The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

7 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Even Brock is scared now, another scared World Champion.

When Seth and Bray first started their feud, people were shitting on it because Seth would probably just do his usual thing and laugh off the threat ahead of him instead of be intimidated.

Why then are people shitting on Seth being intimidated by Bray?

Love the set.

Glad they used The Rock to put over Becky. She's back on the right track now. Perfect use of Corbin too.

Kofi got what everyone knew was coming. Anyone crying about him being done wrong should acknowledge the fact that he won a world title at Wrestlemania. Something that most people never thought would happen or even that he deserved. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Even Brock is scared now, another scared World Champion.

No, that's a massive stretch. Lesnar picks and chooses. He has in every feud since he came back. He sold suprise beautifully. Because it was a huge surprise. Then stood laughing in the aisle, teased the fight and left it for another day. Entirely consistent.

1 hour ago, Mat said:

When Seth and Bray first started their feud, people were shitting on it because Seth would probably just do his usual thing and laugh off the threat ahead of him instead of be intimidated.

Why then are people shitting on Seth being intimidated by Bray?

There’s “being intimidated” and then there’s “cowering in a corner screaming”. They played it well when they did the Bray/Finn Balor match at Summerslam. Finn was confused and creeped out, but he didn’t back down. Had they done something similar with Seth during this feud people might not have been so down on it.

But that visual of your babyface Champion cowering in the corner screaming like some slasher flick teenager girl about to get got did all sorts of damage to Seth, who’d already being relegated to the status of ‘Becky Lynch’s boyfriend’

Even what they did here, Seth ran away to try and get to safety. Faces should never be running away, they’re supposed to stand and fight. They might know that they’ll get their arse kicked, but they don’t back down.

You could’ve rehabbed Seth here with a promo here showing that he’s not afraid. Even his nasally rat features could’ve pulled off “You can stand me up at the gates of Hell, but I won’t back down”

*This post was brought to you by Tom Petty

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I'm okay with Kofi losing quickly to Brock, but by just running towards him and jumping into his finisher position for him?! Fair enough if Kofi went for a quick Trouble in Paradise and he misjudged the spin and got caught (or Brock anticipated it), I can believe that. Just leaping into his arms though, what the hell. Ever since Brock returned years back, most of his opponents have charged straight for him and I think it's only really worked for Goldberg...

Edited by Mr.Showtime

6 hours ago, FUM said:

I'm going to ignore most of the obvious stuff and ask why on the first show you would completely undeliver on your advertisements? 

Stone Cold, The Undertaker and Sting all advertised. Nowhere to be seen. 

Fair enough not delivering a Mark Henry or JBL or something but people will have tuned in specifically to see an Austin or Undertaker. 

Honestly, I’m glad that they didn’t. They mostly focussed on the current stars which they rarely do on these ‘celebration’ shows and that was the right thing to do.

The show almost felt like a reset and as much as I’m willing AEW on to do well, both NXT and Smackdown delivered a better quality show than the first Dynamite.

I’m a bit worried we’re heading for Lesnar/Reigns again though once this current story is over. I’d love to see them get behind Big E and push him as a face of this brand. He has a ridiculous amount of breakout potential. Lesnar/Big E at Wrestlemania is something I’d be all in for.

Yeah I’d say they did a better job concentrating on the “current” than the nostalgia pops. 

Its like there was another wrestling show on this week that concentrated mostly on wrestling and gave them a kick up the ass. I’m

Yeah I’d say they did a better job concentrating on the “current” than the nostalgia pops. 

Its like there was another wrestling show on this week that concentrated mostly on wrestling and gave them a kick up the ass. 

• Paid Members

False advertising is obviously a shitty thing to do, but whilst I might feel bad for the people who bought tickets in the hope of seeing guys like Undertaker and Stone Cold, I can't fathom how anyone watching on TV could be disappointed. The show was improved immeasurably by not trotting out the same faces we've seen over and over again these past few months. The moment The Rock agreed to appear everyone else became instantly irrelevant and they absolutely made the right decision not wasting time on yet another Stone Cold or Hulk Hogan cameo.

It was a really good show. The pacing was great and there was enough noteworthy moments to feel Big Time.

Tyson Fury is a natural fit. It didn't get as big a reaction as I'd expect, but still. I can't see a scenario where he doesn't hit a home run on this stage, you bloody dosser.

We'll have to wait and see with Cain. He proved in AAA that he's like Ronda in how freakishly athletic he is, so I'd have no worries about him in the ring, but it's everything else that he's going to struggle with. You can't just chuck a lucha mask on and do some springboard arm drags in WWE. He's going to have to cut a promo, do some acting and pull some facials, none of which are going to come naturally to him. Plus, his physique is so shit and unimposing that I genuinely thought Dominic Mysterio had shaved his head when he first came out with Rey and took his top off. Must've took a good five or ten seconds for me to realise who it was. The first thing they need to do is throw some money at UFC to get all the necessary clips of him killing people.

Meltzer reckons  it's Cain vs. Brock at Crown Jewel. There's a tiny part of me that still hopes this ends with Daniel Cormier coming in to pay off the angle he and Brock did last year. Cormier would be ten times the promo Cain will be. In fact, now I've thought about it, they should be on the phone to DC right now to come in as Cain's mouthpiece. Throw some of that FOX money his way. They've clearly got millions to spare.

The Kofi thing was exactly what it should've been and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. Brock's the best, and whilst Kofi's Title win may have made for a classic Wrestlemania moment everything that followed was underwhelming shit. Plus, check this promo out. In taking the belt from Kofi he's already delivered his best promo since before Wrestlemania. He's fantastic in this.