Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Very strange that all social contact limitations will be off except possibly on weddings. No idea what that's all about. How can you open night clubs but not have a normal wedding?

Ā 

That infographic is slightly misleading. The full plan (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/963491/COVID-19_Response_-_Spring_2021.pdf) treats them the same way. Specifically:

* Nightclubs reopen.

* Large events (sport/theatre) no longer have limits on numbers.

* Weddings, funerals and christenings no longer have limits on numbers.

* Big conferences.

Unlike everything else which is subject to the general "as long as the vaccines are working and cases under control", these four are all specifically subject to the outcome of a review/research into how you can do big social events (including indoors) safely. This could involveĀ testing and/or reduced social distancing rather than removing it completely.

Something I've just picked up on which I can't understand for 1 second........
On may 17th.......
1,000 people are allowed into indoor sports venues (I'm guessing also Live music venues are clumped into that one also)
4,000 people are allowed into outdoor sports venuesĀ 
But this is the one that has fucking blown me away
10,000 people are allowed into Wembley.........Why just Wembley? Why not all large indoor arenas.......

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

On may 17th.......
1,000 people are allowed into indoor sports venues (I'm guessing also Live music venues are clumped into that one also)
10,000 people are allowed into Wembley.........Why just Wembley? Why not all large indoor arenas.......

Why, you planning a karaoke show at the AO Arena?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Maybe because they've done specific work around security protocols / how to accommodate safely for Wembley but haven't done that for other arenas..?

Or just sending covid tests as part of the ticket price and checking people in the car on the way in. Won't take long.

2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Maybe because they've done specific work around security protocols / how to accommodate safely for Wembley but haven't done that for other arenas..?

I was presuming that it was Wembley chosen as some connection to Football or sports related as that seems to be the be all and end all and number 1 priority to everyone where as the entire music industry isn't even considered or given a thought when it comes to this shit.Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Why, you planning a karaoke show at the AO Arena?

Genuinely Fuck off. All I want more than anything is to be able to attend a live show the 1 thing that keeps me well and happy with regards to my mental health and wellbeing. Normally I would just shrug off your cuntish comments but I'm not in the mood so fucking do 1Ā 

• Paid Members

It's not just Wembley. That's just media reports giving an example.

The limit for outdoor from stage 3 is whichever is lower, 4,000 or 50% of capacity. There's then a "special provision" for very large events, with the limit at whichever is lower, 10,000 or 25% capacity.Ā 

So in practice, the limits will be as follows:

Capacity of up to 8,000: Limit of 50% capacity
Capacity of 8,000-16,000: Limit of 4,000
Capacity of 16,000-40,000: Limit of 25% capacity
Capacity above 40,000: Limit of 10,000

The logic seems to be a combination of how well spaced out fans can be seated but also how much risk there is of people crowding in the hallways/approaching the ground/at the local train station.
Ā 

I took that to mean large stadium Wembley. A hint towards the back up plan of holding the Euros over here rather than everywhere across Europe and get someĀ fans in, as well with the "outdoor sports venues" being more at the angle of horse racing, golf and so on. With the timing probablyĀ Wimbledon too.

Ā 

As he so often does, Lister with a much better explanation!

Edited by lanky316

9 minutes ago, JNLister said:

It's not just Wembley. That's just media reports giving an example.

The limit for outdoor from stage 3 is whichever is lower, 4,000 or 50% of capacity. There's then a "special provision" for very large events, with the limit at whichever is lower, 10,000 or 25% capacity.Ā 

So in practice, the limits will be as follows:

Capacity of up to 8,000: Limit of 50% capacity
Capacity of 8,000-16,000: Limit of 4,000
Capacity of 16,000-40,000: Limit of 25% capacity
Capacity above 40,000: Limit of 10,000

The logic seems to be a combination of how well spaced out fans can be seated but also how much risk there is of people crowding in the hallways/approaching the ground/at the local train station.
Ā 

That's a perfect explanation Thank you for that dude. Hopefully it does mean all venues and crossed fingers and touched wood in the next few months things can start up again and I can actually attend a live show.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

On may 17th.......

Live music appears to be part of the "Hospitality" section on June 21st. Probably the same bollocks about how a concert audience is more likely to spread aerosols by singing along, whereas football audiences are noted for their quiet reserve.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

On may 17th.......

Because Wembley is outdoors so air can circulate and about 4 times larger than the largest indoor arena. It's not the biggest thinker.

• Paid Members

Part of the confusion with Wembley may be that it's been rumoured/suggested as one of the venues where they'll do a test of how you can safely run a big event with no social distancing. The supposed plan is that if the Euros go ahead, then at one of the Wembley games they'll have a capacity crowd (as a permitted exception to the rules at the time) but with everyone having to show a negative test or a vaccination record.

It would be as much a test of "can you process all this admin without people queuing all day" as "if there's 80,000 people and somebody with COVID gets in, does it spread."