The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

We used to have all the channels, phone and broadband for £58 because we somehow ended up with two deals going on at the same time, but we have trees in the way of our dish and during parts of the summer we can't get any signal so all we could do was watch catchup and box sets until we lost them and are now paying more money for fewer channels. We keep thinking about sacking the TV off because we can't really afford at the moment. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Supremo said:

I could get down with Randy going on a Rookie-Killer spell, attacking all the new flippy, indy lads. The matches he's already had with Ali are the most motivated he's looked in ages.

Funny you mention that as I was looking at Orton during Wrestlemania and thought 'he's looking a bit old in the face now, isn't he?' and now I long for him to lose the top of his hair, grow some white stubble and a have bit of a gut on him. I think he'd make a tremendous bitter old veteran, but not so much while he still physically looks a million times better than anyone he's wrestling.

2 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Watch it be Tamina and Nia.

My god, I hope so. I hope Paige spends the entire show teasing that it will be the Japanese lasses only for her to bring out these two and they squash every fucker in sight.

3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

My god, I hope so. I hope Paige spends the entire show teasing that it will be the Japanese lasses only for her to bring out these two and they squash every fucker in sight.

Aslong as its not the absolutley useless Aaliyah and Vanessa Borne.

• Paid Members

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Rhea Ripley and Reina Gonzales. They seem to have been tagging quite a lot on the NXT house shows. Can’t really think of any other pairing that aren’t currently on the main roster. 

Will Paige be the mic piece for the Sky Pirates? Not sure what else you can get out of Paige as a manager unless they turn her heel again.

Just found out that Shayna Baszler is 38!! Has there ever been serious talk on the inside about moving her onto the main roster? I hope not. Far too good to be thrown into Vince's ugly bin. Fuck that.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Just found out that Shayna Baszler is 38!! Has there ever been serious talk on the inside about moving her onto the main roster? I hope not. Far too good to be thrown into Vince's ugly bin. Fuck that.

If Ronda is gone for a long time as most people are reporting, I can't imagine them not bringing Shayna in to get revenge against Becky. It's the most natural, logical feud at their disposal. Becky's the top babyface on the female side and there's no-one in the business who's a better heel to go against her. That'd be my Summerslam match if I had my way.

18 minutes ago, Supremo said:

If Ronda is gone for a long time as most people are reporting, I can't imagine them not bringing Shayna in to get revenge against Becky. It's the most natural, logical feud at their disposal. Becky's the top babyface on the female side and there's no-one in the business who's a better heel to go against her. That'd be my Summerslam match if I had my way.

I'd love that. We all want Shayna to be the destroyer that we see in NXT but I can't see her getting beyond a Ruby Riot type push if she ever comes up. 

I reckon Becky is getting the inventor of women's wrestling Stephanie McMahon for Summerslam.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

PWInsider reported that they had him leave during the commercial break as they didn’t want to make him look weak losing against The New Day as he will probably be Rollins’ first challenger.

Why bother putting him in the match in the first place is beyond me. 

19 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Any thoughts on which tag team Paige is bringing to Smackdown next week? 

I doubt it’s the Sky Pirates,  I cant think of any other females they can bring up from NXT apart from Rhea Ripley

I can't see Candice LeRae being in NXT much longer, especially as she was in the Women's Battle Royal at Mania, ditto Kairi Sane.

Outside those two though I can't think of anyone else.  I imagine Io will be the one to defeat Shayna at some point, and when that happens then she'll move to the main roster.

They do need to free up some spots in NXT as there's Deonna Purrazzo, Lacey Lane, M.J. Jenkins, Karen Q, Rachael Ellering, Chelsea Green and Jessie Elaban who I don't think have made TV yet (outside of the MYC), plus whatever they do with the NXT UK females like Viper and Kay Lee Ray.