The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

KOTR has been good fun so far. They've done a nice job of making it feel important and the matches make the show feel more coherent overall. The crowds seem well into it too. They've blown the doors open prediction wise, I've no idea who's winning.

The rest of the show is a disaster unfortunately. Just a lot of moans coming. Who could possibly care about Roman Reigns anymore? There's always hunger for long term, week-to-week story telling in WWE, and every time they do it, it's such an awful illogical mess that you wish they'd get it over and done with, and get back to the only thing they consistently do well - matches. Everyone comes out of these angles as damaged goods. I should be chomping at the bit to see Bryan vs Roman but instead Bryan is a lower midcard clown out of Roman's league and Reigns is just . . . there. Looking bored and embarrassed by the entire thing.

The women's angle is hot for now, but it's turned into a convoluted mess in record time. The whole division is a wishy-washy shambles, nobody knows who to boo or cheer. They can't seriously be turning Charlotte babyface again?! She's amazing, but come on. Charlotte and Becky teaming against the Boss n' Hug seems like the way they're going, but meh, donnu about it. I suppose they've wrecked Becky's character enough that going back to being Flair's chump mate is the natural path at this point.

I take back my excitement for the Nakumara/Zayne pairing. Utter shit. The Lio Rush thing with the 'hype man' shouting into the mic is unbearable and doesn't get over. What a waste of these two.

The pulling back of the McMahon's and The Authority the last few months has been a sweet relief. They're complete poison. I still can't quite believe what they did to Kevin Owens. From funny, smart talking, locker room leader and man of the people, to a pathetic, whimpering, fat loser in the space of a week. Christ.

As great as the FFH was this week, The Wyatt thing bothers me as well. They're dying for top heels for sure but isn't it a bit early to be putting him in a championship match? Can't say I'm up for watching him in a cell where he'll have to sell and look like everyone else.

The matches have been good though! Don't know if they're using different agents or what but they've felt tighter and more smartly booked. Baron Corbin, Elias and Lacey Evans having the best matches of their career the last couple of days.

According to Wrestling Observer, creative changes have been made. 

Long time RAW Lead Writer Ed Koskey is being moved to Smackdown as Head Writer under Eric Bischoff. I think I read somewhere that he ‘gets Vince and what he wants’. 

Guess Vince got tired of junking entire shows and the official word is Ryan Ward (trusted Triple H guy, me thinks) is on ‘personal leave’. 

The RAW Lead Writer is now Jonathan Baeckstrom, who was the 205 Live lead writer, and apparently hand selected by Paul Heyman for the RAW team not long ago.

I’d bet that this appointment is heavily influenced by Heyman. 

But yes, I think most of us had to know Ward’s position was untenable given Vince so publicly naughty-stepping him on a weekly basis for what seemed like a good couple of months and with the FOX move, upcoming draft and re-separation of the brands (apparently) and XFL, he only has his has hands full to be changing whole shows.

Edited by uklaw