The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Got to admit though, that purest in me is having a hard time embracing Kofi as champion with this shtick. He's massively over though so what do I know.

It is very odd, I think, watching him do the New Day stuff as per normal while holding the World Title rather than a Tag Title. As great as it is to see New Day celebrating their success as a group, it doesn't help Kofi stand out. They other two should have presented him with some gold gear or something as a present so that he stands out.

Loved the KO stuff. I was just waiting for the turn and like that it never came that quickly. It would have got a huge pop and they're normally dumb enough to do stuff like that so I was genuinely surprised.

4 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Vince swerving fans with Elias was a great move in deflecting any possible boos for Roman.

Fair except they just did almost the exact same thing with the Paige announcement. Not one person wasn't waiting for the interruption.

48 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The New Daniel Bryan is a proud vegan. Heavy Machinery are all about Steaks & Weights. Bryan & Rowan vs Heavy Machinery for the tag titles once they remember they've got both sets of Champions on Raw now and sort that out.

They haven’t, the Uso’s lost the Smackers belts to the Hardys last week

• Paid Members

Do we think this, "Vince is a clueless old goof," is an intentional character?

I think in his head he's playing a clever, manipulative, puppet-master-stye troll, whereas everyone watching just wants someone to get him a blanket and some slippers.

• Paid Members

As insane and out of touch as he seems off screen, Vince will always show arse when he's on TV. It doesn't mean a lot at this point when Roman decks him other than a cheap pop but that's because Vince has always come off the worst in every situation. Someone tell his daughter.

Looking at the heel side, with no Bryan around at the moment, is the best short-term story for Kofi that Shane McMahon takes the "Best in the World" shtick too seriously and announces he wants the WWE Title? Shane entering and maybe winning Money in the Bank would be a hilarious way to troll and tease people that Shane is going to win the title in a bullshit fashion, as it suits the character and plays with the die-hard fans a treat that "their guy" Kofi is going to drop the title to a McMahon. Doesn't even have to win on the cash-in. Looking at the SD roster I'm not sure who else can jump right in to a top-line feud after all the damage that's been done to slot so many in the middle.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Awards Moderator
42 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

They haven’t, the Uso’s lost the Smackers belts to the Hardys last week

Oops! Shows how long that result stuck in my memory. Bryan And Rowan But Mostly Bryan vs The Hardys for a bit then, followed by a Heavy Machinery feud, by which time Kofi will have lost the title and he can go and challenge for it again.

The Smackdown women’s roster is stacked now!

I assume Sheamus and Samoa Joe are moving to Raw now? There was issues with flights and Joe had the flu so they weren’t about for Raw.

I could see Poundland Kenny Omega jumping straight into a feud with Balor on Smackdown.

I reckon Roman Reigns, The Revival, Drew McIntyre possibly.  Bayley?  Seeing as they pretty much buried Sasha last night.  I would say Balor, but he's got a belt so that complicates things.

Not a bad prediction!  It does feel like Smackdown got the worst of this deal but every year I say that, and then the Smackdown brand goes on to actually elevate new stars.

Asuka instead of Io Shirai has to be some sort of troll on internet fans, right?  They all look the same, those chinese wrestlers.

Of all the swops, I genuinely hope Elias gets a proper push.  Did you see his shoulders?  They guy has everything in my opinion, if they put him in interesting storylines with good wrestlers he could become a top heel.