AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I can’t say I agree with the last part of that, I think Sky and Page were one of the unexpected success stories of 2021.  They’re an absolute blast together, and I’m completely in favour of them having a tag title run in the near future.

Have to disagree. Maybe if they had left them alone with Page as the mouth, but they have lost all their feuds and have Dan Lambert doing all their talking still even after the mma feud ended. Neither are further up the card than when they started teaming. 

Edited by Louch

11 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I've enjoyed a lot of his work but Lambert is definitely approaching oh just fuck off already heat.

Would have benefited from a long break imo.

His misogynistic comments make it uncomfortable watching tbh. No need to be insinuating such stuff. Him and Chris Jericho really do pull down the tone and drag wrestling back 20 years. AEW started off better than this and I wish it'd stop.

10 hours ago, boyfriend said:

Success stories? Really? I'm all for guilty pleasures, and a big page fan but they've 0 chemistry and have done absolutely nothing of note while Lambert yaps on. To me it got tiresome a long time ago sadly. Split em and let Page do his thing.

I think Sky and Page are really good together, but I agree with you and @Louch about Lambert, to a degree. He was decent enough at first, but he very much dominates that act, unintentionally (I assume) making them feel like lackeys.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

Agree with the need for Jericho to move on at the end of his contract. Whether that call gets made or not is another story. 

Cargill has a great look, has star quality, but has really poor ring work. I'd still have picked her to win the title over Ruby though, no doubt about that. The bigger problem is there isn't really enough talent for a second women's belt. Maybe this will speed up the process of looking for said talent. 

Unfortunately I had the tag title and the world title matches spoiled for me. Despite that, the world title match was an absolute blinder, as you would expect. The judges kind of surprised me, I did think one of them would be someone that would have storyline direction with either Danielson or Page going forward. As it is, there still could be something there but I wouldn't expect it based on who the judges ended up being. 

I hope to fuck Adam Cole isn't Page's next long term feud. Maybe a one and done win for Page on the next destination Dynamite or something but hopefully that's all. Speaking of a destination Dynamite. . .Beach Break. In Ohio in January. What the fuck? Surely Cleveland is ball freezing weather at that time of the year. Any header away to the beach up there in January needs locked up. 

6 hours ago, AshC said:

Is there too much AEW now? I know people will say "don't watch it, then", but it's only naturally going to dilute the Dynamite show.

I have been feeling this way. Rampage is generally skippable (apart from the Hook matches) but I didn’t think I’d be pick and choosing what to watch from the company when I think back to points where I was even watching ‘Road to’ videos on their YouTube.

I think the ending of AEW’s greatest story and the excitement of the new arrivals now becoming part of the weekly furniture has let a bit of the air out of the balloon too but I’m confident it’ll only be a matter of time before they hit their stride again. 

Edited by Sexy Dad

6 hours ago, AshC said:

Is there too much AEW now? I know people will say "don't watch it, then", but it's only naturally going to dilute the Dynamite show.

You mean Dynamite that's had the likes of Dustin Rhodes v. Nick Comorato as a main event is now diluted? I think people forget the amount of crap Dynamite has put on. It's the lull before a PPV. They haven't decided what they're fully building towards, and they're missing people like Mox that would have some ongoing storyline to give the show some structure.

Rampage is only an hour. I would say it's been a net gain in adding some depth rather than diluting Dynamite.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, AshC said:

Definitely. Dynamite and Dark were enough, but now with Dark Elevation, Rampage and the Saturday Specials I'm finding I can't even be bothered with Dynamite week to week now and will skim through it. I almost never bother with Rampage unless there's a match I want to see (Hook), and I can't remember the last time I bothered with Dark or Elevation.

• Paid Members

I've never watched an episode of Dark or Elevation, they always struck me as being like Heat/Velocity/Main Event etc. Dynamite & Rampage being Nitro and Thunder will do me for now. 

I greatly enjoyed Dark originally. It was a free B show that usually featured whatever top stars they didn't use on that weeks Dynamite.

Like one week it had Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela in a hardcore match.

But yeah I'm nearly 40 with a daughter. I'm not 16 year old Andy that could consume a RAW, Smackdown, Heat and Superstars every week. Hell, even guaranteeing a one hour window a week is a push sadly.

Kenny v. Janela happened on the first few Dark shows.

The last few full Dark shows before COVID hit had the following cards:

• Colt Cabana v. Peter Avalon
  • Hybrid2 v. Brandon Cutler & Michael Nakazawa
  • Penelope Ford v. Riho
  • Christopher Daniels v. Stu Grayson

• Jurassic Express v. Kip Sabian & Peter Avalon
  • Jimmy Havoc v. Severino Corrente
  • Hikaru Shida v. Abadon
  • Private Party v. Brandon Cutler & Sonny Kiss

• Luther v. Sonny Kiss
  • Evil Uno & Stu Grayson v. Michael Nakazawa & Peter Avalon
  • Britt Baker v. Miranda Alize
  • Private Party v. Brandon Cutler & Shawn Spears

Like a lot of 'B' shows it devolved into largely undercard performers. If people were still making Dark a weekly viewing by that point, I can't imagine they're the ones complaining about Rampage coming along.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, AshC said:

No. I think there's just the right amount. Dark & Elevation are C shows and if you don't watch them it makes no difference. Rampage is a fun B show that again isn't really essential but is usually enjoyable. Dynamite is as mixed a bag as it's always been but as a casual fan you can easily get by on just watching Dynamite. If you think there's too much AEW the real answer is you're probably just a bit bored of AEW.