Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

CM Punk was interviewed on the radio recently, talking about The Rock's Smackdown appearance this Friday. Clearly this will never happen, but it would be an awesome way to bring him back, if he is coming back, which he isn't.

 

Quote

 

From The Kevin & Bean Show on 106.7 KROQ FM

"I enjoy The Rock, I do," Punk said of The Rock and his return on Friday. "And I'm not trying to put this out... gee, hopefully people don't do this, but do you remember the last time The Rock was in the Staples Center?"

He continued, "Let's do it again. When is this show, next Friday? Dwayne, call me Friday," Punk joked.

One of the hosts imagined how big it would be if they did a phone call segment like that on SmackDown, but had the camera cut backstage to Punk on his phone, live in the Staples Center for his WWE return.

Punk responded to that fantasy booking and said, "100% better than anything on their shows since I left."

 

 

Posted

They wouldn't do it. But if they wanted to do something really out of the box for the new era, you could have Reigns interrupt Rock's Hobbs & Shaw bollocks with a superman punch to end the show. A heel Reigns driving the brand would certainly get me on board again. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Richard said:

They wouldn't do it. But if they wanted to do something really out of the box for the new era, you could have Reigns interrupt Rock's Hobbs & Shaw bollocks with a superman punch to end the show. A heel Reigns driving the brand would certainly get me on board again. 

They might do it. I don't feel like he's on the level of Cena where they wouldn't ever want to turn him, plus they've got Daniel Bryan heading in the face direction so it's not like they'd have anyone.

Posted

 

On 10/2/2019 at 1:15 PM, DavidB6937 said:

I don't feel like he's on the level of Cena where they wouldn't ever want to turn him

 

John Cena is basically the same age as Hogan was when he turned heel at Bash At The Beach and changed professional wrestling for ever.  Just throwing that out there.

Posted (edited)

In all honesty is there anyway at all that Kofi retains the title cleanly?

Brock should be destroying Kofi and that worries me. Kofi has been an interesting champion and fresh. But do we really want or need Brock as champion? Even on Smackdown. 

I sense a lot of shenanigans will be happening. Possibly with a view to Brock at Survivor Series..... But who had beef enough with Lesnar. Or likes Kofi enough to turn the tables?

Edited by JFFC
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Rey to cost him and a match at Saudi? I previously joked Rock but it could lead to something Mania time seeing as Rocks last real defeat without getting redemption is Lesnar. Maybe even the Cain vs Brock thing that's been bounded about all week as he's a mate of Rey's? 

I really can't see Brock winning tonight. Well maybe it's more I don't want too more than anything. 

What's Big Dave up too? They always played up on screen him and Mysterio were like brothers. Him vs Brock in Saudi? 

Edited by Shy Dad
  • Paid Members
Posted
39 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

What's Big Dave up too? They always played up on screen him and Mysterio were like brothers. Him vs Brock in Saudi? 

He officially retired after Mania. He also said a few months ago he’d never wrestle in Saudi. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Excitedly watching a 'taped the night before show' on a Saturday morning again is like going back 20 years. Atleast I don't have to get up early for the paper round. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...