Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Good bit on explaining vaccine effectiveness maths here: https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-explained.html

tl;dr: 95% effective doesn't mean 5% of vaccinated people will get COVID. It means the chances of getting COVID are 95% lower if you have the vaccine than if you don't.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If you really want to be scared, close your eyes when playing it. Now you know how those women he sexually assaulted feel. 

What an absolutely awful prick. I can almost smell him as well (I was in the process of editing this  @Keith Houchen when you replied)

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

I was sent a text from the NHS last week so have managed to book my second vaccinination for 18th March.

There have always been pandemic plans and protocols as MD in Private Eye has commented upon but it is inspiring to see. This despite the Daily Mail savaging and perceived issues, real or not, at any given opportunity.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Erm unless your asthma is really bad your not getting the vaccine..

My asthma is well-managed and I got sent my invite on Friday and booked it yesterday.

I've been looking online but can't find any information ; does anyone know if EU citizens granted Settled Status will eventually be offered the vaccine once they've finished those of us with "underlying medical conditions"? Mrs raid is frettintg that she'll never get it.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

I was sent a text from the NHS last week so have managed to book my second vaccinination for 18th March.

Are the NHS using a different system in different parts of the country? I just ask because when I used the NHS to book my mums jab you had to book both vaccinations at the same time.