PowerButchi

The Smackers Thread

2 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Hilarious that the only person in this company that consistently comes across like a 'larger than life' cartoon character is the former Bryan Danielson. I'd imagine he has some creative sway over what he's been doing since he re-signed. 

Of course he does. All of the main event level talent do. But most of them seem to just be happy going out there doing workrate suicide dives. Bryan’s influences and pre-WWE experiences were a lot more diverse than the likes of Balor and Rollins had, weren’t they?

It probably helps Bryan a lot that Vince and the audience can easily buy into the annoying eco-warrior villain gimmick, while most wrestlers might not have ideas that have a hook like that.

Edited by King Pitcos

Spoilered because Kairi and Asuka have been given a wonderfully racist team name. 

The Kabuki Warriors

Come on then, let's come up with something worse than that. Chopsocky Chumps? Kung Po Power? Jap and Tickle? Ching and Chong? 

I'd ask which member of the writing team thought up that idea and thought it was quality, but really what I should be asking is why HHH isn't trying harder to get the old, out of touch racist PR disaster into a retirement complex? 

17 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Spoilered because Kairi and Asuka have been given a wonderfully racist team name. 

Hide contents

The Kabuki Warriors

Come on then, let's come up with something worse than that. Chopsocky Chumps? Kung Po Power? Jap and Tickle? Ching and Chong? 

Whorient Express

Wok and Wol Express

Legion of Womb

The Bushwhackers

For what it's worth, Asuka and Kairi have apparently chosen the name themselves; Paige said they wanted "Kabuki Girls" and it was changed to Kabuki Warriors.

4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

For what it's worth, Asuka and Kairi have apparently chosen the name themselves; Paige said they wanted "Kabuki Girls" and it was changed to Kabuki Warriors.

Or they were given a list of Kabuki Themed names and were told to pick one and still got told No.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I don't even hate the name. What I do hate is the awful, cloth-eared 'mash up' theme music and the cringe inducing anti-chemistry with Paige. Really lowered my interest in them. Lazy as fuck all round.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash