The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Supremo. It's what the cool guys call him. So I do too.

There aren't enough Clint Eastwood shuddering gifs in the world for this.

Stomping Ground isn't a great name, but I still don't think anything will come close to Great Balls of Fire. What the fuck were they thinking?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

There aren't enough Clint Eastwood shuddering gifs in the world for this.

Stomping Ground isn't a great name, but I still don't think anything will come close to Great Balls of Fire. What the fuck were they thinking?

Wait until Dwayne Johnson wins the 24/7 title and renames it the Rock Around The Clock Championship. Cutting edge of pop culture, it is. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I read that they have a show coming up called "Stomping Grounds". Thought it was a (bad) joke. But no, it's true. A network special it appears. Fucking "Stomping Grounds". That's all-time bad.

Replacing Backlash apparently. For this year anyway. 

• Paid Members

It's an absolute tragedy that Goldberg sat at home for over a decade when they could've been using him. He's so fucking great. Even hobbling down the ramp like a battered old man with a big, Christmassy beard, he's still the best babyface on the roster and feels like ten times the star of everyone else. Proper boss moment when he laughed and squared right up to Taker, nose to nose. Love his insistence on shaking hands with all the kids at ringside too. What a guy. Let's hope they have a crazy three minute sprint of a match on Friday. Booked to be wild and super short, that's got the potential to genuinely be a Match of the Year candidate.

I'll pop huge if Brock and Goldberg somehow interact on the show, too. There isn't a rematch I'd want to see more.

I'm still in love with the stupid 24/7 Title. Unbelievable that they didn't use this camera angle on the show though, choosing to only put it on social media. It would've been a proper laugh if they cut to a live camera under the ring as if it had always been there.

Good for Alexa if she's been cleared to return full-time. The women's division needs a proper star like her. Could do without the shitty coffee stuff though. I wonder if Bayley is getting flashbacks? The last time she feuded with Alexa it took her literally years to recover. In fact, you could probably argue she never fully recovered.

Andrade should be the WWE Champion. No-one has as good a look or a better act than him and Zelina. The guy's money.

The sooner we get past the Kofi match and Ziggler fucks off to doing stand-up comedy again, the better.

Biggest takeaway from this show though? What a mess that Wild Card rule is. Why did they ever restrict themselves to four acts if they were never going to stick to it? I'm sure I counted something like nine or ten Raw guys this week. I did have an idea wherein they announce that anyone who wins a match on their own show is then eligible to be a Wild Card for the following rival show, which would actually made some of those random, pointless matches feel more important, but what's the point? They'd never be able to keep track of something like that if they can't even keep count  of when they go over the allotted amount of four. Just bin off the Brand Split already. That's obviously the eventual conclusion to all this.

But yeah. I wish Goldberg was my Dad. Love him.

This hot new Tag Team Of Kairi Sane and Asuka??

Nah let’s sack them off because Paige probably isn’t available for the next 3 weeks.

The same go for The Viking Raiders, haven’t been seen in over a month, absolutely hate this wildcard rule.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Supremo said:

But yeah. I wish Goldberg was my Dad. Love him.

Agreed. I love older, grey Goldberg. I think Taker could learn a thing or two about how to look like an ageing badass from big Bill. 

• Paid Members

Goldberg speaking to the camera is such a breath of fresh air - the only people I can recall making a point of doing that in WWE in years were him and Sting, which is pretty telling.

WWE want the camera to be invisible, for you to forget it's there, as if you're watching a TV drama. But to address the camera is to address the audience, and to actually engage with them. If we'd always followed WWE's rules, we'd never get a promo like Dusty Rhodes' Hard Times, with "my hand is touching your hand".
The camera should be the fans' eye view, to make you feel like you're there watching, or better yet, make you wish you could be. It's another reason the eighteen camera cuts in 20 seconds are such an issue - it can't dwell on a single perspective, so it's never making you feel like you're there watching it.

I still think Goldberg/Undertaker can't possibly be good - I can't think of two less compatible main event talents, even in their prime, can't see Undertaker agreeing to the kind of match Goldberg does well, and Goldberg will be massively exposed by the kind of match Undertaker ordinarily has - but fucking hell I'm curious.

And just like that, Goldberg shows everyone how it’s meant to be done. What a pro, what a star.

I can’t imagine that his match with Taker is going any amount of time. I’m hoping we’re in for a similar match to when he last faced Brock at Wrestlemania, just big guys hitting their big moves take it home and done in 5 minutes. Also, Goldberg is beating Taker no doubt about it

• Paid Members

Trade punches, Chokeslam reversal, Spear, Jackhammer, Undertaker Kicks out. Goldberg does a shocked face. More brawling, Chokeslam, Tombstone, Goldberg kicks out. Undertaker can’t believe it. Brawl outside, Spear through the barricade, another Jackhammer in the ring, 1...2..3. Goldberg wins in 3 minutes and faces Roman at Summerslam for another brilliant sprint.

Edit: If the Prince demands they go a little longer so he can relive his youth a bit more I will allow them to do that Spear-Reversed-Into-Hells-Gate spot from the Taker vs. Edge matches. They can milk that for a few minutes whilst they check three times that Goldberg’s arm isn’t limp. Anything beyond that though and they’ve lost their minds. Goldberg’s last run was the highlight of the last decade and absolutely no-one looks back at that and thinks, “shame he didn’t go twenty minutes, innit.”

Nobody other than Triple H in 2003 wants to see Goldberg go long. They want the entrance, the stare down and then a mad prizefight where you don’t even have time to sit down because they’re already trading finishers and it’s fucking awesome.

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

Gang of jobber heels run in after 20 seconds. Old guys flatten them. No match. 

I’d go for both, a short sweet match, post match handshake then the job squad try to be big men and surround them, queue spears and choke slams by the bucketful

I’m so freaking excited now about Friday!!! Never mind ziggler and Corbin.

Supremo, last yEar at wrestlecon I found myself in an elevator with Bills son (about 10) and I told him the exact same thing! Imagine He was your dad...

Edited by Sonny Mustang

10 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

This hot new Tag Team Of Kairi Sane and Asuka??

Nah let’s sack them off because Paige probably isn’t available for the next 3 weeks.

The same go for The Viking Raiders, haven’t been seen in over a month, absolutely hate this wildcard rule.

The wildcard rule has no bearing on those teams disappearing, it’s the same thing as when AOP debuted - they can’t be losing, Vince can’t be arsed doing anything but matches, and there’s no depth to the division... so there’s nothing for them to do until they get the nod to win the titles.