The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

The ratings were way above what I was expecting TBH

In the Demo it scored a 1.4 for the 1st hour and 1.3 for the 2nd hour 

The next highest show off the night for broadcast TV was Hawaii 5-0 on CBS at 0.7 so Smackdown dominated and won the night by a wide margin 

In fact only Live NFL, The Voice, The Masked Singer, 9-1-1 and an NFL inflated 60 minutes episode did better then Smackdown across the entire week of Broadcast TV.

Fox will be more then happy with those numbers and on a Friday night when lower ratings are the norm.

Of course its going forward which is the real test can they keep the viewers for a regular week without all the bells and whistles but for the 1st show I'd say it hit the higher end of expectations/targets

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I'm a bit perplexed over this Velasquez gig. The chap looks like he was created by Aardman Studios. 

He needs more cheese.

On an aside, I’m sure Fox were expecting 4 million or they could drop the show. That’s averages not if the premier gets less they’ll cancel. I’m sure they will be happy, but not as much as they were hoping for

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

They missed a trick by not shouting 'that's gotta be Cain!'

Seriously though, he looked shit. I'd never have known who he was. The only time I've seen him was when he made Brock dance around that time. Physique isn't intimidating, didn't have an aura about him at all. He's meant to have picked up wrestling pretty well though according to some, so there's that. 

Tyson Fury on the other hand, and coming from  someone that doesn't like the guy, looked like a star in that brief tussle. He pisses charisma out of every orifice. He's made for WWE. Who cares if he isn't any good in ring, WWE have plenty of guys that excel in that department and they're all mostly boring. I don't think Fury knows how to be boring (well, other than his fights...).

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was Dominik with a shaved head coming out with Rey. I thought the knee brace was to sell the attack on Monday, and that they were going with him having 'snapped' and shaved his head and were gonna push him to they main event straight away.