Briefcase Posted October 5, 2019 Posted October 5, 2019 5 hours ago, joe_the_flow said: Fuck WWE and Fuck Brock, my son Jim is crying because Kofi lost. Think of the kids, WWE. They're the main people who love your product. I hope to see Kofi win it again! Little Jimmy! Quote
Loki Posted October 5, 2019 Posted October 5, 2019 Did I miss something? Why are people talking about the possibility of Fury actually doing a wrestling match? Fury is pretty much the best heavyweight boxer in the world, who's got a rematch with Wilder presumably upcoming, and is now capable of drawing serious money on PPV. Why the fuck would he even consider getting involved with WWE? Cain Velasquez has the worst physique I've seen on wrestling telly since Braden Walker. Zero interest in anything involving him. What a fucking odd direction for Smackdown to take. WWE has a massive stacked roster, and they're going for the worked shoot match thing? Quote
AndyUK Posted October 5, 2019 Posted October 5, 2019 (edited) It was alright, had a fair few memorable moments but the pacing is always bit off on these shows when they try to fit everyone on. The Kofi reign ending like that was shit though. Lesnar/Velasquez and Strowman/Fury are going to be good special attractions if and when they happen. Edited October 6, 2019 by AndyUK Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 5, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 5, 2019 12 minutes ago, Loki said: Did I miss something? Why are people talking about the possibility of Fury actually doing a wrestling match? Fury is pretty much the best heavyweight boxer in the world, who's got a rematch with Wilder presumably upcoming, and is now capable of drawing serious money on PPV. Why the fuck would he even consider getting involved with WWE? Cain Velasquez has the worst physique I've seen on wrestling telly since Braden Walker. Zero interest in anything involving him. What a fucking odd direction for Smackdown to take. WWE has a massive stacked roster, and they're going for the worked shoot match thing? For Money, probably Saudi Money. as for both him and Cain, surely this is part of the “Fox this is Sports” angle that are hoping for Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2019 Mayweather worked with WWE less than a year after being in the biggest PPV draw in boxing history, so I don't think it's out of the question that Fury would work with them for that kind of money. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2019 (edited) 6 hours ago, Loki said: Why the fuck would he even consider getting involved with WWE? because him and his kids are fans and its just a bit of fun? Edited October 6, 2019 by Egg Shen Quote
Paid Members ColinBollocks Posted October 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2019 The Wilder fight isn't until February, and that depends how Fury's eye heals in the coming months. Doing wrestling for a few weeks in October, while he heals up, is a good pay day. Potentially opens Fury up to another fan base too. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted October 6, 2019 Awards Moderator Posted October 6, 2019 Watched the highlights of this on YouTube, which is already more interest than I show Smackers most weeks. Wonderful having The Rock back and he was used well - Becky was the most charismatic and starry I’ve seen her in ages in the presence of Rock’s greatness. The Velasquez thing was intriguing and I don’t doubt he’d destroy his opponents but he definitely needs to put a top on. Otis has got the ‘gut hanging over bottom half of clothes’ gimmick covered right now. Kofimania had run its course but I didn’t think the end was too bad. He tried to just go for it, got caught, and when you get caught by Brock, you’re done. Made sense - and I still want to see how Kofi might bounce back from the loss. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted October 6, 2019 Awards Moderator Posted October 6, 2019 (edited) If they don’t bring Brock’s missus into the mix for a Cain and Sable gag, I’ll be raging. Also, Fury’s going to call someone a faggot on live TV, isn’t he? Edited October 6, 2019 by Frankie Crisp Quote
MEGABUCKS Posted October 6, 2019 Posted October 6, 2019 I saw a video with Fury saying he will be on Raw this Monday. So I guess he's also getting a big Saudi paycheck soon Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted October 6, 2019 Posted October 6, 2019 I do think giving Fury a live mic could be... interesting.. Are we going with a wrestling match for Fury or some boxer v wrestler 'exhibition' thing? Quote
Paid Members Fox Piss Posted October 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2019 I was just expecting a couple of tv segments with maybe a gimmicked punch and Fury costing the dosser a match down the line. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted October 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2019 21 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Fuckin UFC Smackdown. Had to Google who both Cain Velasquez and Tyson Fury were. So glad WWE is now a real combat sport and not that silly dramatic rubbish. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted October 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2019 1 hour ago, Onyx2 said: Had to Google who both Cain Velasquez and Tyson Fury were. So glad WWE is now a real combat sport and not that silly dramatic rubbish. I appreciate the point here, but Velasquez was one of the biggest stars in UFC over the past decade and actually beat up Brock Lesnar, so there's history between them. Lesnar the WWE champ and Lesnar the UFC fighter are the same character on the show. Tyson Fury is also one of the biggest names in his sport right now, he's nowhere near Mike Tyson level famous, but he's a big star. I doubt many wrestling fans were making the same complaint when Stone Cold and Iron Mike had their moment. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 6, 2019 Members Posted October 6, 2019 35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said: I appreciate the point here, but Velasquez was one of the biggest stars in UFC over the past decade and actually beat up Brock Lesnar, so there's history between them. Lesnar the WWE champ and Lesnar the UFC fighter are the same character on the show. Tyson Fury is also one of the biggest names in his sport right now, he's nowhere near Mike Tyson level famous, but he's a big star. I doubt many wrestling fans were making the same complaint when Cold Stone and Iron Mike had their moment. Fixed it for you. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.