The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator

That Roman thing. Jesus wept. They’ve put some shite out over the years but that looked like it didn’t even go to plan and they just kind of went along with it. Seen more convincing acting on Grotbags.

Got visions of Vince waking himself up sneezing, going mental that Roman’s still not the golden boy so he’s decided to call up a white hot NXT talent to be repackaged and debut as Luke Chemia, who goes around pushing shit scaffolding on to cancer survivors.

(bring back downvotes)

Edited by Frankie Crisp

I know he's about as popular here as syphilis but I thought Dolph Ziggler's promo on Smackdown was really good.  Plus he had a good match on Raw whilst it lasted.  He's actually one of the current WWE wrestlers that I most enjoy watching.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Loki said:

I know he's about as popular here as syphilis but I thought Dolph Ziggler's promo on Smackdown was really good.  Plus he had a good match on Raw whilst it lasted.  He's actually one of the current WWE wrestlers that I most enjoy watching.

Where in the fuck is this down vote button that should have came back? 

Wow, they just don't get it do they. People are totally turned off to their programming style and then they try and pull out an authentic dramatic angle whilst sticking to their same polished formula. The walk towards the interview, dumb camera angles, the over acting and even just the phony way everything falls. Hellacious.

They haven't had a proper 'someone knocked down by a mystery car' angle in a while. At least then they can go down Sol Dangerfield's casting agency and get a stunt double to twat with the car. Saves this complete hokey shite they've come up with for this awfully executed angle. How in the fuck any WWE producer/editor etc thought that hilarity was good enough to air is beyond me.

• Awards Moderator

I desperately want the following to happen.

Roman has been hanging out with the Usos. He’s also currently appearing alongside Dwayne Johnson in Hobbs and Shaw.

We don’t know what happened on set. Maybe Roman said or did something that seemed a little off to Dwayne. Maybe Dwayne mentioned it in passing to a relative at an Anoa’i family gathering. Perhaps to the Usos’ father, out of concern for the lads’ wellbeing as well as his own career. And so, Roman is nearly killed backstage in the arena, leaving Dwayne to promote the movie without worrying about Reigns.

Yes, I deduce that Rikishi did it, and he did it for The Rock.

51 minutes ago, DCW said:

They haven't had a proper 'someone knocked down by a mystery car' angle in a while. At least then they can go down Sol Dangerfield's casting agency and get a stunt double to twat with the car. Saves this complete hokey shite they've come up with for this awfully executed angle. How in the fuck any WWE producer/editor etc thought that hilarity was good enough to air is beyond me.

Vince must have thought it was good enough to air and unfortunately that’s all it takes. 

One minor thing I did like about Smackdown was Big E doing the 'New Day Voice Over Intro' live backstage with the microphone before they went out to the ring, Ive not really seen them do this much but thought it came across well with them then going through the curtain straight afterwards. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I desperately want the following to happen.

Roman has been hanging out with the Usos. He’s also currently appearing alongside Dwayne Johnson in Hobbs and Shaw.

We don’t know what happened on set. Maybe Roman said or did something that seemed a little off to Dwayne. Maybe Dwayne mentioned it in passing to a relative at an Anoa’i family gathering. Perhaps to the Usos’ father, out of concern for the lads’ wellbeing as well as his own career. And so, Roman is nearly killed backstage in the arena, leaving Dwayne to promote the movie without worrying about Reigns.

Yes, I deduce that Rikishi did it, and he did it for The Rock.

One thing I learned from watching Hobbs and Shaw is that Uso is Samoan for brother. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

One thing I learned from watching Hobbs and Shaw is that Uso is Samoan for brother. 

It means same gender sibling - so two brothers would call each other "Uso", two sisters could call each other "Uso", but a brother couldn't call their sister "Uso". It's also quite often used in the same way a lot of the big Polynesian families will use "cousin" or "blood brother", to mean a close family member but not necessarily literally a brother or cousin. Often abbreviated to just "Uce".

If you watch a lot of the Anoai family in the WWF over the years, they tend to shout it, I imagine as a kind of inside shout-out to their family. Watching the Summerslam Spectacular '93 on the Network last night, Yokozuna does it a few times during Cornette's promo.

Edited by BomberPat