates knocking about outside' quip that I'm sure she's heard 1000 times before at this stage too,

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Got a Pfizer jab about 45 mins ago. Absolutely painless jab, almost sensation-less, to the point that I was paranoid that they had just pretended to do it. But my arm feels weird now, so I believe they did. Sat in McDonald's now eating a fat boy lunch.

Same! Honestly didn't believe they'd done it. Sore arm for a few days after but that's it so far.

• Paid Members

I had a bit of a worry: when I booked my appointments on the NHS website, it gave me the option to book my second, which I did - first on May 5th, second on July 21st, on the understanding I'd be getting either Pfizer or AZ, and this would be around the optimum spacing period between doses.

When I got the Moderna jab, I was surprised, but nobody mentioned anything else, so figured I was on course to be sorted. Then, yesterday, someone told me that the optimum gap for Moderna was between 28 and 42 days. 

In a bit of a panic, I called up 119, and when I eventually got through, the guy at the other end told me that current advice was between 63 days and 72 for anyone under 50. I'm sort of reassured, but at the same time, still not quite, as the NHS website's advice is still listing the 42-day space as maximum.

Has anyone heard anything else?