The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

11 hours ago, Supremo said:

Trade punches, Chokeslam reversal, Spear, Jackhammer, Undertaker Kicks out. Goldberg does a shocked face. More brawling, Chokeslam, Tombstone, Goldberg kicks out. Undertaker can’t believe it. Brawl outside, Spear through the barricade, another Jackhammer in the ring, 1...2..3. Goldberg wins in 3 minutes and faces Roman at Summerslam for another brilliant sprint.

Edit: If the Prince demands they go a little longer so he can relive his youth a bit more I will allow them to do that Spear-Reversed-Into-Hells-Gate spot from the Taker vs. Edge matches. They can milk that for a few minutes whilst they check three times that Goldberg’s arm isn’t limp. Anything beyond that though and they’ve lost their minds. Goldberg’s last run was the highlight of the last decade and absolutely no-one looks back at that and thinks, “shame he didn’t go twenty minutes, innit.”

Nobody other than Triple H in 2003 wants to see Goldberg go long. They want the entrance, the stare down and then a mad prizefight where you don’t even have time to sit down because they’re already trading finishers and it’s fucking awesome.

Well that's one of the best and spot on posts of the year. I swear there are still people out there, online, who still don't get Goldberg and still dismiss him because he doesn't go 20 minutes and all that shite. He's a fucking star, simple as. He's unique and special and it's a shame WWE didn't fully see that and use it sooner and he left for a decade.

Even at 51 he's still the man. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, zep81 said:

Well that's one of the best and spot on posts of the year. I swear there are still people out there, online, who still don't get Goldberg and still dismiss him because he doesn't go 20 minutes and all that shite. He's a fucking star, simple as. He's unique and special and it's a shame WWE didn't fully see that and use it sooner and he left for a decade.

Even at 51 he's still the man. 

He did have that match against DDP at Halloween Havoc 98 that went 2 days... 

2 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Has Buddy Murphy appeared on Smackdown yet?

He had a youtube only segment the week he got called up where he came out and challenged Ali to a match for a future show.

Match never happened, Buddy Murphy hadn’t been seen since.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Buddy Murphy hadn’t been seen since.

He was briefly seen in that battle royal last night. Probably still won’t appear on smackdown this week though. 

• Paid Members

I can never figure out whether they’re writing their own stuff, or if similar to Samoa Joe they’re just so talented that they manage to make any old shit work, but New Day are easily the most authentic act in the company. Everything they do and say is totally believable. Big E in particular has developed a real knack for passionate promos. It almost pains me to say it because I love the act so much, but I’m begging for a Big E heel turn leading into a Summerslam Title match with Kofi. You can already tell he’d hit a home run.

Edited by Supremo

Theres definitely a superstar waiting to break out with Big E, i'm not sure a heel turn is the way to go though.

I liked the idea of Brock cashing in on Kofi when Smackdown moves to Fox in October, with Kofi getting a couple of rematches but getting destroyed every time, eventually leading to Big E stepping up and taking the title off Brock, you could maybe have some dissention in the New Day Camp after that.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Theres definitely a superstar waiting to break out with Big E, i'm not sure a heel turn is the way to go though.

I liked the idea of Brock cashing in on Kofi when Smackdown moves to Fox in October, with Kofi getting a couple of rematches but getting destroyed every time, eventually leading to Big E stepping up and taking the title off Brock, you could maybe have some dissention in the New Day Camp after that.

Absolutely spectacular idea. I hadn’t even considered such a direction. The heel turn seemed the only development, but Big E stepping up to the unbeatable monster to avenge his mate is a million times better and utilises his talents much more. It allows him to continue being ridiculously likeable whilst simultaneously cutting those super passionate promos. I’d burst with delight to see him square up to Brock.

It’s funny, really. For as much as Wrestlemania was Kofi’s big moment, I think in retrospect we’ll look back at this time period as being Big E’s coming out party. Some of the promos he’s cut on behalf of Kofi have been amazing and he feels like someone truly finding his groove. That thing he put on Twitter where he hinted at racism being the root cause of Kofi’s treatment was arguably the best thing about the whole storyline and some of the best acting in years. He’s got the chops to be a proper top guy. He deserves all the belts. And Becky Lynch’s mum.

EDIT: Case in point. Big E carries this awesome piece. The guy’s a huge superstar waiting to happen.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

See, if I had faith in WWE to work on a longer term story, you could go down that road with Big E beating Lesnar and eventually Woods trying and failing to emulate his friends in winning the big one. After failing, he could see himself as the weak link and then you can go in a multitude of directions, be it the jealous heel turn or his never-say-die quest to be on the same level at E and Kofi. 

9 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I think it’s very likely that Brock will cash in on the first Fox Smackdown, but I also think you can chart Smackdown’s unfortunate (for me, at least) path to Wrestlemania from there and it involves another Brock/Roman main event.

As for Big E, there’s a ridiculous amount of potential in the guy to be a mainstream level star. Maybe I’m just jaded, but I fear that they’re oblivious to it.

Yeah, I have the same fears with Big E. But then I also think he could well be too good, too charismatic, too likeable to fail also. There’s definite mainstream level megastar potential with him. Big E and Braun Strowman are too absolutely massive blokes that scream WWE, larger than life wrestling, superhuman type bastards that you’d think WWE would be desperate to cement as their next guys. As well as being able to bring the goods in the ring/on WWE TV they both seem like they’d be absolutely superb ambassadors for the company. One of these lads popping up on the talk shows wouldn’t leave viewers thinking “He’s a pro-wrestler!? That’s what they look like these days!?” either. You’d probably instantly assume as much!

• Paid Members

Now it’s in my head, I can’t stop thinking about a scenario where Big E steps up to Brock Lesnar.

Kofi lying dead in the corner, Big E and Xavier crouched and tending to him, Brock laughing and celebrating in the opposite corner. Then slowly, Big E stands up and walks right up to Brock, nose to nose. Fucking hell. Goosebumps. Big E should win the Rumble and face Brock at Mania.