AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

I'm not surprised by that reaction to Jade winning the title after what Swole tweeted out, I think I even mentioned it in the thread. It is too early. I wonder whether they'll try and put her in there with Hikaru Shida to try and get a decent match out of her. It's a shame Serena Deeb is a heel at the moment as she might be able to drag a decent match out of her as well. I agree that she does need to spend some time squashing people and getting some in ring experience. 

43 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Lashley and Big E have main evented the last couple of pay-per-views, Xavier Woods is King of the Ring, Omos is getting a push, the New Day are a regular fixture, Bianca Belair's been presumably still booked pretty strong, Lashley got the feud with Goldberg, and so on.

Omos and Bianca Blair being the only real new acts. The New Day debuted in 2014 and predating that they all had different runs on TV. Lashley had his next big thing run in mid-00s WWE, only to dip out try MMA. Finally gain some credibility with the IWC during his TNA run. Then back onto the big WWE stage.

29 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Omos and Bianca Blair being the only real new acts. The New Day debuted in 2014 and predating that they all had different runs on TV. Lashley had his next big thing run in mid-00s WWE, only to dip out try MMA. Finally gain some credibility with the IWC during his TNA run. Then back onto the big WWE stage.

Big E may not be a 'new act' but it's not like he's had a main event run before. And what they've been doing with Lashley is by far the best thing they've ever done with him.

Just to add this is the first time I've felt like I actually have any interest in Lesnar vs Lashley. Before when people mentioned it as a dream match I couldn't care less because Lashley was really fucking boring. But now? This version of him? Absolutely.

Edited by DavidB6937

• Paid Members

That title match was great. I really liked the story. 

Punk costing MJF the match was brilliant. I can't wait until they do actually wrestle each other, but at the same time, but I'm also really enjoying their back and forth as well. The match with Wardlow will be interesting. I wonder whether something will backfire to feed further into the turn. 

I didn't need that Cody fluff piece. Hopefully it doesn't become a weekly occurrence. 

I hope Jericho doesn't break a sweat or he's going to end up unwittingly doing blackface. Not that it'd bother him. 

That TBS title match was pretty boring. I guess we've got a Ruby/Rosa Vs Jade/Mercedes tag match to come. Ruby's whole gimmick seems to be "sell the arm, snatch the win out of nowhere." as it's been the story of most of her matches in the tournament. Plus the most visually obvious but quietest thigh slaps in the world when she does any kicks. Hopefully Hiraku Shida gets a TBS title shot as she might be able to drag a decent match out of Cargill, but she has to finish feuding with Serena Deeb first, and I'm not in any rush for that to be over. 

You can put all the "Flyin' Brian" graphics you want on the big screen, ut. Ruan Pillman Jr isn't his dad. He has his moments, but Pillman classic was in a class of his own. Julia Hart looked like she was falling asleep at ringside. Bit of a nothing match. 

I hope Fenix can come back from that arm injury. Fortunately it was part of the finish. Its good to see Jungle Boy as champion, and Luchasaurus is a heck. Of a character for the kids, but obviously isn't thel "big man" they always try and  him over as on commentary. I guess the question now it when does Christian turn, and who do they team him with to challenge them? 

World title match was great and I dug the blade jobs. One of those lovely wrestling moments where you're hoping that they'll be able to continue despite the blood loss, just as you would watching a real fight. Fiction and reality all pulling in the same direction.

No obvious next move for Danielson but a TNT title run makes too much sense to not happen soon, surely?