Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

I know a friend of my brother in law that is full on like those guys, has an Instagram page with a few thousand followers (onto his 4th page now as the others have been deleted for misinformation etc). He goes to these meet-ups in London and has been doing the same thing recently, serving whatever these papers are. He also does the posh/ respectful speak when shouting about.

He shared a video he was in a few months back where he was following Jon Snow into the tv offices, started out ‘I respect you sir, but you are being complicit in all of this etc’ before he finishes it by calling him a rat c**t as he left.

I don't mind the fruit loops so much. I can understand them. They're scared little men (or at least, most of them seem to be men) looking for easy answers. "There's no Covid" is just like "stop all the immigrants and our country will be fine" in its simplistic cowardice. 

It's the otherwise rational people that look to other way to it all that scare me.

The other day I was talking to my (soon to be ex) boss about how the business was already being affected by flus and Covid. He said "I'm fed up with hearing about Covid  everyone's going to get it anyway" and "as long as people are like him they'll be fine." He runs a service used by elderly and vulnerable people. He's also the same chap that came in with Covid symptoms to argue with my staff that they needed to be more available to cover the gaps in other branches caused by (you guessed it) sickness and vacancies. He then tested positive and my staff had to isolate for 10 days. 

Its those cretins who piss me off. They know its real, know its killing people and ultimately don't care.

• Paid Members

Most of these people aren’t scared. Most fall into one of two camps. Those that can use this as a money making scheme and those who just believe any old shit. For over a year an ex mate of mine has been making videos and set up paypal and buy me a coffee to help him keep presenting the truth. He also successfully got to France and Disneyland Paris last week without Vax or wearing a mask. According to him anyway. He half believes what he says, but it’s also keeping him earning money while claiming his disability allowance and council house, despite slagging of the NHS and Council as often as he could.

Tosser.

29 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Most of these people aren’t scared. Most fall into one of two camps. Those that can use this as a money making scheme and those who just believe any old shit. For over a year an ex mate of mine has been making videos and set up paypal and buy me a coffee to help him keep presenting the truth. He also successfully got to France and Disneyland Paris last week without Vax or wearing a mask. According to him anyway. He half believes what he says, but it’s also keeping him earning money while claiming his disability allowance and council house, despite slagging of the NHS and Council as often as he could.

Tosser.

This is a good point. There are a lot of people who have built quite a following in the last couple of years based on being all "I will not comply" all the way to "the virus is shooting at us!" and you can kind of see some of them starting to get slightly antsy about what'll happen when we aren't all living under forever lockdowns, with the army patrolling the streets and everything else they've insisted is in the pipeline. I've seen "a source tells me (crazy bollocks)" a lot lately.

16 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

There’s something so painfully childish about twats like this, with their “legally binding” documents. It’s like a 6-year-old filling an old lemonade bottle with water and rose petals and genuinely believing they’ve made something comparable to Mummy’s Chanel.

It’s all playground stuff, and their attempt to sound intelligent does a wonderful job of adding to the overall presentation of being a bunch of absolute shitters.

I always think they end up sounding like that bearded guy in the Matrix sequel.

"Ergo, ipso facto, we have decreed that upon thee we bestow the antidisestablishmentarianism of the populous, anos domini, audere est facere"

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The best ones are the ones who have “recently refamiliarised themselves” with the Nuremberg Code. Yeah, cos they’d definitely read it beforehand.

I bet at least one of them has phoned in to LBC 

It’s not that uncommon, like all companies, it was made compulsory reading when The Pope took over at my place. 

Yesterday I learned that the Nuremberg Code was brought in after the First World War and not the trials. 

• Paid Members

Feel sorry for the poor sods who had to deal with those cretins in person. They probably had to decontaminate themselves of all the radiation from that much Dunning-Kruger Effect.

(Dunning-Kruger Effect would be a great name for a Raven-like DDT finisher, as it probably is like having been dropped on your head.)

The Guardian had a report that the government, if we reach 600 deaths a day, will consider instituting a lockdown only for the unvaccinated.

I am sure that will result in lots of calm and rational discussion.

Edit: as @Tamura has pointed out below, I had this entirely wrong.

Edited by 69MeDon

2 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

The Guardian had a report that the government, if we reach 600 deaths a day, will consider instituting a lockdown only for the unvaccinated.

I am sure that will result in lots of calm and rational discussion.

This is a prime example why anyone making such a claim should post a link to their source too. After much struggling to find any trace of such a story, it turns out it's the Austrian government that is planning a lockdown for the unvaccinated if people with COVID-19 in intensive care reaches 600.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/23/austrian-chancellor-says-unvaccinated-may-face-restrictions-if-covid-cases-rise

Edited by Tamura
Worse than I thought

3 minutes ago, Tamura said:

This is a prime example why anyone making such a claim should post a link to their source too. After much struggling to find any trace of such a story, it turns out it's the Austrian government that is planning a lockdown for the unvaccinated if people with COVID-19 in intensive care reaches 600.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/23/austrian-chancellor-says-unvaccinated-may-face-restrictions-if-covid-cases-rise

That is indeed my bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Curses, double positive lateral flow this morning. I was at Hard Rock Hell this weekend so I assume I got it from the fat sweaty rockers but I've also been bowling and one of my kids school has several cases. Going to get a PCR in s minute. I just feel like I've got a nasty cold at the moment though. Double vaxxed so shouldn't have it too bad I guess.

Still, it is what it is.

• Paid Members

Triple vaxxed and proper happy. Add that to this week being (finally) discharged as an out patient from respiratory after my March near death covid and its been a good week. Which led my wife to telling me that when I was in hospital and the doctor told her 'there's a chance, but don't count on it' (paraphrasing as I forget the wording) about my survival.