The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Did I miss something?  Why are people talking about the possibility of Fury actually doing a wrestling match?  Fury is pretty much the best heavyweight boxer in the world, who's got a rematch with Wilder presumably upcoming, and is now capable of drawing serious money on PPV.  Why the fuck would he even consider getting involved with WWE?  

Cain Velasquez has the worst physique I've seen on wrestling telly since Braden Walker.  Zero interest in anything involving him.  What a fucking odd direction for Smackdown to take.  WWE has a massive stacked roster, and they're going for the worked shoot match thing?

It was alright, had a fair few memorable moments but the pacing is always bit off on these shows when they try to fit everyone on. The Kofi reign ending like that was shit though. 

Lesnar/Velasquez and Strowman/Fury are going to be good special attractions if and when they happen. 

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Loki said:

Did I miss something?  Why are people talking about the possibility of Fury actually doing a wrestling match?  Fury is pretty much the best heavyweight boxer in the world, who's got a rematch with Wilder presumably upcoming, and is now capable of drawing serious money on PPV.  Why the fuck would he even consider getting involved with WWE?  

Cain Velasquez has the worst physique I've seen on wrestling telly since Braden Walker.  Zero interest in anything involving him.  What a fucking odd direction for Smackdown to take.  WWE has a massive stacked roster, and they're going for the worked shoot match thing?

For Money, probably Saudi Money.

as for both him and Cain, surely this is part of the “Fox this is Sports” angle that are hoping for

• Awards Moderator

Watched the highlights of this on YouTube, which is already more interest than I show Smackers most weeks. Wonderful having The Rock back and he was used well - Becky was the most charismatic and starry I’ve seen her in ages in the presence of Rock’s greatness.

The Velasquez thing was intriguing and I don’t doubt he’d destroy his opponents but he definitely needs to put a top on. Otis has got the ‘gut hanging over bottom half of clothes’ gimmick covered right now.

Kofimania had run its course but I didn’t think the end was too bad. He tried to just go for it, got caught, and when you get caught by Brock, you’re done. Made sense - and I still want to see how Kofi might bounce back from the loss.

• Awards Moderator
21 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Fuckin UFC Smackdown.

Had to Google who both Cain Velasquez and Tyson Fury were. So glad WWE is now a real combat sport and not that silly dramatic rubbish. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Had to Google who both Cain Velasquez and Tyson Fury were. So glad WWE is now a real combat sport and not that silly dramatic rubbish. 

I appreciate the point here, but Velasquez was one of the biggest stars in UFC over the past decade and actually beat up Brock Lesnar, so there's history between them. Lesnar the WWE champ and Lesnar the UFC fighter are the same character on the show.

Tyson Fury is also one of the biggest names in his sport right now, he's nowhere near Mike Tyson level famous, but he's a big star. I doubt many wrestling fans were making the same complaint when Stone Cold and Iron Mike had their moment. 

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I appreciate the point here, but Velasquez was one of the biggest stars in UFC over the past decade and actually beat up Brock Lesnar, so there's history between them. Lesnar the WWE champ and Lesnar the UFC fighter are the same character on the show.

Tyson Fury is also one of the biggest names in his sport right now, he's nowhere near Mike Tyson level famous, but he's a big star. I doubt many wrestling fans were making the same complaint when Cold Stone and Iron Mike had their moment. 

Fixed it for you.