The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

5 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Kairi Sane was a huge let down. Her elbow drop wasn't as good as Youtube had us believe either. 

I think it was a struggle for her to get over as the babyface she needed to be because of the language barrier. It can be difficult for talent to make that genuine connection with the audience without being able to communicate verbally too well. At least with Asuka you've got a legit badass there with a little crazy too and she's quite entertaining. I'm not sure they ever found enough about Kairi to book her in such a way as to cover up those gaps. Like why was she a pirate anyway? I feel like I don't know any more about her now than when she first started.

What a really anticlimactic way to write off Sane.

Surely they could of either built to a "last chance" showdown against either Asuka, or do a double championship evening with Asuka and Sane against Bailey and Banks for the championships. A bit of build would of made it all the better and it's not like this came out of the blue or anything.

Or fuck, take advantage of the Social Distancing era and film vignettes and a match and air it at Summerslam. 

But nah... beat Bailey the week before, then an injury angle and bye bye. Bizarre. 

1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

What a really anticlimactic way to write off Sane.

Surely they could of either built to a "last chance" showdown against either Asuka, or do a double championship evening with Asuka and Sane against Bailey and Banks for the championships. A bit of build would of made it all the better and it's not like this came out of the blue or anything.

Or fuck, take advantage of the Social Distancing era and film vignettes and a match and air it at Summerslam. 

But nah... beat Bailey the week before, then an injury angle and bye bye. Bizarre. 

Seems like a lot of effort to put into someone that wasn't that over in the first place. Not that bizarre really.

Better show this week, bit more focus and stuff moving forward.

Mcintyre/Orton is pretty much the biggest match they could do at the moment so it’s a decent main event for SummerSlam.

I assume Mark Henry showing up randomly and Ron Simmons being there last week means the new Nation faction is still at least on the table, not sure how they get there from him just chatting with the women but we’ll see.

38 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Seems like a lot of effort to put into someone that wasn't that over in the first place. Not that bizarre really.

She wasn't? I feel that's a matter of opinion. But regardless, I still thing a bit of effort (just GENERALLY) with story telling would go a long way.

Kairi's super-cute, she could work (to a level) against women of a similar physical stature and she's gutsy. That's basically what I said about her before she signed. She was a 5-6 year pro with STARDOM, trained by Fuka (who's hardly Satomura). All things considered, she's over-achieved. Stupid comment about her elbow drop. Delivered properly, as she did multiple times in STARDOM, it's gorgeous. A finisher? No.

1 hour ago, Doog said:

Better show this week, bit more focus and stuff moving forward.

Mcintyre/Orton is pretty much the biggest match they could do at the moment so it’s a decent main event for SummerSlam.

I assume Mark Henry showing up randomly and Ron Simmons being there last week means the new Nation faction is still at least on the table, not sure how they get there from him just chatting with the women but we’ll see.

It's actually a damming indictment of WWE that Ortton v Mcintyre is considered a big match. Not knocking either man but it's hardly Rock v Austin or Hogan v Warrior. 

What happened to this company?! 

As for the new nation... Wow. If its a heel team then that doesn't look good re racial stereotyping.. Its topical for sure but unless handled sensitively (this is WWE) it could be a monster disaster PR wise. This is a highly emotive subject at the best of times. 

Edited by Michael_3165

13 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

It's actually a damming indictment of WWE that Ortton v Mcintyre is considered a big match. Not knocking either man but it's hardly Rock v Austin or Hogan v Warrior. 

What happened to this company?! 

As for the new nation... Wow. If its a heel team then that doesn't look good re racial stereotyping.. Its topical for sure but unless handled sensitively (this is WWE) it could be a monster disaster PR wise. This is a highly emotive subject at the best of times. 

I mentioned similar on a facebook post discussing it, how do you book it to keep anyone happy, without pandering or offending?

Would they be heels as mvp and lashley are which is starts angle off on dodgy grounds.

At the time I think 11 of 15 Champions or something like that were black or ethnic but I saw complaints that the two world champions were white "cos there people are being held down as world champions", the group would have to win most matches to prevent backlash

Don't want to derail too much with this stuff but wwe would be madder than usual to attempt this group in 2020

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Yeah Kairi has finished up with WWE now (last nights RAW was taped last week) and she’s heading back to Japan to be with her husband and has apparently left on good terms.

Hopefully the rumour that she is looking at one more year before retiring are true because she could have some belters with Stardom's current roster and right now they could really use Kairi after Hana's death and a bunch of retirements.

2 hours ago, Doog said:

I really struggle to believe that a new Nation stable is on the cards, particularly given Mark Henry's previous comments about racism and his involvement in Black Lives Matter protests. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but it reeks to me of Meltzer being fed nonsense. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

At the time I think 11 of 15 Champions or something like that were black or ethnic but I saw complaints that the two world champions were white "cos there people are being held down as world champions", the group would have to win most matches to prevent backlash

On 7/17/2020 at 11:00 AM, The Cutting Edge said:

I'd say now more than ever its harder to pinpoint what fans want or need as an all rounder, we're constantly hearing that Black, Hispanic, LGBQ or any "minority" group want to represented at the top of the card and say they can't relate to Omega (white dude) Reigns (Samoan) or whoever cos they "don't look like or act like me" 

I saw black guys saying Kofi wasn't really a black champion for them cos he didn't act how they would (really stupid I know)

Where on earth are you seeing this stuff?

• Paid Members

Bayley & Sasha have all the belts? That'll be team Bayley Vs team Sasha at Survivor Series then.