Jump to content

Frankie Crisp

Awards Moderator
  • Posts

    1,550
  • Joined

Everything posted by Frankie Crisp

  1. The Land of Hope and Dreams tour - Philadelphia show - is up on YouTube for free if anyone wants to experience/relive the recent gigs: Part 1: Part 2: It was the most emotionally-charged gig I’ve ever been to, so being able to watch it back - albeit from a different night - is going to be sound.
  2. Right, I’ve done a tidy up. Not much has changed unless you care about Volkswagens or Breaking Bad, and the Beach Boys nonces can calm down now.
  3. From the previous page, Geofferson: Going to do a clean up later on after me tea (not dinner).
  4. There were so many spelling variations for nearly every free text category, a few things inevitably slipped through. I’ll try to do another clean up.
  5. God bless Tony Hibbert being shite. I can go to bed now.
  6. Just pick Shearer and Aguero then fill the rest of the team with current Spurs players and you’re almost bang on the 442. Got lucky on my first go so now I’m aiming for the exact amount.
  7. In true UKFF tradition, I was having a shite.
  8. Go on then, I've finally got around to this given the anniversary and justified pops at me never seeing this through. Sorry for the delay, shortly after the submission cutoff, work went to shit, my Dad chucked himself down the stairs and your Ma wouldn't stop ringing me. Obviously these results are two years old so quite a bit will be different in terms of demographics, politics, PPVs, preferences and it clearly being breakfast, dinner and tea, but hopefully you'll all enjoy who said what. Have a poke around each tab and enjoy. UKFF Census 2024 Results
  9. I made £790 from the data. Paid for half of Butch’s bar bill, so it went back to the community.
  10. Breaking Bad started 11 years after I left college and I’m now 47. Fuck off, time.
  11. If the fry-ups don’t kill me, the Bears will.
  12. Is this the right thread to stick this in? Dunno. Anyway, a boozer by ours (the only boozer to be in two postcodes), has a wall of people who’ve had a pint in here. It’s absolutely mental. Jimmy Corkhill and Barbra Streisand on the same wall. Sound.
  13. Could be worse.
  14. Hungry (2026) An absolute unit of a hippo terrorises a boatload of tourists in the swamps of Louisiana. Very by-the-numbers but a great laugh and nowhere as naff as I was expecting. Added bonus of Joaquim de Almeida and his fantastic voice in it.
  15. I’m so very sorry to read of your Dad’s passing. You’re most likely in shock based on your post. There’s no handbook on how to navigate it and you’ll feel absolutely helpless and lost in waves, then you’ll go into survival mode as you navigate your way through the arrangements and coming days and weeks. It’s healthy to let your emotions out and try not to bottle it in for the sake of others, so please try to remind yourself that you’re okay to be vulnerable. You’ll find it difficult when arranging the funeral but I would recommend letting the directors take the lead if it takes some of the admin away. And in these immediate days I’d recommend going for walks, as daft and obvious as it may sound. Being cooped up at home or only focusing on the arrangements can be very distressing, so a walk - even if just for 30 mins each day - may help balance your mind a touch. I’d also recommend downloading the Hub of Hope app as it’s an incredible resource that you can use any time. Don’t worry about replying to this and importantly don’t feel obliged to respond to every message you get. It can be extremely overwhelming and whilst people are wanting to be there for you, they’ll understand if you can’t get back to them. Feel free to drop us a message if you’d like to chat but above all else, try to give yourself time each day to process what’s happened. Take care.
  16. If it helps, one of the best men vividly regaled the story of me accidentally getting a grip of Siobhan’s auntie when I first met her family. Idiot. Then. Now. Forever.
  17. Sorry, Chest. Post the goals you love the most but with obvious conditions; one each a day and you can’t post your own team otherwise this’ll just be Bacon posting Harry Kane. Any league, any era. I’ll start.
  18. Because the world is a burning pile of pubes - and to save me from dropping Jimmy into every thread - this is one to flag lunacy and frustration as and when it happens. Dickhead behaviour, nonsensical news stories, interactions you can’t handle, ridiculous experiences; they all count. If it makes you JFC, it’s in. My latest one is trying to book a hotel in London for one night. One night. I want a bed and a good bathroom. This time last year, I was paying no more than ninety quid for a night. My first search results today? One night! Jesus fucking Christ. We could probably include the behaviour of a good chunk of the nation since The Queen snuffed it in this, but let’s start with a line in the sand. If it makes you Jimmy, add it.
  19. Something needs to break the Chippy Tea monopoly on here. So share and rate your big, heart-attack inducing fry-ups as and when you have one. I had a delicious one the other day (Café No. 33 in Norwich), but I was uneasy about it not floating in its own fat, so it only gets a 7 from me. Bacon and sausage hidden underneath the toast. Don’t do the Partridge thing. Too easy.
  20. I know there's a lot of love for Bruce on here - and rightly fucking so - so let's use this for album/song talk, favourites, rarities, gig memories and anything that pops into our heads. I'll probably write essays in here over the coming weeks when the chat gets going, but for now I'll kick the this off with The Springsteen Code, rather than turn Dev's thread into list-o-mania. Nebraska, Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, The River, The Ghost of Tom Joad, The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle, Devils & Dust, Born in the U.S.A., Western Stars, Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J., Letter to You, The Rising, Wrecking Ball, Human Touch, High Hopes, Lucky Town, Magic, We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions, Working on a Dream, Tunnel of Love The top three could be in any order on any given day, but right now Nebraska's King of the Boss (TM @HarmonicGenerator). Oh, and whilst I've had it on a loop for a few weeks, the new album is incredible. The newer stuff about loss, ageing and melancholy is some of his most poignant work but the three songs written back in '73 steal it for me, Jeff. Musically, they fit right in and would have sounded much different if they'd made the cut on the earlier albums, but the character-driven lyrics and cultural references make them sound fresh yet familiar. Janey Needs A Shooter is a masterpiece. And they knocked the whole thing together in a few days, the mad old gets. Anyway, I hereby promise to use this thread and this thread alone to post his songs, rather than clogging up the Song of the Day Thread whenever I've had a drink.
  21. We're going to need a smaller thread. Living in the Material World (2011) Like Butch starting a thread about Wrexham shaggers or Devon about trainers, I might as well kick this off with a Beatles-related thing. Hand on heart, this is one of the best things you could ever wish to watch. Like The Beatles? Bonus. Ambivalent? No problem. Hate them? You'll still like it. Whilst the first part of this is about the group, how they rose to success and how they changed music and society for the better, the majority of the film is about George's post-Beatles life, his personal journey and how he became the kind of human being we'd all love to be*. This isn't about them as a band or their music, this is about a 15-year old joining a band, following his dreams, getting pissed off and then flourishing. Not just as a musician, but as a human being. It's a lovely touch by Scorsese to have George's lad, Dhani, read out the letters his old man sent home to the family when he was fucking about in Hamburg and around the UK during the early years. It's very sweet to know that whilst a young lad was seeing and doing all kinds, he was still considerate enough to get down to the Post Office. These aren't spoilers because it's stuff everyone's aware of, but the bits about the stabbing/Olivia twatting the intruder (who lived in the same block of flats as my Uncle Terry, FYI) are very insightful, but the best/worst part is Dhani and Olivia describing in great detail what it was like when George died. Fucking hell. I lost it in the picturehouse when I watched this the first time and have done so each time I've watched this since. It's beautiful and heartbreaking. Honestly, just watch this and as upsetting as it is, you'll end it with the biggest smile. And it's good for people to hear an actual Scouse accent, rather than the weird, forced one everyone hears on the telly. * It doesn't cover the time he was knocking off Ringo's wife, surprisingly. It's as if the rhetoric has been set in stone. Edit: there's some alright music in it.
×
×
  • Create New...