The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Well, that was a poor show. Does any of the Mania torusits stay for the Tuesday?

Some, but not as many. They were still desperately trying to sell SmackDown tickets at Raw on Monday.

It’s odd that they’re pushing the shakeup at a time when Raw wrestlers just turn up on Smackdown whenever they want, and vice versa. I’m hoping it settles down after next week, and that Ricochet and Aleister Black aren’t on every show for a change. I’m surprised they didn’t start backflipping across the stage at the Hall of Fame. 

If Mustafa Ali never got injured, I wonder what New Day would’ve done at WrestleMania - I expect they’d have just been in the tag team title match, and Kevin Owens wouldn’t be meandering around with nothing to do.

• Paid Members

Bloody hell. Imagine Wrestlemania if the Kofi thing had never caught on and they went with the rumoured Kevin Owens vs. Daniel Bryan match instead! Things would've been very different indeed.

The New Day are so great to watch right now, they'd be crazy to turn or split any of them up. They look to be having the time of their lives and it really rubs off on you as a viewer. I honestly nearly fill up every time Woods looks ready to cry. 

The way both shows were pretty run-of-the-mill, it makes me wonder why they don't make the Raw and Smackdown immediately after Wrestlemania the Shake-Up shows going forward. The only reason I can think of as to why they do it this way is the (correct!) belief that it ensures they get rating boosts for two weeks rather than just one. But boy, does it make for some mostly uninspiring TV. Hardy's win aside, everything felt like treading water.

That being said, I'm very happy that the Usos look to be heading to Raw. Those lads deserve to be prominently featured on the A show. They're so great. 

Also, whilst Lacey's piss-poor performance in the Rumble doesn't fill me with much hope for the eventual match, Becky and Lacey Evans are two for two in segments to build their feud.

I could get down with Randy going on a Rookie-Killer spell, attacking all the new flippy, indy lads. The matches he's already had with Ali are the most motivated he's looked in ages.

• Paid Members

Is this shakeup not going to be so they can stick all the top guys on Smackers ahead of the move to Fox?

Edit: totally forgot this was on Sky Sports Mix last night. I could have recorded it. Anybody know whether it's on catchup? 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Ricochet and Black could do with being separated in the draft. They've been overexposed this past two months by being on every episode of SmackDown, Raw and NXT. Plus TakeOver and the PPV's and hardly a promo in sight during that time. 

• Paid Members

It didn't even make sense to bring them up as a team. I know it got them onto the main roster, but there are great potential matches for them both as singles competitors. What happened to the draft?

14 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Any thoughts on which tag team Paige is bringing to Smackdown next week? 

I doubt it’s the Sky Pirates,  I cant think of any other females they can bring up from NXT apart from Rhea Ripley

Since it’s the shake-up (and she explicitly mentioned it) my best guess would be a pairing from Raw.

7 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Since it’s the shake-up (and she explicitly mentioned it) my best guess would be a pairing from Raw.

But then aren’t The Tag Titles defended on both brands anyway? Plus they’ve mentioned NXT is part of the shake up

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

But then aren’t The Tag Titles defended on both brands anyway? Plus they’ve mentioned NXT is part of the shake up

The tag titles are (apparently) going to be defended on NXT too. Doesn’t mean it won’t be NXT wrestlers, but it also doesn’t mean that it will be.

I could definitely see it being Jax and Tamina, but I could also see it being a brand new pairing of two wrestlers they don’t have singles plans for.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I could get down with Randy going on a Rookie-Killer spell, attacking all the new flippy, indy lads. The matches he's already had with Ali are the most motivated he's looked in ages.

I read on here years ago a fucking great idea for Orton that would be money...

Orton going down to NXT and attacking some of the stars in a reverse of his legend killer gimmick, now he is the "legend" he wants to protect his spot and kill the up and comers. Have some of the NXT guys surprise attacking him eventually. Hopefully something similar kicking off.