The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I’m on a facebook page where if people drink Carling they get called nonces and harm wished on them and their families. Facebook comments aren’t worth “discussion” and don’t reflect reality 

WWE has announced that Shane McMahon is returning to Raw tonight, and that a mystery new faction is to debut.

There was a time that news about a possible faction would have me buzzing for Raw But one of these announcements kinda cancels the other out.

Still, I’m intrigued to see what they do here. WWE can be excellent at creating ‘moments’ even if these don’t always translate to good stories.

• Paid Members

Which new faction made their debut? Because Lashley and Co have been going round together for weeks and unless someone tries to claim the Riott Squad as a tag team counts as a faction, you've got to give it to WWE for completely lying on social media so people will tune in. 

Edit: I realised after typing this that it alludes to the crew all in black setting fire to crap and spiking Montez Ford's drink. But seriously, they're geniuses because half those tuning in because they expected it to be UE, or the hacker gimmick or whatever are gonna be raging that this new faction are in fact a 5 second part of a 3 hour show. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members

With a newborn who doesn’t sleep, this was the first time in forever I watched Raw from start to finish.

I didn’t hate it. Not only was it one of those daft shows where they’re throwing tonnes of shit at the wall in the hope for ratings, but some of the shit they threw was actually quite good.

Raw Underground worked in spite of itself. A bad rip-off of Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport. Plagued by constant camera cuts that gave me motion sickness. Girls dancing like it was early TNA. Doing that WWE tell-don’t-show thing, conveying unpredictability and excitement by exclusively having Shane McMahon constantly saying how unpredictable and exciting it was. And yet, you can’t deny it. When the Hurt Business took over at the end that was the best any of those guys have looked in as long as I can remember and it genuinely felt like a main event act. Lashley in particular, who’s been absolutely useless ever since coming back to WWE, looked a million dollars throwing that guy around and knocking him out whilst still wearing the suit.

Drew and Randy cut a great promo.

Samoa Joe remains the biggest and brightest star this company never had. His facials when Seth was bullying Todd Phillips, him standing up to Seth and Murphy. Fucking hell. This guy could’ve been huge of they’d hired him before his body started falling apart. He’s incredible.

Plus, even the bad stuff still made me laugh. A genuine update backstage about some boxes having been knocked over. Hilarious. Maybe they can call back to that thing last year when Roman had some boxes fall on him. Did that ever get resolved? Was it Erick Rowan? That bloke who looked like him? I forget.

Edited by Supremo

I'm all for them trying stuff. It's what they need to do. We all complain about it being too samey and predictable and nothing changing so I do enjoy when they go into panic mode and start doing shit like this. Inevitably they'll get bored of their own ideas but it'll be nice to see if any of it goes anywhere.