The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

It's actually a damming indictment of WWE that Ortton v Mcintyre is considered a big match. Not knocking either man but it's hardly Rock v Austin or Hogan v Warrior. 

What happened to this company?! 

As for the new nation... Wow. If its a heel team then that doesn't look good re racial stereotyping.. Its topical for sure but unless handled sensitively (this is WWE) it could be a monster disaster PR wise. This is a highly emotive subject at the best of times. 

What’s happened to this company is that they only have one superstar and have done for years. And he only works when he wants. 

It's actually a damming indictment of WWE that Ortton v Mcintyre is considered a big match. Not knocking either man but it's hardly Rock v Austin or Hogan v Warrior. 

What happened to this company?! 

How many matches over the years in any company have been as big as Rock/Austin or Hogan/Warrior? That's a pretty ridiculous comparison.

13 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

How many matches over the years in any company have been as big as Rock/Austin or Hogan/Warrior? That's a pretty ridiculous comparison.

I'm talking about matches w some sort of magnitude. Even the Punk v Cena, Lesnar v Taker etc matches had more oompf to them in terms of start power. I wouldn't say ridiculous at all. I'm saying that we have gone from relatively big names to a historically bland non draw and a mid carder who recently won a title. 

59 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I'm talking about matches w some sort of magnitude. Even the Punk v Cena, Lesnar v Taker etc matches had more oompf to them in terms of start power. I wouldn't say ridiculous at all. I'm saying that we have gone from relatively big names to a historically bland non draw and a mid carder who recently won a title. 

You don't see McIntyre and Orton as big names, but plenty of the young kids watching will do, just like you saw Austin & Rock as big names when you were a kid and the generation before you thought they were nothing compared to Hogan & Warrior.

I know they're not on the same level, but for what they've got Orton vs. McIntyre is a fairly big match.  You could argue Orton and McIntyre are bigger names than Austin & Rock, seeing as the company makes more money now than it did in 1999 (you'd be wrong obviously, but there is an argument to be had there)

But if you gave me a list of 'matches w some sort of magnitude' vs a list of most PPV main events over the years, you're not getting Austin/Rock or Hogan/Warrior on a regular basis. Punk/Cena was an exceptional match. Lesnar/Taker again was exceptional. You're throwing out some of the biggest and most significant matches in the history of wrestling. Not every PPV can offer that, and it shouldn't.

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

But if you gave me a list of 'matches w some sort of magnitude' vs a list of most PPV main events over the years, you're not getting Austin/Rock or Hogan/Warrior on a regular basis. Punk/Cena was an exceptional match. Lesnar/Taker again was exceptional. You're throwing out some of the biggest and most significant matches in the history of wrestling. Not every PPV can offer that, and it shouldn't.

Can't argue there. But ivee said thhe same thing about Swagger and Ryback previously so this isn't a new thing. 

Rumour going is that Aleister Black has been written off tv for time being.

Why wwe takes someone off tv when the roster is so thin is a mystery but might be best thing to get him away from endless Rey vs Rollins thing and the pretty painful shows.

Does make you wonder who Rollins will face at Summerslam...better not be Dominick

8 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Social cesspool known as facebook, was on wrestling pages I follow

I was going to let this go, but I think it’s important to challenge it. I’m not going to go as far as to call bullshit, but specifically where are you seeing minority groups constantly complaining and saying they can’t relate to Omega/Reigns etc? 

But let’s say this is true. Who is anyone to say they’re wrong in holding that viewpoint? If people, as you claim, are complaining en masse, wouldn’t that suggest there might be an issue?

Given that wrestling appeals to kids surely it’s important that they feel represented. That a black child can look at the WWE or AEW main event scene and see themselves in a wrestler. Or someone who is LGBTQ. It would feel pretty shitty to look at a form of entertainment and think that you could never do that because you’re not represented in any way at a high level. I’d have to imagine that it would feel monumental when we finally have an openly gay AEW or WWE Champion, even more so if you are gay and have lived your life knowing that not everyone accepts you.

I don’t want to derail the thread, but it’s wrong to casually dismiss calls for representation, even if the calls you’re dismissing are of dubious origin.

• Paid Members

The only thing I’m excited about on Raw is the inevitable Dominick Mysterio heel turn. I quite like the idea of him turning on Rey, joining Seth’s crew and having some Father vs. Son matches. Given the athleticism Dominick has already displayed, and assuming Rey wants to make him a superstar, I bet they could have some real belters.

My weird, nerdy need for storyline consistency also wants the turn to involve Dominick going with his, “true,” lineage and taking the Guerrero name. “You were never my real Dad!” Stuff like that. Sure, maybe not in the best taste to include Eddie in storyline, but it’s WWE, so whatever.

Then have Triple H explain why he gave Kevin Owens the Universal Title, just so I can finally sleep at night.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Then have Triple H explain why he gave Kevin Owens the Universal Title, just so I can finally sleep at night.

They're gonna tie that up on the end of series finale, along with confirming it was Bossman who lifted the briefcase.

• Paid Members

20 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I was going to let this go, but I think it’s important to challenge it. I’m not going to go as far as to call bullshit, but specifically where are you seeing minority groups constantly complaining and saying they can’t relate to Omega/Reigns etc? 

And KOFI, who wasn't 'acting black enough'.  Whether it was intended or not, it came across way too close to "all this pandering is a bad idea, because it's never good enough for them".

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Rumour going is that Aleister Black has been written off tv for time being.

Why wwe takes someone off tv when the roster is so thin is a mystery but might be best thing to get him away from endless Rey vs Rollins thing and the pretty painful shows.

Does make you wonder who Rollins will face at Summerslam...better not be Dominick

He was one of the so called "Heyman guys" wasn't he? They have all, for the most part, been de-pushed or booked like jobbers over the last month or so. I imagine it's just Vince resetting the natural order of things.

I'm only commenting on what I've read, I know it reads as dodgy but it's what I've read, surely people know what facebook is like

3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

And KOFI, who wasn't 'acting black enough'.  Whether it was intended or not, it came across way too close to "all this pandering is a bad idea, because it's never good enough for them".