The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

9 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Saw a screenshot of a beheading on twitter earlier. Kevin Dunn's 900 camera changes actually served a purpose, as you didnt see anything bad. What thick cunt does that, though? Purple Aki, Dirty Den, Gazza with a fishing rod, Keith Chegwin with his cock out, all of this is fair game. Not a execution, you mad cunts.

Wrestling fans ruin things for themselves. It's the perils of conditioning them for years that they are not only a part of the show but the most important part of the show.
It was always going to be people looking to 'get themselves over' and do stupid shit, sadly.

13 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Apparently, NFL etc are doing family/friends and a small number of fans. It sounds much more like the right call. Wouldn't be anything to criticise over them doing that.

Would be best move, fans haven't been at any shows of anything since march and when they get the chance....kkk and Beniot pics.

Nothing new but fans they bring it on themselves 

• Paid Members

Positives -

-Asuka with the win

- Keith Lee

- Kevin Owens with a mic

- Dominik looking good in his 2nd match

Negatives-

Orton punt kicking a wall rather than Drew’s head (1st attempt)

-Retribution beat down, no one for the save

-Keith Lee’s new gear and music

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Wrestling fans ruin things for themselves. It's the perils of conditioning them for years that they are not only a part of the show but the most important part of the show.
It was always going to be people looking to 'get themselves over' and do stupid shit, sadly.

Like going to a show and calling people cunts?

• Paid Members

Only just noticed this, but WWE Network adds a bunch of Raw/Smackdown clips the day after broadcast, but they only show up in the menus/home screen if you're not a subscriber or you're logged out.

If you're a logged in subscriber, you'd never know they are there.

• Paid Members

I’m amazed they seemingly didn’t consider people abusing the fan screens. It was literally the first thing I thought of when it was announced. Although admittedly I just thought someone would have a wank or show a photo of Jimmy Saville, not an actual execution!

The fact they went a number of shows with no delay or quality control, they’re lucky worse stuff hasn’t been shown.

They've announced that anyone abusing it will get kicked from now on, but surely they need to do more? Especially now all the weirdos who hadn’t even considered it now know what’s possible? It’s going to be a shit show on Friday.

54 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m amazed they seemingly didn’t consider people abusing the fan screens. It was literally the first thing I thought of when it was announced. Although admittedly I just thought someone would have a wank or show a photo of Jimmy Saville, not an actual execution!

The fact they went a number of shows with no delay or quality control, they’re lucky worse stuff hasn’t been shown.

They've announced that anyone abusing it will get kicked from now on, but surely they need to do more? Especially now all the weirdos who hadn’t even considered it now know what’s possible? It’s going to be a shit show on Friday.

It is so odd. Surely you’d have thought they’d try to mitigate this, at the highest cost they could have one ‘moderator’ watching one screen, obviously that will cost a fortune but it’s a basic risk assessment. Even if they had the show on a 5 minute delay. Hope Vince can swallow his pride if it continues to be a shitshow, the costs of fines and possibly losing TV sure outweighs the risk of not putting better mitigation in place. 

When they announced this I remember thinking, reading, probably typing elsewhere that this virtual fan screen thing was going to potentially be the worst thing they've ever done. It always happens during the rare few times they've given live air time to fans like this, the million dollar deal where Vince had to listen to Rick Astley for ages, the WWE forum that got Rotten dot com'd into closure. It even took them longer than most to get an official Youtube.

WWE is still iron clad carnival shit. They reply to nothing, acknowledge nothing, treat anyone still spending money on them with contempt, and when they sort of get collared once a blue moon they wave terrible fucking behaviour away like Inspector Helmsley last week. People are idiots online when they have freedom like this given to them, but the WWE's method of silence, denial, nihilism, whatever, I think it's all at play and for every fan who genuinely feels like Hulk Hogan is just Hulk Hogan and Terry Bollea is someone they just never think about, all that stuff, there's people who'll see him coming back after saying what he said as confirming their own fucked up bollocks. It's honestly feels like the least surprising thing this happened. It'll just keep happening aswell til they ditch it because it's WWE and they are as thick as humanly fucking possible, collectively. If they ever held anybody responsible for anything it'd make the fan experience so much better for anyone this side of normal. Every fandoms going to have it's issues but WWE could have done so much fucking more years, decades before all this to not get here. Contempt from the company is only going to come back in return tenfold, like this.

Discussing wrestling's driving me fucking mad at the minute because it feels like everyone (the royal everyone, not here specifically or anything) are cycling through the same arguments over and over again, same storyline plot points, same fan discourse. I don't know, it seems insane to me that we're all at this point, like we got to 2010 and stuck around in quicksand watching everything just slowly get weirder and shitter and as mad as everything else. RAW inadvertently airs an ISIS execution and photgraph of Chris Benoit and it's still not the weirdest week they've ever had.

I hope this makes sense, sorry, but the discussion of the whole thunderdome thing last night really interested me, the reaction and everything

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members

We live in a post-Chat Roulette world. That they didn't predict this happening is mind-boggling. It's something of a minor miracle there weren't more cocks on screen than just Vince.

1 hour ago, Cannibal Man said:

I don't know, it seems insane to me that we're all at this point, like we got to 2010 and stuck around in quicksand watching everything just slowly get weirder and shitter and as mad as everything else. RAW inadvertently airs an ISIS execution and photgraph of Chris Benoit and it's still not the weirdest week they've ever had.

Feels like life in general, actually.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Got 2 million for this show and a good bounce in 18-49 I wonder how many of those stick around after some of the embarrassing things on this show 

Best number overall and in the 18-49 demograph since the post-Mania show. Presumably a post-SummerSlam boost, perhaps with intrigue over the Thunderdome concept? Wasn't much competition from the NBA game, though that's not relevant because they did record lows before real sports even came back. Either way, it's well up from last week. Was the show good enough to keep them next week?

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Was the show good enough to keep them next week?

No.

They probably tuned in hoping something interesting would happen on the post-Summerslam show, someone new would debut (other than Keith Lee) or there would be a surprise return. None of which happened.

Or they turned in for Reigns, forgetting he is on Smackdown and not Raw.