AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Just because Tony hasn't signed anyone for 5 minutes..

I only really heard of him in WWE and he didn't seem to have much going on. Anyone know much more about him?

In other news it's the debut on TBS tomorrow so we're getting some good shit.

3 guest judges for Hangman vs Danielson. After all the guessing of top quality ex champions and everyone like that, they've announced the first judge..

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Paid Members

I’m assuming Caster is joking.

I liked the idea of the judges being the three previous champions - Jericho, Moxley and Omega, and then you can offshoot feuds based on that. Danielson can go after all of them one by one if he doesn’t win.

I only saw it pop up on news sites who seemed to be running with it. Hopefully it is a joke as it seems like an odd choice.

Should be a great show to kick off this year. Not sure about Ruby/Jade. I've got no real interest in seeing Ruby win but Jade isn't anywhere near being ready to be in that position either.

• Paid Members

If Caster is a judge they might as well stick QT Marshall and Billy Gunn out there as well. If they were looking for former world champions on the tester they could have used Show, Sting and at a push Taz, or had Omega return to play into some intrigue. You'd have thought they could have tried to fly Bret Hart in again, maybe seen how Steamboat was doing and whether he's fit to be there, likewise Barry Windham seeing as he's a former NWA world champion. 

7 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Sammy vs Cody is happening again at Battle of the Belts. Maybe they put the belt on Cody just so they could have Sammy win it back and give the first of their TNT quarterly specials a 'big moment'. 

I hadn’t realised until googling it that Battle of the Belts is this weekend, I had no idea. I realise they had the first TBS show to hype, but I expected it to feel more of blockbuster than it actually does.

• Paid Members

Why not just have the first match at Battle Of The Belts rather than hotshot ting it back and forth? I still have a feeling they keep it on Cody until Go Big Show has finished, then he drops it to somebody and disappears to film the next series or to promote the next series of Rhodes To The Top. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I hadn’t realised until googling it that Battle of the Belts is this weekend, I had no idea. I realise they had the first TBS show to hype, but I expected it to feel more of blockbuster than it actually does.

I was surprised to see that it was only a 1 hour show, they've been hyping Britt/Riho for a while now, with Cody/Sammy added, they'll probably add a third and final match after Dynamite.

• Paid Members

There's meant to be a world title match as well isn't there? Presumably they set that up on Dynamite this week. 

8 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Sammy vs Cody is happening again at Battle of the Belts. Maybe they put the belt on Cody just so they could have Sammy win it back and give the first of their TNT quarterly specials a 'big moment'. 

This will be where we get the pedigree and Cody dismissing Arn to end the show 

7 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

There's meant to be a world title match as well isn't there? Presumably they set that up on Dynamite this week. 

When Battle of the Belts was announced the assumption made was that all the titles would be on the line. Then it was found out to only be an hour. Later followed by some quotes from TK that confirmed not all the titles would be defended. I don't think it's really been clarified that Battle of the Belts is a one off or the branding of the TNT specials akin to Clash of Champions.

Anyway, with Hangman v. Danielson II on Wednesday. I don't see them having a World Title match on Saturday.

I'm wondering if they will do a Buy-In for Battle of the Beltis or just tape Dark/Elevation?

• Paid Members

I think it was the way they showed all the champions on the graphic for it led people to believe that all the titles would be on the line, but there's a 60 minute time limit usually for their title maches, so they'd have needed at least a 3 hour show for kayfabe reasons, and then other matches ready to go in between "just in case"?