Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My mum's in Blackburn and they've got a vaccination bus that goes around. Presumably they're not in motion while they're vaccinating otherwise there'd be more than a few dissatisfied customers, especially given the state of some of the roads round there. 

Might end getting both jabs in the same visit though.

Just had my second jab. Sadly, I forgot about about the jabs this morning and prepped for our evening meal so no take away today. Will have to save my Burger King vegan Royale for another day (probably tomorrow if I'm feeling rotten).

Got my first dose of the Fizzer yesterday. Fizzed it right into my arms, they did. 

No side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm, which I'm thankful for. Also very pleased with how seamless the whole process was here in the Czech Republic. Easy to book, no queues, all running like clockwork. 

Next dose is in about five weeks, after which I am going on a fucking holiday. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

Got my first dose of the Fizzer yesterday. Fizzed it right into my arms, they did. 

No side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm, which I'm thankful for. Also very pleased with how seamless the whole process was here in the Czech Republic. Easy to book, no queues, all running like clockwork. 

Next dose is in about five weeks, after which I am going on a fucking holiday. 

Did you have a McDonaldsov?

• Paid Members

had my first Pfizer jab today. Barely felt it going in (fnarr fnarr) - feeling a little bit muggy, but that could just as easily be the heat and hayfever as anything else, no real pain in my arm.

No takeaway yet, though. Going to try and convince the other half on that count. 

• Paid Members

I just tried to rebook my second appointment online, as it's scheduled for somewhere miles away, whereas the first one was just around the corner. 

Going to the "manage my booking" bit of the NHS website, it just tried to make me book two new appointments, so I gave up halfway through. About half an hour later I got a text telling me that I had cancelled my second booking.

Now when I go on to try and rebook, it says that if you've already had your first that you only need to book the second, but gives me no means to do that. I don't know if it's because there's some process that they haven't gone through yet to recognise that I've had my first, or if the system just won't allow you to only book one appointment even though it tells you to.

I'll try again later/tomorrow to see if it works any better, but has anyone else had this?

• Moderators

I was contacted by text for my first shot and at the time wasn't given any date for my second. I went online to book my second myself some weeks later and went through the whole booking process without anything on screen indicating whether I was booking a first or second shot, but when I got to the end it told me that it had confirmed my booking for my second shot.

Not sure if or how this information is at all useful..

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I was contacted by text for my first shot and at the time wasn't given any date for my second. I went online to book my second myself some weeks later and went through the whole booking process without anything on screen indicating whether I was booking a first or second shot, but when I got to the end it told me that it had confirmed my booking for my second shot.

Not sure if or how this information is at all useful..

hopefully that is useful, as I'm assuming that means there's some way it recognises when you've had your first shot - maybe they're batch processed later in the day, and I've tried to rebook too soon after my shot or something. 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I just tried to rebook my second appointment online, as it's scheduled for somewhere miles away, whereas the first one was just around the corner. 

Going to the "manage my booking" bit of the NHS website, it just tried to make me book two new appointments, so I gave up halfway through. About half an hour later I got a text telling me that I had cancelled my second booking.

Now when I go on to try and rebook, it says that if you've already had your first that you only need to book the second, but gives me no means to do that. I don't know if it's because there's some process that they haven't gone through yet to recognise that I've had my first, or if the system just won't allow you to only book one appointment even though it tells you to.

I'll try again later/tomorrow to see if it works any better, but has anyone else had this?

I am in the same situation. Had my first jab last week and was due to have my second at a different location miles away (was the only option when I was booking).

I've now tried to cancel/change it but ended up not being able to book just a single appointment. 

I'd be interested to hear if it gets sorted for you at all. I'm leaving it for a week or two hoping the system will update.