The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It would be very sneaky of Brock to tease cashing in on Rollins week after week, month after month, and then just rock up on Smackers one night and actually cash in on a completely unsuspecting, guard-down Kofi.

I'm 100% up for that. I can't think of anyone else they could have take the belt off Kofi without it seeming like an anti-climax or a massively unpopular decision at this stage.

32 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I thought Smackdown was terrible this week. Even worse than Raw. 

Brock to me will 100% cash in on he first FOX Show, then they will probably tease Brock/Roman all the way to SummerSlam as the headliners on Smackdown. 

WWE starts on Fox in October,  did you mean Wrestlemania?

On 6/13/2019 at 12:43 PM, Briefcase said:

I thought Smackdown was terrible this week. Even worse than Raw. 

Which is indicative of where we are with the company. I haven’t watched any WWE for going on 6 weeks (which is the longest I’ve not watched the company since 1991)  and don’t miss it in the slightest.

For a while (and certainly after the last brand split)  Smackdown was the superior of the 2 shows and the equivalent of a being ‘good hand’ on its worst day.

Now I read or understand that after Roaddog put down the Lead Writer’s pen for the show that the creative teams have all been fully merged? 

If that’s the case, no wonder Smackdown is now been called worse than RAW (even if just for this week)- even with the shorter running time. 

On 6/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, The King of Old School said:

Shane is on a roll, no one on one wins in three years after returning, now three PPV singles wins in a row.

Unfortunately I think it's 100% more likely that Shane wins the WWE Title in time for the Fox move rather than Brock. 

Actually Kofi/Shane followed by a Brock cash-in on the first Fox Smackdown doesn’t seem completely unrealistic.

I would be completely fine with a Shane title win if it was followed by Brock immediately cashing in on him, beating him shitless and giving Shane his comeuppance.

• Awards Moderator

All the bending of rules WWE have established for themselves, like the draft, have kind of washed over me, but when you have a 24/7 Title, and then say “it’s 24/7, except for when we put the champion in a match he’s going to lose, then we’ll ‘suspend’ it”? Bollocksy bollocks to that.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Supremo said:

He’s on my short list for wrestler of the year.

Pun intended?

Spud is just fucking great. The fact he kept on the crop top as well is just aces. I am so glad he is getting a bit of a push, even though it is self created. I just hope it doesn't end up going the way of Ryder when he went over during Z!. He deserves better then that