AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Pinc said:

No obvious next move for Danielson but a TNT title run makes too much sense to not happen soon, surely?

I think he's above the TNT title. It would be fun to watch him demolish Cody to win it, though. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I think he's above the TNT title. It would be fun to watch him demolish Cody to win it, though. 

Danielson, the man who loves competition and wrestling, getting a chance to every week show off (if he remains heel) that he's the best technical wrestler on the planet by beating everyone until someone getting a push dethrones him. 

Sounds bloody perfect for 2022.

• Paid Members

It would get him on TV and do a nice job of showcasing him. If anybody could elevate that title it'd be him as well. 

I've recently been tuning into Dynamite and actually I've been really impressed (generally).

Cole vs Cassidy was a really decent TV match though I missed Danielson vs Page by a week. 

Just a few thoughts:

I am unsure whether I "get" Page as champion. The cowboy gimmick just feels, unrealistic. I hope this will change over time though. I would much prefer him as a challenger. Plus that shirt with the flowers was nauseating! 

I love Dan Lambert. His approach feels really organic. That said, what the hell is Scorpio Sky doing? Last time I caught AEW was in the first months of its beginning. He went from a semi serious guy to a hammy, over-acting goofball. What happened? Did I miss something? It is a bit embarrassing. My wife was like "WTF is he doing all that body movement for?"

Love Jungle Boy and Darby. Sting still has a knack even if he is in his 60s. 

MJF is just great. I am not totally sold on him as a worker but I really enjoy his back and forth with Punk. 

Also what is up with Brandi Rhodes? Am I supposed to like or hate her? Cos she has a face you wanna see bashed in by Nyla Rose and I am not sure why. I suspect its the smarmy, smug look she has. 

All in all really liking what I am seeing. They need to do something more productive with Sky/Ethan though, it feels a bit MEH.

Edited by Michael_3165

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I've recently been tuning into Dynamite and actually I've been really impressed (generally).

Cole vs Cassidy was a really decent TV match though I missed Danielson vs Page by a week. 

Just a few thoughts:

I am unsure whether I "get" Page as champion. The cowboy gimmick just feels, unrealistic. I hope this will change over time though. I would much prefer him as a challenger. Plus that shirt with the flowers was nauseating! 

I love Dan Lambert. His approach feels really organic. That said, what the hell is Scorpio Sky doing? Last time I caught AEW was in the first months of its beginning. He went from a semi serious guy to a hammy, over-acting goofball. What happened? Did I miss something?

So firstly, yeah, you’ve missed 18 months worth of Dynamite. You missed Scorpio Sky move away from SCU, and you’ve also missed the 18 months build up to Page becoming champion and why it and he are a big deal.

Also, assuming you watched on ITV, Page v Danielson 2 will be on ITV 4 tonight, or ITV next week.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So firstly, yeah, you’ve missed 18 months worth of Dynamite. You missed Scorpio Sky move away from SCU, and you’ve also missed the 18 months build up to Page becoming champion and why it and he are a big deal.

Also, assuming you watched on ITV, Page v Danielson 2 will be on ITV 4 tonight, or ITV next week.

Yes I know. I'm asking if there is a reason sky is acting weird. 

9 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Yes I know. I'm asking if there is a reason sky is acting weird. 

Not really, it’s just what he does now. They’ve been stop-start with him a few times now, almost as if they don’t know what to do with him nor does Sky seem to know exactly what he wants to be.

Ive seen the finish to Jade/Ruby a bunch of times now and it annoys more & more each time. Yeah, Jade is still as green as grass, but 11 months and 23 matches into her career she sits out perfectly on that move. Ruby Soho, 11 fucking years in the business, takes the majority of it on her knees and then pretty much face-plants the rest

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Did like the tag teams coming out at the end of the title match and all the others dotted around the arena. Gave it that 'top of the mountain now.....but look who's coming for you' type image. Be an interesting few months in the division 

14 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Not really, it’s just what he does now. They’ve been stop-start with him a few times now, almost as if they don’t know what to do with him nor does Sky seem to know exactly what he wants to be.

I can’t say I agree with the last part of that, I think Sky and Page were one of the unexpected success stories of 2021.  They’re an absolute blast together, and I’m completely in favour of them having a tag title run in the near future.

10 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I can’t say I agree with the last part of that, I think Sky and Page were one of the unexpected success stories of 2021.  They’re an absolute blast together, and I’m completely in favour of them having a tag title run in the near future.

Success stories? Really? I'm all for guilty pleasures, and a big page fan but they've 0 chemistry and have done absolutely nothing of note while Lambert yaps on. To me it got tiresome a long time ago sadly. Split em and let Page do his thing.

Edited by boyfriend