Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

I saw on the news that 32 and 33 year olds can get jabbed now. I googled “book my covid jab” and followed the link on the NHS website. I was in a queue for about two mins before getting booked in at Basingstoke Fire Station Vaccine Centre next Friday night which has a McDonalds over the road! 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Carbomb said:

In fairness, the most frequent thing people point out to me whenever percentages are mentioned is that the most important stat to remember is that vaccination reduces hospitalisations and deaths to near 0%, so the coverage is a secondary concern, really.

Also it's quite intuitive to hear "76% effective" and think "I've still got a 24% chance of getting COVID." 

In fact, it means the risk is reduced by 76% from whatever it would be if you weren't vaccinated. 

12 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Also it's quite intuitive to hear "76% effective" and think "I've still got a 24% chance of getting COVID." 

In fact, it means the risk is reduced by 76% from whatever it would be if you weren't vaccinated. 

The numbers dont lie and they spell disaster for you at Vaxrifice.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, gmoney said:

Have you tried booking on the NHS app? That's how I did it. 

This is how I got my second one after I had to cancel my previous appointment.

Got my letter this morning.

Booked in for first dose in  two weeks time. Already scoped out the local takeaways. McDonald’s just down the road, or there’s a KFC a further minutes drive away. Might leave to the let the minute hand decide on the day

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

McDonald’s just down the road, or there’s a KFC a further minutes drive away

I’ve got this problem for Wednesday when I go to get my second jab. McDonald’s is a 5 minute walk. And kfc is a 3 minute walk. I had McDonalds after the first one so maybe I should go see the colonel this time round. 

5 hours ago, JNLister said:

The first time I got tuberculosis, I got a home visit and asked the nurse how I got it even though I’d had the BCG. She said that it was 70% effective and that 70% is better than 0%. She also said that even if you’re in the 30% it’s highly unlikely that you will get it. I’ve had the fucker twice now so I was convinced I’d get Covid. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

I’ve got this problem for Wednesday when I go to get my second jab. McDonald’s is a 5 minute walk. And kfc is a 3 minute walk. I had McDonalds after the first one so maybe I should go see the colonel this time round. 

I don't see why you can't go to both... 

• Paid Members
On 5/22/2021 at 9:34 AM, waters44 said:

I saw on the news that 32 and 33 year olds can get jabbed now. I googled “book my covid jab” and followed the link on the NHS website. I was in a queue for about two mins before getting booked in at Basingstoke Fire Station Vaccine Centre next Friday night which has a McDonalds over the road! 

Despite there being two centres within a 5 minute drive of me, the website is saying the nearest is 35 miles away. Tempted to do it and hit up every McDonalds on the way to be honest.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, KJHenley said:

Despite there being two centres within a 5 minute drive of me, the website is saying the nearest is 35 miles away. Tempted to do it and hit up every McDonalds on the way to be honest.

Just keep checking back. Mine wanted to send me a couple of hours away, checked a couple of hours later and was able to book for 5 minutes away.