The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Punk was really good in matches and angles where he was outmatched physically in his earlier WWE days, when he did stuff with The Big Show and Big Daddy V, and he could probably still do that well. The problem is that McIntyre isn't so much bigger than him that that kind of match would work.

Then again, it's probably the best way to do it. McIntyre just overpowering him and mocking his feeble, cellotaped together body, forcing Punk to play the sneaky heel role that we all know he can do really well.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Punk was really good in matches and angles where he was outmatched physically in his earlier WWE days, when he did stuff with The Big Show and Big Daddy V, and he could probably still do that well. The problem is that McIntyre isn't so much bigger than him that that kind of match would work.

Then again, it's probably the best way to do it. McIntyre just overpowering him and mocking his feeble, cellotaped together body, forcing Punk to play the sneaky heel role that we all know he can do really well.

Yeah, I think all roads lead to heel for him. Or they should.

As to him leaving or blowing out, I don't see it. I think his time in AEW reignited his love for wrestling, even if he didn't get on with the environment/people, and this is the actual last chance saloon. I reckon he'll be on best behaviour until he either chooses to leave or his body gives up.

I'm probably coming across very negative, but i'm actually - still - a big Punk fan. I just think he needs to a) tweak his act to avoid it being a greatest hits tour and b) either turn heel, or change the way he works, when it comes to guys like Drew who are just big lads without being monsters. The same would be true of Roman, for example, who just seems so much more physically dominant than a Punk figure. He'll be grand with the Cody's and the Rollins' types, he just needs to find a way of working with those big boys.

• Paid Members

The main problem since he's come back is that he's trying to play the hits a bit too much, and in his case the hits are insider reference promos that don't really fit in the WWE anymore. I like them but much of the crowd don't know what he's talking about, hence the mixed response.

He's also trying a bit too hard. He's obviously really desperate for this run to work and also for people to just enjoy him in this run but he just needs to relax. Even despite the ups and downs, this McIntyre feud has been outstanding and McIntyre is coming out of it superbly.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Have we got any updates on when he will be cleared to complete and return because he would be fantastic on the Scotland ppv 

No fucking idea. We should fucking find out fucking soon.

• Paid Members

If CM Punk goes into Glasgow as heel, situational or otherwise, this whole stilted WWE return will be worth it. Even if he likely gets re-injured in that match, just get him in that ring, amongst what I imagine will be a nuclear atmosphere.

What Bret Hart matches can Punk plagiarise from, where Bret is the heel, fighting a bigger opponent? Summerslam ‘97 or One Night Only, vs. The Undertaker?

Drew should do a Scottish Stampede entrance. Hype video with Robert Carlyle and Ewan McGregor. Bring Grado. David Tennant. Andy Murray. Fergie as manager. The cheers getting louder each damn time until Drew comes out to Broken Dreams dressed as William Wallace and basically just stabs Punk with his sword. Magic.

3 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Picture this

Punk comes out to The Fields of Athenry. Celtic Top on.

"...and his opponent, being led the ring by ALLY MCCOIST"

*Simply The Best hits*

You immediately have the wildest atmosphere in WWE history. 

Horrible flashbacks to Edge turning up to a Manchester Arena show in a Man Utd shirt, completely failing to understand British football dynamics and just getting booed out of the arena. As a babyface.

Just now, d-d-d-dAz said:

Horrible flashbacks to Edge turning up to a Manchester Arena show in a Man Utd shirt, completely failing to understand British football dynamics and just getting booed out of the arena. As a babyface.

I once saw Roddy Piper come out to the ring with two HUGELY offensive pieces of shit

1. A half and half Rangers and Celtic scarf

2. Ric Flair

9 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I don't usually fall for this sort of stuff when it comes to wrestling, and my favourite guys have often been smaller (hi, Daniel Bryan Danielson 👋) - but is anyone else struggling with the physical comparison between Drew and Punk?

Drew looks like he'd fucking murder him.

I mean, he probably will. No way Punk is getting through that match without picking up an injury. 

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

No fucking idea. We should fucking find out fucking soon.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:28 PM, SuperBacon said:

If you can go until the end of the year on here without saying the word "fucking" I'll donate money to a charity of your choice.

spacer.png

"Now this is a test"

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

To be fair, he was also wrestling Ric Flair. Having attended both TNA and WWE house shows in that building in the years that followed the Edge debacle, the reverence is such that Beer Money and Charlotte were among the most popular acts purely for being managed by Flair. That being Charlotte who was a heel at the time wrestling two babyfaces, and Beer Money who were wrestling British Invasion… in Britain.