Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

The Smackers Thread

59 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I wouldn't even be surprised if they did Reigns AND Brock, to be honest.

I'm reckoning this too. Vince announces Brock, only for Roman's music to hit so they can do the "Brock ain't here, he don't care about the people like I do" thing that's worked so well for Reigns in their two previous feuds.

Well, those who said Vince no longer had his finger on the pulse of what the fans want are certainly eating their words now!

Decent little show. Enjoyed everything involving Owens/Kofi/Woods, hopefully his babyface run has some more legs in it before his inevitable turn. Think that could be a really good programme for a few months. Kairi and Asuka is a fun combination and they looked really smooth together. Didn't care much for Lars wrecking shop.

I don't mind Roman moving over to Smackdown, because there's some interesting, fresh matches on there for him, but for crying out loud if there's one thing I don't ever need to see again, it's him conquering Vince and the big bad authoritarian character. We've exhausted that avenue so many times by this point that it doesn't exactly create a fresh first impression when you bring him over doing the exact same stuff we saw him doing on RAW.

Good Smackers and agree with the KO/New Day comment. KO's Big E intro was spot on.

Bit confused with the IC title being on Smackdown aswell as the US title but glad to see Finn on the blue brand although I was looking forward to more of him and Andrade.

Buddy Murphy is a welcome addition, should have good matches with Finn and more with Ali.

A nice change for Reigns, someone commented on here that he might get a better reaction on Smackdown, they maybe right.

According to WWE.com, the following have also moved:

Liv Morgan, Chad Gable, Apollo Crews and Mickie James.

By the looks of some stuff online Joe was supposed to move last night but was ill and whatever segment he was in (I assume him and Strowman) got axed. They're saying that over the week people will still be moving so expect a .com exclusive that Joe has moved to Raw by Monday.

I'm glad to see Roman move, I think he needed it. They'll have to be careful with him and Bryan though. It's an inevitable match-up now, but one that may not yield the desired crowd response. 

If Joe is swapping to Raw, where is Lars supposed to be? You don't want Lars, Joe and Braun all on the one brand, I wouldn't have thought. 

Have Cesaro and Sheamus split up? 

Roode and Gable being separated does nothing for me. They weren't doing much together, but it was something. They'll be EC3 in no time now they've been split. 

KO as part of the New Day was brilliant stuff. Really, really fun. 

Edited by WeeAl

Sucks to be Road Dogg. Steps down as head writer and Smackdown goes on to have one of its most fun shows in ages. Everything with New Day and Big O was spectacular on this show. Exactly what their product is lacking - just letting these daft, fun characters interact more without them necessarily feuding.

If the last two nights have left any long-lasting impression it's how great Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are. Both have incredible range and both hit absolute home runs in their home town. I can't remember the last time WWE TV made me genuinely laugh out loud but Kevin Owens managed it a few times tonight. I'm completely down with them stretching this out for a month or so before Kevin turns on Kofi for stealing his Mania spot.

Truly end of an era stuff to see that Vince can't even take a bump anymore and needed Elias to catch him mid-tumble.

Is it time to call it though? This weird, haunting silence about Bryan's supposed injury suggests the inevitable, doesn't it?

Edited by Supremo

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Sucks to be Road Dogg. Steps down as head writer and Smackdown goes on to have one of its most fun shows in ages. Everything with New Day and Big O was spectacular on this show. Exactly what their product is lacking - just letting these daft, fun characters interact more without them necessarily feuding.

If the last two nights have left any long-lasting impression it's how great Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are. Both have incredible range and both hit absolute home runs in their home town. I can't remember the last time WWE TV made me genuinely laugh out loud but Kevin Owens managed it a few times tonight. I'm completely down with them stretching this out for a month or so before Kevin turns on Kofi for stealing his Mania spot.

Truly end of an era stuff to see that Vince can't even take a bump anymore and needed Elias to catch him mid-tumble.

Is it time to call it though? This weird, haunting silence about Bryan's supposed injury suggests the inevitable, doesn't it?

Maybe I’m hopelessly naive, but I’m assuming if there was anything to worry about Smackdown would have added slightly more depth on the heel side last night.

My best guess is they want to programme him with a new addition (likely Reigns or Baylor) post shake-up so kept him off TV for that reason.

I really hope so. The way he's flourished in a completely different role since coming back, it'd be arguably even more tragic if his career ended now than if he'd never returned at all.

Watching back their match at Wrestlemania though (I'm obsessed with it, I think it's the best thing they've done since ending The Streak), those stomps to his head at the end are absolutely brutal. I can't believe anyone thought that was a good idea. It honestly makes me think there was already an underlying issue Bryan knew about, so he decided, "this is probably it for me either way mate, stomp away."

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

If JoeÔĽŅÔĽŅ is swapping to Raw, where is Lars supposed to be?

Lars has been confirmed for Smackdown as has Heavy Machinery now.  

37 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I really hope so. The way he's flourished in a completely different role since coming back, it'd be arguably even more tragic if his career ended now than if he'd never returned at all.

Watching back their match at Wrestlemania though (I'm obsessed with it, I think it's the best thing they've done since ending The Streak), those stomps to his head at the end are absolutely brutal. I can't believe anyone thought that was a good idea. It honestly makes me think there was already an underlying issue Bryan knew about, so he decided, "this is probably it for me either way mate, stomp away."

Those stomps, and the back elbows Kofi was giving him straight to the head when they were on the ropes were brutal.

I think something would have come out by now if it was really bad. Maybe they're just holding on Bryan for the moment and giving him a bit of a break. He's been pretty full on since coming back.

SmackDown has kept people off TV for a few weeks at a time since the brand split. It's why a lot on the show generally feels fresh enough as opposed to RAW. The writers seem to realise that pointless matches does more harm to a main eventer than just keeping them off screen. 

I wouldn't worry that Bryan is missing. 

34 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Those stomps, and the back elbows Kofi was giving him straight to the head when they were on the ropes were brutal.

Absolutley, had me cringing that did.

Not really sure where Bryan fits in now, didnt they do away with mandatory title rematches?

Maybe he enters MITB?

I dont really want to see Roman just go straight through Bryan and then Kofi for the title.

Kofi could do with actually having some singles matches aswell.

4 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

Absolutley, had me cringing that did.

Not really sure where Bryan fits in now, didnt they do away with mandatory title rematches?

Maybe he enters MITB?

I dont really want to see Roman just go straight through Bryan and then Kofi for the title.

Kofi could do with actually having some singles matches aswell.

The New Daniel Bryan is a proud vegan. Heavy Machinery are all about Steaks & Weights. Bryan & Rowan vs Heavy Machinery for the tag titles once they remember they've got both sets of Champions on Raw now and sort that out.