AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

https://411mania.com/wrestling/tony-khan-one-of-dream-signings-coming-aew-pretty-soon/

Given how mediocre the recent signing flurry has been, who do we think he's referring to here? Rotunda? Danhausen? 

Given the amount of depth they have in the mid/upper card at the moment I'm at a loss as to where either of those would fit in.

8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

There's meant to be a world title match as well isn't there? Presumably they set that up on Dynamite this week. 

Surely there won't be, there just isn't enough time. I could see them running long with Danielson/Page again, and using that as an excuse to bump the tag title match to Battle of the Belts, though. 

https://411mania.com/wrestling/tony-khan-one-of-dream-signings-coming-aew-pretty-soon/

Given how mediocre the recent signing flurry has been, who do we think he's referring to here? Rotunda? Danhausen? 

Given the amount of depth they have in the mid/upper card at the moment I'm at a loss as to where either of those would fit in.

When he's talking about a "dream signing", I can't imagine it'll be anyone other than a legend. My guess would be, unfortunately, that he feels like enough time has passed for them to bring Ric Flair in. 

Edited by RedRooster

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

When he's talking about a "dream signing", I can't imagine it'll be anyone other than a legend. My guess would be, unfortunately, that he feels like enough time has passed for them to bring Ric Flair in. 

It was only social media, but I remember their Twitter account retweeting Flair recently. I think it was after the Sting/Darby/CM Punk match.

Andrade has also been promoting him as well. It wouldn't shock me at this point :(

Keith Lee seemed like a lock for a major WWE career - just those few minutes in there with Lesnar showed he had the gravitas to be the man.  No idea what happened - he's had health issues right?

Nevertheless - there are TOO MANY people on the AEW roster, particularly ones who I imagine expect themselves to be main eventers.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Going by how he hyped up Christians debut, its probably Steve Lombardi. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Surely there won't be, there just isn't enough time. I could see them running long with Danielson/Page again, and using that as an excuse to bump the tag title match to Battle of the Belts, though. 

This was my thought too, especially when Andrade confronted Darby & Sting on Rampage last week. Andrade/Flair vs Darby/Sting feud to see us through to Revolution.

Would set up some Sting/Flair segments too which I just think they are desperate to do to be honest, especially now that they are TBS.

Edited by The King of Old School

2 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

There were too many people on the AEW roster even before Danielson, Punk and Cole arrived. And they have continued to sign people since then.

I'm not sure many people will agree with me here, but I honestly wouldn't be against some form of roster split. They have enough in the way of talent to make it work, it would drastically reduce the number of multi-person matches and feuds, give the women more time to be prominent parts of each show, give emerging stars like Wardlow, Jungle Boy, The Acclaimed, Ricky Starks and Hook the opportunity to feature more prominently and give interesting characters like Black, Eddie Kingston and Miro the chance to play a more pivotal part in their respective shows. 

• Paid Members

That's almost what they do with these different tiers for Dark, Elevation and Dynamite/Rampage isn't it? 

I wouldn't be averse to Rampage being wholly given over to the Codyverse so I can stop watching it.