Paid Members waters44 Posted May 22, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 22, 2021 I saw on the news that 32 and 33 year olds can get jabbed now. I googled “book my covid jab” and followed the link on the NHS website. I was in a queue for about two mins before getting booked in at Basingstoke Fire Station Vaccine Centre next Friday night which has a McDonalds over the road! Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted May 22, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 22, 2021 10 hours ago, Carbomb said: In fairness, the most frequent thing people point out to me whenever percentages are mentioned is that the most important stat to remember is that vaccination reduces hospitalisations and deaths to near 0%, so the coverage is a secondary concern, really. Also it's quite intuitive to hear "76% effective" and think "I've still got a 24% chance of getting COVID." In fact, it means the risk is reduced by 76% from whatever it would be if you weren't vaccinated. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 22, 2021 Members Posted May 22, 2021 12 minutes ago, JNLister said: Also it's quite intuitive to hear "76% effective" and think "I've still got a 24% chance of getting COVID." In fact, it means the risk is reduced by 76% from whatever it would be if you weren't vaccinated. The numbers dont lie and they spell disaster for you at Vaxrifice. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 22, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 22, 2021 12 hours ago, gmoney said: Have you tried booking on the NHS app? That's how I did it. This is how I got my second one after I had to cancel my previous appointment. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 22, 2021 Posted May 22, 2021 (edited) Got my letter this morning. Booked in for first dose in two weeks time. Already scoped out the local takeaways. McDonald’s just down the road, or there’s a KFC a further minutes drive away. Might leave to the let the minute hand decide on the day Edited May 22, 2021 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 22, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 22, 2021 53 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: McDonald’s just down the road, or there’s a KFC a further minutes drive away I’ve got this problem for Wednesday when I go to get my second jab. McDonald’s is a 5 minute walk. And kfc is a 3 minute walk. I had McDonalds after the first one so maybe I should go see the colonel this time round. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 22, 2021 Posted May 22, 2021 5 hours ago, JNLister said: Also it's quite intuitive to hear "76% effective" and think "I've still got a 24% chance of getting COVID." In fact, it means the risk is reduced by 76% from whatever it would be if you weren't vaccinated. The first time I got tuberculosis, I got a home visit and asked the nurse how I got it even though I’d had the BCG. She said that it was 70% effective and that 70% is better than 0%. She also said that even if you’re in the 30% it’s highly unlikely that you will get it. I’ve had the fucker twice now so I was convinced I’d get Covid. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 22, 2021 Moderators Posted May 22, 2021 4 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: I’ve got this problem for Wednesday when I go to get my second jab. McDonald’s is a 5 minute walk. And kfc is a 3 minute walk. I had McDonalds after the first one so maybe I should go see the colonel this time round. I don't see why you can't go to both... Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 22, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 22, 2021 6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: I don't see why you can't go to both... Ah, the Don Frye principle. Quote
Paid Members GlennCullen Posted May 23, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2021 On 5/22/2021 at 9:34 AM, waters44 said: I saw on the news that 32 and 33 year olds can get jabbed now. I googled “book my covid jab” and followed the link on the NHS website. I was in a queue for about two mins before getting booked in at Basingstoke Fire Station Vaccine Centre next Friday night which has a McDonalds over the road! Despite there being two centres within a 5 minute drive of me, the website is saying the nearest is 35 miles away. Tempted to do it and hit up every McDonalds on the way to be honest. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted May 23, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2021 1 hour ago, KJHenley said: Despite there being two centres within a 5 minute drive of me, the website is saying the nearest is 35 miles away. Tempted to do it and hit up every McDonalds on the way to be honest. Just keep checking back. Mine wanted to send me a couple of hours away, checked a couple of hours later and was able to book for 5 minutes away. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 25, 2021 Members Posted May 25, 2021 Went with my ex to get her dose, and said I'd wait outside. "Where will you be?" "....around" She opted for a Subway instead. Quote
Guy Bifkin Posted May 25, 2021 Posted May 25, 2021 Got my second jab brought forward a couple of weeks and at my local centre. It's definitely worth being proactive and checking back with the NHS site if you are in a rush to get it sorted or have an appointment at a venue miles away. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted May 25, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 25, 2021 Got my second jab tomorrow. Getting really anxious now. Not about the jab, about where I'm going to eat afterwards. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.