Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Got a Pfizer jab about 45 mins ago. Absolutely painless jab, almost sensation-less, to the point that I was paranoid that they had just pretended to do it. But my arm feels weird now, so I believe they did. Sat in McDonald's now eating a fat boy lunch.

Got my first Pfizer jab this morning and happy to report no side effects as of yet, besides wolfing  down 4 Tesco ring donuts and a pot of tae when I got back home. Date for 2nd jab next  month too. Delighted. Nurse also laughed at my crap 'no sign of Bill Gates knocking about outside' quip that I'm sure she's heard 1000 times before at this stage too,

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Got a Pfizer jab about 45 mins ago. Absolutely painless jab, almost sensation-less, to the point that I was paranoid that they had just pretended to do it. But my arm feels weird now, so I believe they did. Sat in McDonald's now eating a fat boy lunch.

Same! Honestly didn't believe they'd done it. Sore arm for a few days after but that's it so far.

• Paid Members

I had a bit of a worry: when I booked my appointments on the NHS website, it gave me the option to book my second, which I did - first on May 5th, second on July 21st, on the understanding I'd be getting either Pfizer or AZ, and this would be around the optimum spacing period between doses.

When I got the Moderna jab, I was surprised, but nobody mentioned anything else, so figured I was on course to be sorted. Then, yesterday, someone told me that the optimum gap for Moderna was between 28 and 42 days. 

In a bit of a panic, I called up 119, and when I eventually got through, the guy at the other end told me that current advice was between 63 days and 72 for anyone under 50. I'm sort of reassured, but at the same time, still not quite, as the NHS website's advice is still listing the 42-day space as maximum.

Has anyone heard anything else?

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Chili said:

Still not heard anything about getting the first one. My socials are filled with people posting their cards. Made me slightly sad for reasons my meds probably caused. 

Have you tried booking on the NHS app? That's how I did it. 

I was supposed to get my second jab on Sunday, but I have had a horrendous week. On Monday morning at 4am my youngest started screaming for a feed. I scooped him up from the cot and made my way to the landing and trod on the dog. I desperately rearranged my feet and stood on the bastard mutt again which caused me to go arse over tit and did a flat back bump on laminate flooring whilst cradling the baby.

I managed to get up after 5 minutes very gingerly and decided I better get checked out at the hospital. After a brief prod I was chucked some Naproxen and off I fucked. On Tuesday afternoon the baby started balling it's eyes out and I went to pick him up out of the Moses basket. I got him up about six inches off the mattress and then the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life jolted throughout my body. I dropped the baby and thankfully he landed safely back in the basket. I ended up in an uncomfortable position on the sofa.

Writhing in pain it soon became apparent that I was not going to get up unaided. My parents came round and did everything in their power to get me up to no avail. I called for an ambulance and was initially fobbed off to ring the hospital who then told me you definitely need an ambulance. The paramedics arrived promptly and pumped me full of Morphine and gas & air which allowed me to roll off the sofa and shepherd into the ambulance.

I was x-rayed that night and had an MRI on Wednesday which showed I have suffered a prolapsed disc and spinal stenosis. I have been in bed ever since, only managing to sit on the side of the bed twice. All attempts to mobilize me have failed so far, and my right leg is so weak I can't raise it above 1cm.

I've tentatively rearranged my jab for next week, but I am not counting any chickens, I just hope I can walk again sooner rather than later.

8 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Everybody getting the good shit now I feel like I got mugged off with the AZ.

Same here! I'm hoping our subpar coverage won't matter because most other people will have had more effective ones.

Bloody hell @Glenryck Pilchardsthat sounds awful, I hope you make a quick recovery.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Same here! I'm hoping our subpar coverage won't matter because most other people will have had more effective ones.

In fairness, the most frequent thing people point out to me whenever percentages are mentioned is that the most important stat to remember is that vaccination reduces hospitalisations and deaths to near 0%, so the coverage is a secondary concern, really.

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, Chili said:

Still not heard anything about getting the first one. My socials are filled with people posting their cards. Made me slightly sad for reasons my meds probably caused. 

Same here - it’s not just you!

@Glenryck Pilchardshope you have a speedy recovery