Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Had my booster just now. Rather than my local GP surgery I've been booked in at a community centre near where I lived when I first moved to Manchester. Rather disappointingly the takeaway across the road where we used to be able to get a donner wrap for a quid isn't open, but Mrs Jazzy and I are meeting friends for a McDonald's later. Hopefully within the prescribed window. 

Both my mum and wife have had their boosters now so that's a nice relief.

I'm still living with the constant stress of 2 of the kids being at school and potentially bringing something back. It's just all starting to feel a bit helpless again.

I'm still working from home and feel pretty 'safe' although that's not how I want to live forever.

Starting to worry the next few months might be pretty bleak. My area is now the highest in the country apparently so that's adding to the stress. I deliberately don't read/watch the news much now as it just all gets a bit much.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm still living with the constant stress of 2 of the kids being at school and potentially bringing something back. It's just all starting to feel a bit helpless again.

It’s horrible it constantly being on your mind. We’re just a couple weeks out from our oldest having been riddled with it. Was told her brother was fine to still go to school but we kept him off because I’m not 100% in agreement with it as neither of them are of age to have been vaccinated.  Living in the same house could have lead to him spreading it throughout his class. 

Luckily her symptoms were only bad for a couple days. But she’s got a lingering cough but other than that she’s a-ok. 

We were wrong though. No one else in the house over the infectious period or since tested positive. 

Edited by Bettencourt

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Both my mum and wife have had their boosters now so that's a nice relief.

I'm still working from home and feel pretty 'safe' although that's not how I want to live forever.

Starting to worry the next few months might be pretty bleak. My area is now the highest in the country apparently so that's adding to the stress. I deliberately don't read/watch the news much now as it just all gets a bit much.

I wouldn't worry too much about areas being highest/lowest in the country. It is worrying but most areas will find themselves really high and really low in those 'tables'. As an example Harlow was very low at the start, but spent time at the top and in the top 10 for a couple of weeks. After that it dropped down fairly quickly to be below 200 in the LA table, and since yo-yo's. As for the news, you really only need to know what you need to know, enough to keep yourself and your family safe. My sister was almost on the verge of breakdown in April/May 2020 and I told her to stop watching the news, as long as she could keep her, her boyfriend and the kids safe that's all she needs to know.

I assume there are going to be some areas that are more likely to have increased transmission, especially those bloody students (sarcasm) going out enjoying themselves. 

I've been going back to work recently and the lack of mask wearing is quite depressing. It's more annoying when it is a condition of travel, I wonder if I can get away with not buying a ticket? :) . Because it's been such a shit show from our 'leaders' a large majority of the population now do not seem to care a jot.

I seem to recall Johnson's advice after the end of restrictions in July was something like "continue to wear a mask if you can" or something equally wishy-washy. The government's current published advice on the subject is here and says

We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet

A rather unscientific sampling of the several different supermarkets I use at several different times of the week shows about 90% of the people don't bother wearing a mask. I really don't understand why, since given the significant number of people that visit the supermarkets every day they are the last possible place I'd want to visit without a mask on. The chief executive of the NHS Confederation today called for the government to implement the back-up strategy which includes the mandatory wearing of masks in public spaces, the Tory business secretary has dismissed the suggestion like it was a return to the dark days of the first lockdown. As usual, the Tories will ignore doctors and scientists and delay introducing anything until it's too late, you only have to look at the study that said an additional 20,000 people died because of a one week delay going into lockdown. The economy isn't going to suffer in the slightest if Johnson goes on TV tonight and says "Face masks in shops are once again mandatory" is it?

13 minutes ago, Tamura said:

A rather unscientific sampling of the several different supermarkets I use at several different times of the week shows about 90% of the people don't bother wearing a mask. I really don't understand why

I mean there were enough people failing to wear masks when it was mandatory so it's really not that surprising that no one's wearing one now when they don't have to. Government couldn't give a shit at this point .. or ever.

Just now, King Coconut said:

"You are legally binded..." 

I really wish the woman had let him pile all the envelopes into her arms with his nonsense explanations and then just let them all drop into a rubbish bin right in front of them and all the dipshits watching on Facebook Live.

5 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I really wish the woman had let him pile all the envelopes into her arms with his nonsense explanations and then just let them all drop into a rubbish bin right in front of them and all the dipshits watching on Facebook Live.

But then she’d be up in front of the pope for a disciplinary. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

She should have just fed them into a shredder before their very eyes. 

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

But then she’d be up in front of the pope for a disciplinary. 

"Sorry I worked during the pandemic John-Paul"

"YOU ADDRESS ME BY MY PROPER TITLE YOU LITTLE BOLLIX"

I think I hate those type of 'faux-nice/trying to be articulate' cunts more than the rioty ones that go on anti lockdown marches, as it's just so fucking cringey. What on earth do they actually think is going to happen? The Pope will take them to The Hague?

@MrDanger If you come across those on your deliveries, bin them please mate.

Apparently these are the same twats who served these papers on Jeremy Vine for his role in the propaganda, he wasn’t in but his wife was. The original vid gave away his house number and his street. It’s like when Icke named Boxcar Willie as one of the main players of the Illuminati.