The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Murphy losing to Ali is just stupid booking.  Murphy has some momentum and is really connecting with fans, so why take this moment to remember who Ali is and give him a win?

Raw's been improving over these last few weeks but Smackdown still feels suck in the old WWE rut.

• Paid Members

Meltz reported that while McMahon wasn't at the show due to the XFL announcement about team names, over the phone he seemingly ripped up the script for SmackDown and rewrote it himself. 

So take that as you will on why certain aspects seemed very stuck in the rut. Faces getting beaten down again and again, Murphy momentum stalled, Lacey Evans getting booked while half the SmackDown women's roster couldn't even get on the show.

Surely that video proved Rowan was innocent? The stuff fell from the opposite side of where he was standing. 

They also already told us a forklift driver knocked it down - where was the forklift? 

Edited by FUM

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Isn't it more that Murphy said he saw Rowan push the metal, then that turned out to be a lookalike but that this week further footage showed Rowan pushing more stuff hoping to further hurt him? 

It'll end up with Bryan in the forklift next week. 

It will end up being his identical twin we never knew, Ryan Bryan - Twin Magic init

What crap. I thought things were looking up a couple of weeks back but Smackdown went to pot. Any hope of them actually building a star with this shit Whodunnit angle or the KOTR tournament went out the window the last two shows. The treatment of Chad Gable, Buddy Murphy and Kevin Owens gives me little hope. It's like they desperately don't want anybody getting over. They actually have a storyline for Bryan and Roman, so round of applause for that. The whole angle is so shit I barely care about either guy at the moment.

Bayley probably did better than anybody could have done with Lacey Evans for 15 mins.15 minutes! Fuck me. Maybe the non-vanilla girls that spend every week siting back in catering or playing video games should just have a massive sulk and lay on the floor, sit at home for four months and then they might get a shot of tv time.

To my surprise I'm enjoying Randy Orton. He hasn't been this motivated in forever and the Revival connection would be awesome if their booking wasn't so bi-polar. Orton's been cutting the best promo's of his career this year. The limitations of the New Day have been exposed though. Kofi feels less like a World Champion by the week and Big E completely outshined him this week in showing main event level intensity. That was before he started licking his hand and and slapping Randy on the arse. But hey, Big E seems happy to be a goofy dancing black guy for the rest of his career, so good luck to him I guess.

Zayn and Shinsuke are magic together.  

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Orton has been great, he just doesn't give a fuck, but in a good way. I'd be well up for him beating Kofi for the belt. His run as champ has been grand, but fairly meaningless all the same as the story was always going to be in the actual winning of the big one and not the run once he had it, like when Benoit finally won the title. 

• Paid Members

So I guess they backed themselves into a corner and had no way out with Reigns.

Bayley's opening promo was awful, god awful. I tapped out after Ali/Elias and just watched the closing segment this morning. They are really going to need to buck their ideas up before they start on Fox.

I thought both of the KOTR matches were pretty solid really. Certainly the best Elias match I've seen in some time. Maybe ever.

But yeah, the rest was questionable at best. I much prefer Rowan when he's not allowed to talk. Same with Bayley to be honest. She just doesn't have it in her to deliver a believable 'heel' promo.