The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

With the no audience setting they could easily have pre-taped something that looked brutal but was safe. No reason to actually beat the shit out of him for real.

They can't win though, in fairness. If it was pre-taped instead they would have been complaints about them doing too many pre-tapes etc, similar to the Dexter Lumis jump over the ropes. They aren't at their best and haven't been for a long while, but sometimes they just can't win.

21 minutes ago, Nick James said:

They can't win though, in fairness. If it was pre-taped instead they would have been complaints about them doing too many pre-tapes etc, similar to the Dexter Lumis jump over the ropes. They aren't at their best and haven't been for a long while, but sometimes they just can't win.

It's not a case of "They can't win". They are a billion dollar production company and have no excuse for it. They should be capable of editing a sequence without it being obviously staged and they should be be capable of staging a fight with actually battering someone. Film and TV production companies with a fraction of the money and experience that WWE have manage it all the time. I've long since stopped watching Raw but in the gif I saw of Dom getting hit they deliberately cut away so you don't even see the strikes land, totally unnecessary.

Their production actively shits on the risks and incredible athleticism of their roster, so the in ring guys are killing themselves while the director and editor make it worthless. Someone posted on here a month ago Montez Ford's incredible top rope splash. The guy gets 16 feet in the air, flies halfway across the ring, with grace, poise and impact - it's perfect for a hard cam shot with a slight zoom on impact to properly show you how AMAZING he is. Instead, we saw him climb to the top, then an awkward closeup of him where the opponent suddenly appeared under him on the mat. If it's a choice to lessen the impact, for family-oriented sponsors or something, then why do a caning angle at all?

Isn't it a right of passage for wrestlers offspring to get the hell beaten out of them, to show they're tough and deserve to be there, rather than milking their name? I remember the absolute shellacking Garett Bischoff took in TNA to try and show he wasn't just employeed because of his dad. I'm guessing Dominick is trying the same thing. All Guerrero's have a name to live up to... 

8 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Isn't it a right of passage for wrestlers offspring to get the hell beaten out of them, to show they're tough and deserve to be there, rather than milking their name? I remember the absolute shellacking Garett Bischoff took in TNA to try and show he wasn't just employeed because of his dad. I'm guessing Dominick is trying the same thing. All Guerrero's have a name to live up to... 

Sounds completely reasonable and non-abusive *shudders*

• Paid Members

Kendo sticks should be retired anyway. They make no sense whatsoever in a wrestling context, they look shit and are completely overused.

It made sense back in the day because the only person who used them was Steve Blackman and his gimmick was a martial arts expert. But nowadays it's just fucking weird.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Weren’t they used by Sandman in ECW before Blackman, but were called Singapore Canes because of that guy who got caned in Singapore?

Or are Kendo Sticks different and I’m culturally ignorant?

They are different. They are different sizes and different material, the cane is made for punishment, solid cane soaked in water and the kendo stick is Japanese, made from bamboo, hollow and used in martial arts training, it's supposed to be a practice wooden samurai sword I believe.

They probably use the exact same gimmick in wrestling though. I doubt you can actually buy a real Singapore cane anywhere, but kendo sticks are probably widely available. 

Edited by LaGoosh