The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

I’m still not convinced I’d enjoy seeing her in AEW but the way her having one foot out the door is already the most interesting thing she’s ever done? 

I'm really curious about what a non-WWE Charlotte would look like. She's never worked anywhere else, and by her own account basically couldn't name any wrestlers who weren't her dad before she started training. She's as complete a WWE creation as has ever existed. Yet even in that environment she's knocked about Kairi Sane while she was half-conscious, and picked up a reputation for working stiff and being fairly uncompromising. God knows what she'd be in a situation where she can really throw her weight around about being a real star. 

Some wrestlers in WWE you can tell there's untapped potential waiting to be discovered if they work elsewhere. With Charlotte I really have no idea what there is to her outside the WWE model. 

I honestly didn't think Charlotte would go anywhere. As others have said, she seemed so WWE that it felt like it'd be crazy. But with Andrade gone and now her dad gone it seems like it might actually happen? I can't help but think she'd benefit from it. Going out in the world and working different crowds and learning different styles etc has to be a good thing right? I just don't know anymore.

• Paid Members

I wonder whether she's got an eye on working with Tessa Blanchard because she knows what a potential draw it could be in the right place. 

• Paid Members

She's been travelling around with Andrade a lot judging by his social media, to shows both sides of the border. Presumably she won't be able to keep that up anywhere near as much as WWE return to a more regular schedule, and she might decide she likes one a lot more than the other, who knows?

If I were WWE I'd be trademarking "Ashley Flair" right now out of spite. Although actual WWE management presumably don't dislike Charlotte as much as I do.

3 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Where has the thought of Charlotte leaving coming from? Genuinely don't see that happening, or at least not in the near future anyway. 

It's nothing but speculation really. 

As for the future, nobody knows but I could see her playing hardball whenever her contract is up. 

She's probably the only woman I see Vince going all out to keep in the company.

Echo the thoughts on Goldberg's spear, it looked so bad. 

I enjoy Charlotte, she's a star, the booking sometimes is horrendous,  as is some of the marerial she is given to deliver on the mic. I'm not sure how the financial side of things work, or what she is currently getting paid, but if anyone else does, any chance working with AEW and independent shows could cover it?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gooner said:

Echo the thoughts on Goldberg's spear, it looked so bad. 

I enjoy Charlotte, she's a star, the booking sometimes is horrendous,  as is some of the marerial she is given to deliver on the mic. I'm not sure how the financial side of things work, or what she is currently getting paid, but if anyone else does, any chance working with AEW and independent shows could cover it?

Yeah, I would think so. AEW would pay her a good whack, she could work elsewhere too, she could keep the money from Twitch, Cameo, PWTees, etc. Someone else would need to confirm but I think she'd still get a WWE royalty cheque too, she'd work far less, be with her family and be able to do outside projects. I don't see her leaving but it's not a huge step down.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Yeah, I would think so. AEW would pay her a good whack, she could work elsewhere too, she could keep the money from Twitch, Cameo, PWTees, etc. Someone else would need to confirm but I think she'd still get a WWE royalty cheque too, she'd work far less, be with her family and be able to do outside projects. I don't see her leaving but it's not a huge step down.

I keep repeating this point, but I think the WWE is genuinely going down a dark path here and can't even see it. The fact they continue to play hardball with talent, such as the Twitch clampdown, genuinely baffles me.

For the best part of 20 years if you wanted to wrestle in big arenas and make good money from PPV you had to be signed with WWE. The only alternatives, mainly ROH and TNA, weren't offering that.

But now AEW can offer almost everything the WWE can, only with much more freedom thrown in. AEW may not have done a stadium show yet, but there's very little difference in terms of a visual produce. Its not like it would be a massive climbdown based on most metrics anyway.

I think I'm right in believing the WWE payscale to be generally above AEW's, but it doesn't seem that morale is great and not many WWE personnel are enjoying going to work at the moment. Is that difference worthwhile if the talent are creatively frustrated and confined to the WWE bubble while they see their contemporaries travelling back and forth, sometimes between various companies, and generally having fun?

The WWE is skating on thin ice really, fine those TV deals are worth mega millions but there is zero momentum behind that company, literally every other promotion seems more interesting atm. 

If that fanbase continues to ebb away then it will be fun come renewal time, and the emperor may be slightly underdressed at least.

Edited by garynysmon

9 hours ago, garynysmon said:

The WWE is skating on thin ice really, fine those TV deals are worth mega millions but there is zero momentum behind that company, literally every other promotion seems more interesting atm. 

That's the point, the money is already in the bank. They don't give a fuck.

• Paid Members

I've seen various journalists point this out, but it rings true with the company's behaviour. WWE doesn't worry about anything except their profitability. It will only be once their bottom line is affected that any action will be taken to arrest the creative slide the company has slipped into.

After twenty years with virtually no viable competition they don't think like they did during the rivalry with WCW. It's a business above all else, and the only factor that is important is what is at the bottom of that balance sheet. Unless that takes a hit, don't expect anything to change. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I keep repeating this point, but I think the WWE is genuinely going down a dark path here and can't even see it. The fact they continue to play hardball with talent, such as the Twitch clampdown, genuinely baffles me.

If you assume their intention is to make the company look as profitable as possible, it all makes perfect sense. They're not playing a long-term game. They're playing a short-term game and their audience is entirely business-to-business, and their goal is to sell for the largest amount possible.

Momentum and the future? That's the next guy's problem.