The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'd enjoy it if he'd end up popping up in a few places now he's been "fired". Show up at NXT. Have Evolve got a show coming up in the next few weeks? (possible) Maybe he'll pop along to Progress on Sunday (less likely, although they are sending Riddle and Trevor Lee). Would be a nice way to tease before he returns for the inevitable HIAC with Shane. 

5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I thought the main event was pretty good, as was the Rowan/Roman set up and Orton/Kofi. Bayley still looks clueless to her character direction 

She's looked clueless since she went to the main roster in fairness.

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

I'd enjoy it if he'd end up popping up in a few places now he's been "fired". Show up at NXT. Have Evolve got a show coming up in the next few weeks? (possible) Maybe he'll pop along to Progress on Sunday (less likely, although they are sending Riddle and Trevor Lee). Would be a nice way to tease before he returns for the inevitable HIAC with Shane. 

Ahhh crap now I want him to be Dunne's mystery opponent :(

• Paid Members

Kevin Owens hinted on Twitter that he might head to NXT. Great idea. He's exactly the kind of guy I'd like to see go over and breathe some life back into the show. Isn't he best mates with Adam Cole? I bet he'd relish an opportunity to feud with him. It's not like Cole has many other contenders on the horizon. I'd love Owens and Zayn returning s babyfaces to, "save,' NXT from the Undisputed Era.

• Paid Members
On 9/11/2019 at 8:40 AM, Callum1993 said:

There’s talk of Owens going back to NXT for the launch on USA. Could be a good move. 

46 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Kevin Owens hinted on Twitter that he might head to NXT. Great idea. He's exactly the kind of guy I'd like to see go over and breathe some life back into the show. Isn't he best mates with Adam Cole? I bet he'd relish an opportunity to feud with him. It's not like Cole has many other contenders on the horizon. I'd love Owens and Zayn returning s babyfaces to, "save,' NXT from the Undisputed Era.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Supremo said:

Fight work rate pervs with workrate pervs I say. If you want to truly damage AEW's audience, send over the likes of Zayn, Owens, Cesaro, maybe even Bryan to NXT. Its hardly a demotion when its Network TV.

10 hours ago, Seratonin said:

I doubt they would even have to try that hard.

They would have to try that hard because WWE’s goodwill is in the toilet and AEW haven’t been burning fans for years. For WWE to actually appear they are presenting a better show they would have to put effort in and work at it for a few months before fans buy into it

14 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

They would have to try that hard because WWE’s goodwill is in the toilet and AEW haven’t been burning fans for years. For WWE to actually appear they are presenting a better show they would have to put effort in and work at it for a few months before fans buy into it

And yet if it was that easy, surely TNA/Impact would be doing far better?

• Paid Members

Seen a ton of stuff online that Michael Cole may be taken off Raw in place of Vic Joseph and moved over to SmackDown for the Fox move. 

Potentially him and Graves though I couldn't see anything about a third person. 

Would be good to try and bring some of the new commentary team through and Joseph isn't so bad. 

• Paid Members

No-one was a bigger fan of KofiMania than me. But boy do I want Brock Lesnar to end what's been a pretty terrible reign. What's the one thing better than Brock Lesnar? Bearded Brock Lesnar!

Then, with any luck, they can finally pull the trigger and start making Big E the star he's always been destined to be.

Funny how things work out though. Imagine back when they did that Beast in the East Network special, where Brock squashed Kofi, and thinking, "This match will one day be the main event of WWE's first show on FOX, it'll be for the WWE Title...and Brock Lesnar will be the challenger."

image.thumb.png.3aa0feea54be53fc42ed01f1c7a24e42.png

Whilst I think it's going to be a swerve and Daniel Bryan's still going to be revealed as the mastermind behind it all, I still wouldn't mind seeing him do a teased return to being a babyface. I'll never ever get over how they managed to waste him once he came back from retirement. Give it a few weeks of him teaming with Roman before turning on him on the first Smackdown on FOX.

I smiled at them officially announcing the end of the Wild Card Rule. As if it's been enforced in any way whatsoever. How long did the restricted amount of people per week last? A week? Two? Plus, as if, Vince. I predict six months before the rosters start merging again. It's one of those things that he can't help himself but do.

It's a shame they're continuing the Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon feud. I had hoped Kevin would just jump the rail, beat some security up and then write, "N...X...T," in the air like Bret leaving for WCW.

HomelyAcademicDorado-size_restricted.gif

I'd much rather Owens went to help NXT than continue this deathly Shane feud. It's killing him worse every week. A fucking lawsuit? What a snidey chump.

It's gonna be Brock vs. Roman at Wrestlemania again, isn't it?

Edited by Supremo