The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

They're two whiny heels who are featured heavily on most shows. I don't think they're doing bad. Certainly not being buried or anything.

Haven't they lost two 2 out of 3 falls matches 2-0 this week alone? On top of Zayn losing twice a week for the last month. I was joking about a burial but they're being utterly wasted. Especially shameful considering KO's big comeback was only 3 months ago and Zayn was a great, different heel character only 2 months ago. Now worthless.

9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I just hope it doesn't end up going the way of Ryder when he went over during Z!. He deserves better then that

That’s a cruel wish. You want him to get a nice push, followed by having the rug pulled out from under him and getting the 2012 Zack Ryder spot? Harsh.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Make your mind up ffs 

11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Pun intended?

Spud is just fucking great. The fact he kept on the crop top as well is just aces. I am so glad he is getting a bit of a push, even though it is self created. I just hope it doesn't end up going the way of Ryder when he went over during Z!. He deserves better then that

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

There’s no point quoting a post where you change your mind one sentence later.

Right let me break this down.

Spud has made himself really popular when he was doing not much on WWE TV by posting videos on social media (Just like Zack Ryder did).

Zack Ryder’s suddenly popularity which he created himself via social media, led to a push on TV for a short weeks before creative pushed him back down the card.

i hope the same thing doesn’t happen to Spud because he’s better then that. He deserves a decent push which lasts more then a few weeks.

I know I’m a bit dyslexic and awaiting an Autism diagnosis, but I honestly thought what I had written was clear. Sorry for the confusion. 

59 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Does anyone else struggle to take the Miz seriously as this "fiery babyface" he seems to be portraying?

Bloody awful.

Yep. Turning Miz babyface will always fail. The whole point of The Miz is that he's a gobshite you want to punch. I mean just look at the dude. I'd feel more comfortable cheering Tully Blanchard.

Worst of all though is the fucking Yes kicks. I can't believe he's still doing them, especially now he's face and Bryan's heel. Makes him look like a backyard tribute act to a guy that's still in the bloody company. No wonder he gets pinned twice every week.

I liked the Shane stuff for a bit, but I think a lot of that was because it was one of the better built feuds of a poorly built WrestleMania. Babyface Miz is ultimately shit, though, and exposes his star power for me. As a permanent heel he can be a decent upper card hand when the momentum is there, but only just about and only because he's so good at that role. Honestly, I was just never there with the whole "he could have main evented WrestleMania again" stuff. I think as a heel he carved out a niche and punched way, way above his weight. 

You lose all that when you turn him, though. He goes back to just being one of those wrestlers your dad would laugh at and wonder how he got on the telly. The guy's packed on a bit more muscle since he walked in off a reality show, but there's still the unmistakable sense that he's walked in off a reality show. You're gutting his promo potential as a face. There's never been a match to back it up. How would you ever get around to doing a DVD set of Miz matches? I don't know what the fuck he is in the ring. It's like someone's made a CAW, stuck all the attributes at an even 5, and left Default 01 as the moveset. I know, I said moveset, but you know what I'm getting at. At least you can define a hoss as being such. 

Also the "say goodbye to the good old days" line in his song always stuck in my head as some "the show is shit now and there's nothing you can do about it" barb. Which works if you're a heel. 

Hopefully he does a big, bad turn this year in the most rotten fashion possible. 

He's a good hand, is the Miz.