The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Just now, Sergio Bellend said:

I mean he’s still going, not sure about the ‘strong’ bit. 

I think you'll find he's one of the most underrated stars in wrestling history and should definitely have been champ as many times as Ric Flair at least.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I think you'll find he's one of the most underrated stars in wrestling history and should definitely have been champ as many times as Ric Flair at least.

Ziggler was challenging for a world title in early 2011. He’s doing the same thing nine and a half years later and his position or status on the card hasn’t really changed in that time. Hogan’s whole WCW career can fit in that nine and a half year gap. Stone Cold’s entire WWE career. Batista’s entire first run. Shawn Michaels’ whole post-retirement run. Edge’s retirement itself for that matter, the guy who was beating Ziggler in those title matches in 2011. I thought their Rumble ‘11 match was great but since then it’s been nearly a decade of stagnation for Dolph. I fully expect he’ll be doing the same thing five years from now.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Ziggler was challenging for a world title in early 2011. He’s doing the same thing nine and a half years later and his position or status on the card hasn’t really changed in that time. Hogan’s whole WCW career can fit in that nine and a half year gap. Stone Cold’s entire WWE career. Batista’s entire first run. Shawn Michaels’ whole post-retirement run. Edge’s retirement itself for that matter, the guy who was beating Ziggler in those title matches in 2011. I thought their Rumble ‘11 match was great but since then it’s been nearly a decade of stagnation for Dolph. I fully expect he’ll be doing the same thing five years from now.

We have a winner for the Champions Interest Killer thread. 

Ziggler is one of the few that made the mistake around 2011/12 of thinking being "smart" with fans would get him over in lieu of making an effort or trying to develop his character. Zack Ryder without the intelligence. Same look, style and honking dress sense but hasn't got himself over and never will. 

Booking only gets you so far. You still have to pick the ball up and run. Ziggler was judt happy have the ball.

9 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

They should try having him wrestle Kofi. That'll help.

• Paid Members

Haven't said this much about the fella in the past, but Lashley looked badass with the blood all over his chest.

Actually hope they go back to him and Drew for SummerSlam, thought there was plenty more legs in that.

Has it actually been acknowledged on TV (or indeed anywhere) why Extreme Rules has gained "The Horror Show" as a subtitle? Assuming it's going to be the stip name for the (likely "cinematic") match between Strowman & Bray Wyatt v2.0 (v1 was the creepy cult fella in NXT, before he gained spooky-dooky powers for some reason) but I'm not sure that match has even been formally announced yet, let alone the stip?

• Paid Members
On 7/1/2020 at 10:02 AM, Statto said:

Haven't said this much about the fella in the past, but Lashley looked badass with the blood all over his chest.

Actually hope they go back to him and Drew for SummerSlam, thought there was plenty more legs in that.

I can't quite figure out why they have dropped it (for now at least, anyway). Drew vs Lashley at the last PPV was much better than I expected it to be, with Lashley looking the business these days as a heel. Now all of a sudden, Dolph drops in to pop a pin in the balloon.

Once Drew gets through with Dolph, I'm guessing Orton is next on his list. Maybe they are just trying to keep Lashley strong and don't want to sacrifice him just yet, as he'd likely have to lose fairly cleanly to McIntyre in a return match. Instead though, McIntyre will be brought down a notch by this association with Ziggler again, even if he just pisses right through him. It just screams mid-card.

• Paid Members

First Raw I’ve watched in its entirety for more than a year and I must say, I quite enjoyed it.

Heath Slaters promo was surprisingly good and I felt quite bad for him that he didn’t get more of a showing in the match. 

That new US title looks very nice, much better than the IC title over on Smackdown. I’m that out of the loop that I didn’t even realise MVP was the champ.

Zelina Vega looked amazing and Angel Garza just has that star quality, if only he was bigger he would be a top star.

I read that this was Kairis last show before returning to Japan, but they didn’t seem to write her off. Maybe something happened I missed because the stream I watched was all over the place. 

Only downside for me was Seth Rollins, he’s just so boring even in the Monday Night Messiah gimmick. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention what the hell was up with Drews face? I couldn’t work out if it was the eyebrows or overly dyed beard but he looked odd. Mind you, compared with Dolphs straitened hair that made him look like Worzel Gummidge, you can’t really complain.

Edited by Nick James