AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

One thing about AEW, and most pro wrestling in general post 2019, is the sheer lack of ring time. Never in history have wrestlers wrestled less. Now dont get me wrong, I'm not advocating wrestling 350+ days a year (and there are obvious benefits to wrestling less like overall health) but working so little means someone like Jade will take much longer to develop.

Previously she would, theoretically, have been working 3-4 times a week every week against the likes of a Serena Deeb or Thunder Rosa to get experience which only comes from working in the ring. 

I'm sure she'll get there but a general lack of ring time and quality opponents who can give her on the job training means that at this point her inexperience is being horribly overexposed. 

Are you suggesting that the AEW rosteronly work Wednesdays and ocassionally Friday and the once a month at Universal? What do you think they are doing the rest of the time?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I think the suggestion is that AEW don't do a house show tour like WWE, so your other experience will be doing indy bookings which as far as I know Jade Cargill hasn't been doing - with her non-AEW time spent on other work.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I don't think I've seen anything better than a passable match from Ruby so not sure where this idea that she's some great worker comes from

Seems to mostly come from other wrestlers (presumably her mates) raving about how great she is on Twitter after she was released from WWE and fans believing the hype. Definitely no actual evidence that she's any better than average. Also the punk rock gimmick is the dullest gimmick a wrestler can have.

Edited by LaGoosh

Thought Page vs Danielson was excellent and had everything you want in a big title match. Marked out for Bryan's "stomping foot" headbutts. They look and sound so much better than the nasty shoot style ones. Only thing I thought was missing is the post-match handshake, which would further cement Page as the guy and move Bryan out of this heel role, which, while he's bloody great at it, really isn't doing his opponents any favours. 

Very annoying having to sit through Chris Jericho to get five seconds of Eddie Kingston. Where is this going? If Kingston vs Jericho is the play, hopefully someone has the balls to tell Chris he's the bloody heel in that one.

I'm glad Jade thought better of going to the top rope to hit her finish. Why would you even put that spot in the match? My blood froze watching that. Just like when Sting nearly slipped climbing the turnbuckle the other week. I mean, I'm sure Sting probably thinks it's 1988 and he can hit a cross body to the outside no problem. Does he need to though? There's a lot of big spots and risks being taken that seem unnecessary. The very same match had MJF inches away from ending his career/life. Starks and Archer fucked their necks not long beforehand. Not to mention the Hardy incident and the Dark Order guy lying unconscious while everyone wrestled around him. I dunno, man. It just feels like there's a lack of accountability in AEW when it comes to safety, and it puts me on edge. Like someone getting seriously fucked is an inevitability.

Urgh. That Jade spot rubbed me the wrong way.

That was all before I logged and found out Fenix had hurt himself too! In fairness, that was more a freak thing. Still, I'd love it if AEW could get through one episode without breaking a table.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

They proper couldn’t be arsed with the judges gimmick, could they?

Like, I get they were a red herring, but at least get them a separate table. 

Also, Bryan cashed in his MITB against Henry and his first PPV title defence was against Henry and Show in a triple threat. I get no one cares, but that bothered me 😂

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Are you suggesting that the AEW rosteronly work Wednesdays and ocassionally Friday and the once a month at Universal? What do you think they are doing the rest of the time?

In Jade Cargill's case - not working in front of a live crowd against more experienced wrestlers.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

Maki Itoh's been talking about coming back to AEW lately, could be a funny match that doesn't need "workrate" and ends with her getting destroyed. I'd be happy just seeing her murder people for a long while until a big threat turns up.

Edited by Merzbow

What’s wrong with MJF’s hands?

They finally did a DQ*! And it worked to further the story! There doesn’t have to be a winner & loser every match after all 

Jericho can’t give anyone shit about their heads when he’s sporting the worst dye job since Paul McCartney at the Golden Jubilee Concert.

They totally TNA-ed it by having Jade win and become the first TBS Champion, only to 15 seconds later send it to a pre-tape because apparently Deeb and Shida have to have another match (how many is that now? 3? 4?)

A much improved show over the last few weeks though.

* For all I know, they may have done DQs on Dark or Elevation, but they’re  not the proper shows so who cares

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

On that note, loving how everyone's just ignoring Pillman vs Black. I was almost into it, and I wish that was the planned ending as I'd love that storyline of Pillman Jr being shite at flyin'.

Black stood out to me this week. I was watching with my headphones on and his entrance with all that screaming felt properly creepy.

MJF vs Punk at WrestleMania then? Sort of felt like it a bit! If they’d only had a sign to point at.

Happy for Jungle Jack winning a title. I wondered beforehand if they’d win and I was right! Hadn’t clocked the Felix injury at all until I read this thread. Yuck.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator