The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

I still laughed my head off when they first came out and it was Saine and Asuka, and not Io Shirai who she'd been teaming with for months.  They all look the same, right?

I think it's really heartwarming that the WWE seems determined to employ Paige for life.  On the other hand, she's just terrible.

Yeah they had a ready made team in The Sky Pirates but fucked it off, and just throw Kairi with Asuka who I don't think even have much if any history with each other.

Hell, Io and Asuka would have actually made some sense since they teamed on and off for years.

Can't wait until the IIconics beat them.

I don't know if this belongs in here or in some kind of random thoughts thread, but I went to Smackdown this week. It was my first live WWE show in 12 years and it was an interesting experience to see how things are done at the moment.

The most striking thing was that the crowd felt pretty flat the whole night and there didn't seem to be a ton of interest on WWE's end in changing that. I mean, I've been to a few TV tapings in my time - including a few wrestling ones - and one thing they tend to have in common is a genuine effort to get the crowd onside and a recognition of their importance to the show. If it's a comedy show of some sort, you'll often get a warm-up who doubles as an MC, keeping the crowd pepped-up; at some of the wrestling tapings I've been to, there'll be someone connected with the company acting as an MC and essentially appealing to/pleading with the audience to fulfil this crucial role they have in a wrestling show. This whole WWE taping, though, had this vibe like, "we're putting on our television show and you get to be here to see us do it, but we could take you or leave you".

Considering how much WWE play up the importance of the WWE Universe on air, it was pretty surprising that they didn't make more effort to reach out to the crowd. We talk a bunch about ways WWE could make their show better and, as dumb as it sounds, a hype man of sorts working the live shows feels like it could make a notable difference to the atmosphere.

9 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I didn’t watch Smackdown this week, did they just edit crowd noise in as it was pre taped?

I kind of rushed through the TV version, but it just sounded a bit like they adjusted the levels to suit their needs. Lower volume for Roman boos, inflated volume for stuff they're happy with etc. 

I went to Smackdown this week too.  I've been to 29 Smackdowns.  This was one of the worst.  

There was this kid sitting in front of me though, who was amazing.  She was probably about 12.  Not a "smark" as such, but knowledgeable enough that she mentioned Jericho being in AEW when he was shown on the screen, talked about Elias's failed "face turn", talked about "Vince's" reasons for not wanting to Mania in the UK.  Yet, when it mattered, when something in the ring was happening, she cheered, she booed, she made noise, she was excited, she was being friendly to other fans around her.  I just wished all fans were like her.  Have your insider opinions, just keep them to yourself when you're at the show.  Unlike the nob piece who was sitting a few seats down from me at Raw.  Who was everything you think of when you think of wrestling fan.  Didn't shut up through the entire show.  Moaned about every match, moaned about the "booking" of everyone on the show.  Moaned about the lighting.  Moaned about the fact that they do Main Event, although then nearly wet himself with joy during the Revival's match, even though he's "seen this match every week for the last 4 weeks".  Moaned about every single thing that was shown in the screen.  Ugh.  He also laughed after literally everything he said.

• Paid Members

They have Jeremy Borash under contract, don't they? I've been to loads of shows that were massively improved by having him as the hype man. "Loudest cheer gets a free T-shirt," and all that shit. They should send him to the tapings.

• Paid Members
On 5/17/2019 at 7:46 PM, Supremo said:

I've been to loads of shows that were massively improved by having him as the hype man.

WhhoooooooOOOOOOOOOOO wants some backstage passes??

It’s beyond parody that Kofi Kingston climbs the top of the WWE mountain and is still forced to work a program with Dolph Ziggler for the 17,657th time.

@King Pitcos will be delighted!

Also, Dolph with 2.5 acting lessons is way more annoying than regular flavor Ziggler.

Fucking shitarse..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz