Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

The Smackers Thread

Hell yeah, Roman/Buddy was awesome. Firecracker match that cemented Buddy as someone to be reckoned with, and it did Roman the world of good too. I'll never get my head round people shitting on Reigns as a worker, he constantly delivers and elevates anyone he shares the ring with. Finally, he's escaped the Shane McMahon orbit of suck and there's a world of possibilities opened up for him. Roman vs Bryan/Rowan/ Nakamura/Ali/Andrade/Gable etc . . . get that shit in my veins! There's a load of cracking matches he could be having on Smackdown and they'll surely win over the boo boys too. Love that they're finally doing something with Buddy, hope they pull the trigger on him as a babyface. Maybe have a brief respect tag team with Roman. 

Also watched the backstage whodunnit clips. Daniel Bryan legitimately comes across as a scary psychopath. Fuck me, that man is genius. Love him. 

I'm quick to moan when it's shit but I've been enjoying WWE lately.

The Kevin Owens resurgence, the Roman Reigns/Daniel Bryan storyline and the KOTR tournament giving so many potential stars a platform too.

More good than bad for me at the moment.

That was a very good show, nice amount of storylines and some great performances from Buddy & Reign,s plus Bryan is absolutely fantastic on the mic and in those segments. Liking the Orton/Kofi feud too, Orton looks motivated and in top quality condition at the moment.

Edited by DCW

14 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Was this Bischoff's first show in charge?

Bruce Pritchard is still in charge and Vince is still changing the entire show at the last minute.

I don’t think Bischoff will ever actually start this job.

Attendance for Smackdown was awful in Toronto.  My kids got there to be told that their section (along with most of the top deck) was closed and had to visit a desk for new tickets.  They were given lower bowl tickets opposite the hard camera in an arena that was maybe a third full as the hard cam side of the lower bowl was also largely tarped.  Fun show though.

Yeah, we got moved ‘downstairs’ too. Symptomatic of 4 nights in a row I guess.

It was almost surreal how empty it was by the time Heavy Machinery wandered out for the dark main event.

Considering how laughably shit the original angle was, this Roman/Bryan/Buddy Murphy thing has done a complete 180 and turned into a brilliant little storyline. Buddy vs. Roman was a cracking match and Daniel Bryan's performance on this show was nothing short of spectacular. What a horrible little shit. You'd never think this was the same guy who once had people crying with happiness when he announced his in-ring return. He's the best.

The inevitable Buddy Murphy vs. Daniel Bryan match is going to be fucking great!

Edited by Supremo

This is where WWE benefit from having an audience of weird sycophants who watch every week regardless. If it was a book or a film, you'd turn it off and burn it after the first chapter because it's fucking horrible. They do a decent job of recovering from stuff like this and hope you forget that this thing started with the worst backstage skit they've ever filmed and a release on their website that found the official reason was a forklift error.

Bryan is great in that backstage skit. That said, if I'm ever in danger of getting the shit kicked out of me, I hope they just chuck me at a pastic bin.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:50 PM, Statto said:

Yeah, we got moved ‘downstairs’ too. Symptomatic of 4 nights in a row I guess.

It was also $1 hotdog night at the Bluejays game.  Cheap meat vs Roman Reigns.

The ending of last week’s show was something else. Just when this whodunnit storyline looked to have legs they did one of the weirdest, shittest things since...well, a few weeks ago when some stuff half fell on Roman and he walked away bemused.

Again, how the fuck did this make air?!

I can’t lie though. I could watch shit segments featuring Daniel Bryan trying not to laugh all day long. His face was hilarious!

Quality of that latest segment notwithstanding I’m liking this slower burn approach that’s being taken with this story, considering at one point it looked like it was going to be used to shoehorn Bryan/Reigns onto Summerslam. It’s allowed Murphy to have some good moments too since.

Oh, absolutely. No matter how bad some of these Roman segments have been, having actual storylines that span numerous shows is still infinitely preferable to when they just had self-contained shows where wrestlers wrestled  some wrestling matches. For the longest time, the closest you had to a long-term storyline was just Stephanie making everyone else look like a prick show after show after show.